South Carolina scientist works to grow meat in lab

South Carolina scientist works to grow meat in lab

For F$#@& sakes, still no cure for baldness.

Send the researcher a message and ask him if he’s ever managed to grow any hair on that meat. That could be our ticket out of here.

Pretty interesting idea however, growing meat in the lab I got to say. Hope he manages to pull it off.

Very intesting article on it :

how about asking the good doctor if his mini bioreactor can culture hair progenitor cells like he does with muscle progenitor cells of meat. anyone want to track him down and contact him? If he’s done 10 yrs worth of research into this, he must know quite a bit about it.

» South Carolina scientist works to grow meat in lab
»
» South Carolina scientist works to grow meat in lab | Reuters
»
»
» For F$#@& sakes, still no cure for baldness.

I honestly believe this will be the future of meat production. I mean how awesome would it be to grow any part of any animal without raising them to suffer and get slaughtered?

Plus of course it’s a lot more efficient and probably faster than the factory farming method.

If I had the money I’d definitely invest in something like this or start my own company…this could wipe out the traditional meat production industry.

As for curing hair loss, we’ll become ‘Ascendant Beings’ (like in Stargate SG1) long before they ever solve that problem. :slight_smile:

» how awesome would it be to grow any part of any animal without raising them to suffer and get slaughtered?

Keep your test tube meat.

Butchering an animal is one of the great appetizing experience of life, much like smelling good food cooking.

As for the animals, tough luck on them. They’d eat us if they had the chance.

» » how awesome would it be to grow any part of any animal without raising
» them to suffer and get slaughtered?
»
» Keep your test tube meat.
»
» Butchering an animal is one of the great appetizing experience of life,
» much like smelling good food cooking.
»
» As for the animals, tough luck on them. They’d eat us if they had the
» chance.

Nahhh no interest in butchering an animal actually i have to much contact to someone related to butchers