Sounds like HM is done...very suicidal

Hey Everyone,

Alot of HT surgeons have been stating that the materials presented at the latest ISHRS conference were not promising and many researchers are backing out of the HM possibility and research. They say results worked in mice but not in humans so they are giving up. I really hope this is not the case because i think i will kill myself if this does not come to fruition. I’ve been dealing with this crap for way too long and i really want a chance to get my life back together, possibly model once again…but if not, just to be happy with a full head of thick hair. Probably won’t happen though :frowning:

Ex-Model

» Hey Everyone,
»
» Alot of HT surgeons have been stating that the materials presented at the
» latest ISHRS conference were not promising and many researchers are backing
» out of the HM possibility and research. They say results worked in mice
» but not in humans so they are giving up. I really hope this is not the
» case because i think i will kill myself if this does not come to fruition.
» I’ve been dealing with this crap for way too long and i really want a
» chance to get my life back together, possibly model once again…but if
» not, just to be happy with a full head of thick hair. Probably won’t happen
» though :frowning:
»
» Ex-Model

Well… just the time can tell us about this…
But there´s a lot of money in hair researchs, so there is a good chance that in 10 years something good appears (maybe not the “cure” but something that really works)

HT doctors are not the place to get HM information.

These guys have been brushing off news about HM for many years. Most forms of HM being tested are more likely to put them out of business than help them. Good news, bad news, it doesn’t matter. They all say “it’s a long way off, if it ever comes at all.”

Just about the only doctor that will tell you a positive thing about HM these days is Dr. Armani. He will talk positively about HM while he is selling you an agressive HT, promising that HM will fix any future donor supply problems that the HT causes.

It sounds like you have put your life on hold waiting for HM. That is no way to live. If you need hair to be a model then put on a hairpiece like tons of other people in the entertainment industry do. You may find this embarrassing and frustrating sometimes, but is suicide a better idea?

Count me as cautiously optimistic. Tissue engineering has come a long way since 2000. They are now able to grow bladder tissue in a lab to use on a patient. There’s a lot of money and research in this field. Breakthroughs are coming, be patient and don’t get too upset about it.

I hope you’re kidding…

it’s only hair…HM will be available in some sort of format within 5 years… and it will be a very viable solution in 10 years… once someone comes out with some sort of solution, you’ll see many more with other variations…

regardless, it’s only hair…

Alot of HT surgeons have been stating that the materials presented at the latest ISHRS conference were not promising and many researchers are backing out of the HM possibility and research. They say results worked in mice but not in humans so they are giving up.
You wouldn’t ask a BMW salesman if you should buy an Audi instead. By the same token you shouldn’t ask an HT doctor’s opinion about something than could possibly bankrupt his greedy little practice.

I really hope this is not the case because i think i will kill myself if this does not come to fruition. I’ve been dealing with this crap for way too long and
You should find some solace that we’re dealing with the same crap you are.

i really want a chance to get my life back together, possibly model once again…but if not, just to be happy with a full head of thick hair. Probably won’t happen though
Well if you’re an ex model than you’re probably fit and in good health. That’s something positive. Most folks don’t even have that going for them.

» I hope you’re kidding…
»
» it’s only hair…HM will be available in some sort of format within 5
» years…

thats what we thought 10 years ago.

and it will be a very viable solution in 10 years…

once someone
» comes out with some sort of solution, you’ll see many more with other
» variations…

»
» regardless, it’s only hair…

thats what we thought 10 years ago. :slight_smile:

» I hope you’re kidding…
»
» years… and it will be a very viable solution in 10 years… once someone
» variations…
»

Tell that to a girl, who is judging you and therefore you are limited in dating options. As well, tell this to me, who is 5’6" and even though considered decently attractive, and very built, the two together of short and bald, don’t help at all, it is EXTREMELY depressing, considering I have been balding since I was 20-21, and I am now 36. My WHOLE adult life I have been bald, there have NEVER been any good years. So stfu. I am angry enough most days, I want to crack guys skulls on the pavement when I get a tude in a bar bc of a chick and the guy knocks me on both counts in a cocky way. I am very respectful, but sick of being judged and put down, and I am not a weenie, instead I am more built, smarter and make more money the the twits the guys the girls usually go for. Anyways, let me state this very clearly, put a woman in our shoes, having NO hair. We accept as men, bc it has been made as a man’s disease 95% of the time, and girls say they like bald guys, hm, short bald? Not so much, so like I said, switch the roles, a bald girl? They WOULD be suicidal, period. So it’s only hair crap or wtv is crap. A girl who has breast cancer and loses a breast? Suicidal. Please stop saying it is only HAIR for those who deal with more than one issue. Do I personally care if I have my hair? NO. I care what the stupid degenerates judging me think, so YES I want it back, so sometime in my adult life I can have a few yrs of less bs…anyways…

» Well if you’re an ex model than you’re probably fit and in good health.
» That’s something positive. Most folks don’t even have that going for them.

Well, if he’s an ex model, he’s probably horribly vain. But he must have great symmetry if he was a model. Probably looks good bald. Just being a baby? Of course, we all are.

» » I hope you’re kidding…
» »
» » it’s only hair…HM will be available in some sort of format within 5
» » years…
»
» thats what we thought 10 years ago.
»
» >>and it will be a very viable solution in 10 years…
»
»
» >>once someone
» » comes out with some sort of solution, you’ll see many more with other
» » variations…
»
»
» »
» » regardless, it’s only hair…
»
» thats what we thought 10 years ago. :slight_smile:

Have you ever heard about the evolution and the progress? Following your theory… we always been 10 years away from any type of cure. Then, what are you doing posting here? Why are you asking for the Q&A from Histogen if there isn’t a cure (always 10 years away…).

» I hope you’re kidding…
»
» years… and it will be a very viable solution in 10 years… once someone
» variations…
»

People who come here (to an internet website dedicated to hair) and post ridiculously optimistic timelines regarding hair multiplication (5 years) and then say “It’s only hair” are funny. Who do you think you’re fooling? Yourself?
I’ve said my piece.

» » Well if you’re an ex model than you’re probably fit and in good health.
» » That’s something positive. Most folks don’t even have that going for
» them.
»
» Well, if he’s an ex model, he’s probably horribly vain. But he must have
» great symmetry if he was a model. Probably looks good bald. Just being a
» baby? Of course, we all are.

Accusing someone of being vain in a post on “hairsite.com” (this is not AIDS.com, or cancer.com) is funny. Thanks for the laugh. I guess you did say “We all are”, so you’re right about that, and less of a hypocrite than those that come on here and brag about how confident they are.

» Hey Everyone,
»
»
» Ex-Model

1. Aderans just initiated a real phase II trial in the U.S., with at least 100 cohorts. That is a serious investment for something that’s “dead”. Follica seems to be on to something as well.

2. Have you used any of the products available on the market? Minoxodil? Nizoral? Propecia? Dutasteride?

3. If you were a model, then you should look ok with a shaved head. Give it a try.

Exactly.

The bottom line is that Aderans is moving forward with probably the most critical stage of the FDA approval process, and they’re showing signs of being more serious than ICX ever was.

Therefore, anyone’s attempt to declare HM dead or a decade away is purely mental masturbation. That idea has no more basis in current solid facts than the overly optimistic dreamers.

We don’t know yet. No matter what anyone says either way. We just don’t know yet.

We just don’t know yet.

We just don’t know yet.

» 1. Aderans just initiated a real phase II trial in the U.S., with at
» least 100 cohorts. That is a serious investment for something that’s
» “dead”. Follica seems to be on to something as well.
»

The Aderans hairloss trial ads in the Washington, DC “Express” free paper were gone for about 2 weeks, but I noticed on Friday they started back up again.

Since the ads had been running every day for a while, it surprises me that they’d need to recruit more people. How many people do they need, anyway? Are they rejecting a lot of prospective trialists for different reasons?

One of the criteria listed is that you can’t have been using any kind of medication for hairloss for a while before the trials.

If I could take time off from work, I’d volunteer because I really am curious about whether this will work or not.

I’m not overly optimistic, but this does seem to be a well-organized trial, well funded, and they appear to be very serious about carrying it through.

Also, Aderans’ use of “scaffolds” (whatever that means) might be a way of getting around the previous failures by others.

It seems to be a way of keeping all the cells in one place, so they can coalesce into a follicle, instead of injecting them in and having them scatter randomly underneath the skin.

Hello Ex Model,

Maybe this can be an option for you in the future? It seems that they get very good and natural results. There is also a forum with previous clients that are very happy with their results. The owner (Ian) is a very nice guy and really genuine.

Hope it helps you.

Robert

» Hey Everyone,
»
»
» Ex-Model

So you’re suggesting head tattooing?
What happens when his natural hair turns gray, and the tattoos turn blue-green?
Do you want this guy to kill himself?

» Hello Ex Model,
»
» http://www.histudio.co.uk
»
» Maybe this can be an option for you in the future? It seems that they get
» very good and natural results. There is also a forum with previous clients
» that are very happy with their results. The owner (Ian) is a very nice guy
» and really genuine.
»
» Hope it helps you.
»
» Robert

lol

» lol
bwahahaaaa… look at this outfit - www.hairsimulation.com

Fast forward to the 4:35 mark on the video.
The client recommends tattooing for… wait for it… beards and mustaches.

» Hello Ex Model,
»
» http://www.histudio.co.uk
»
» Maybe this can be an option for you in the future? It seems that they get
» very good and natural results. There is also a forum with previous clients
» that are very happy with their results. The owner (Ian) is a very nice guy
» and really genuine.
»
» Hope it helps you.
»
» Robert
»
»
»

That is utterly ridiculous. The fact that someone could make money doing that boggles the mind. I know the brits are predisposed to hairloss, and that they have embraced the shaved-look, but that…there’s just no words to explain that.