Somebody can translate this audio? thanks

http://forum.odeo.com/episodes/23171927-New-Fundraising-for-Hair-Raising-Follica-Takes-in-11-Million-for-Baldness-Treatment-Approach

Follicle promotes that they got anothere $11 million after the $5 million to combat baldness.

Effective treatment for hair-loss and blah blah blah.

blah blah blah is the most important thing to know :smiley:

No kidding. Listen to it guys.

BTW heres the text:

Follica’s main initial focus is developing a treatment for the extremely common form of hair loss called androgenic alopecia—better known as male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness. “This financing will enable us to build out the company and move well down the path towards [regulatory] approval,” says Daphne Zohar,

nt

» nt

not for sure. But as I have been saying all the time, imho it is obvious they will.

Yes,why would they seek approval for 1 phase? That doesn’t make sense.They will only be seeking approval when they are ready to release a fully operational commercial product.

We don’t know how many phases there will be or how long each phase will last. All we know is that they will have some information available next January.I doubt that they will be seeking approval next January.Guys this won’t be on the market until late 2010 or early 2011 & that’s only IF everything works.

Here’s what I think.

They will be testing the microdermabras technique for the next 60 days.They will then analyse all the information,if everything lives up to their expectations they will microdermabras again & this time add the drugs & see if hair grows.In January 2009 they will come out & tell us if this works or not.The only thing I am uncertain about is if they will just be testing a small patch or an entire head.

In January 2009 they will come out and say that they were successful in growing a 1cm squared patch of hair on an area that was once previously bald (most likely scenario) or they will tell us that they have grown an entire head of hair (unlikely)

My guess is that after January 2009,if everything works,they will then look at conducting a trial to regrow an entire head of hair & that trial may take another year.They will also have to see what happens when they use this technique on an area that has pre existing hairs.THEN they will have to seek FDA approval & who knows how long that will take.

Like I said before,either way I don’t think this will see the light of day until late 2010 or early 2011.That is a long way for me : (

» Like I said before,either way I don’t think this will see the light of day
» until late 2010 or early 2011.That is a long way for me : (

You are way too optimistic. That would be the fastest trials & approval cycle in the history of human kind.

» » Like I said before,either way I don’t think this will see the light of
» day
» » until late 2010 or early 2011.That is a long way for me : (
»
» You are way too optimistic. That would be the fastest trials & approval
» cycle in the history of human kind.

That is a fair comment debris.However,there are allot of factors working in Follicas favour.Their procedure has allot of advantages over current procedures being tested & ones that have surfaced & failed in the past.

I know we always get annoyed at the “5 years away” prediction but it could really take that long for this to available to the public.But like i said before,this procedure is unlike anything we have seen before.

Don’t forget,all other trials have been based on NEW products.Everything here is pre-existing & already approved.

ICX has to wait 3-4 months to see if hairs have started to grow.The tv spot on NBC suggests that Follica will be able to grow hairs much quicker.All these factors speed up trials.

Also,the female reporter on NBC was adamant that it could be available much, much sooner than Dr C had predicted.He must have said something to her for her to have made such a comment.

Keep in mind,without funding Follica would be nowhere.Getting funding for a trial can take years & years.Back then Dr C didn’t know that he had people lining up to give him money.

This cure won’t be available tomorrow but it may be here sooner than people expect. Let’s hope for the best.

» http://forum.odeo.com/episodes/23171927-New-Fundraising-for-Hair-Raising-Follica-Takes-in-11-Million-for-Baldness-Treatment-Approach

the audio clip says that the former CEO of the biotech firm GENENTECH has become a member of Follica’s board of directors…

that is HUGE!

» My guess is that after January 2009,if everything works

dude, there will be NOTHING in january 2009, daphne zohar says AT LEAST 1 year by now !

this means if everything goes well, you may expect something in december 2009, for the FIRST STEP of the PRE-trials

keep in mind that this means we are at least 8-10 years far away from Follica’s cure (even if it works), more than 1 year for the first pre-clinical trials, and then 3 phases… God saves our hair.

» » My guess is that after January 2009,if everything works
»
» dude, there will be NOTHING in january 2009, daphne zohar says AT LEAST 1
» year by now !
»
» this means if everything goes well, you may expect something in december
» 2009, for the FIRST STEP of the PRE-trials
»
» keep in mind that this means we are at least 8-10 years far away from
» Follica’s cure (even if it works), more than 1 year for the first
» pre-clinical trials, and then 3 phases… God saves our hair.

10 years? once proof-of-concept is established? unlikey.

This was posted by Biston on 8/15/08:

» year by now !
»
»

Do these guys come here to fu%k with us? This was posted the same day by the same guy:

Follica: abrasive wheel = dermaroller??? (Hair Multiplication & Research)
posted by biston, 15.08.2008, 19:29

» Unlike TRC this can be replicated
» by any clinic if they have some REAL info.

I hope it’s so, because this would be GREAT for us, more they are trying this method, more are the chances that we’ll have something on market soon…

I would hardly think that 10 years would be considered soon by anyone’s standards. Which is it: At least 8-10 years away or “on the market soon”. It can’t be both!

Take Care,
Bill

This was posted by Biston on 8/15/08:
dude, there will be NOTHING in january 2009, daphne zohar says AT LEAST
1 year by now !

this means if everything goes well, you may expect something in
december
2009, for the FIRST STEP of the PRE-trials

keep in mind that this means we are at least 8-10 years far away from
Follica’s cure (even if it works), more than 1 year for the first
pre-clinical trials, and then 3 phases… God saves our hair.

Do these guys come here to fu%k with us? This was posted the
same day by the same guy:

Follica: abrasive wheel = dermaroller??? (Hair Multiplication &
Research)
posted by biston, 15.08.2008, 19:29

Unlike TRC this can be replicated
by any clinic if they have some REAL info.

I hope it’s so, because this would be GREAT for us, more they are trying
this method, more are the chances that we’ll have something on market
soon…
I would hardly think that 10 years would be considered soon by
anyone’s standards. Which is it: At least 8-10 years away or “on the
market soon”. It can’t be both!
Take Care,
Bill

haha that’s rich; great find Bill. I’m starting to think some of these guys have the attention span of a chipmunk.

» Do these guys come here to fu%k with us?

Yep! Recent ACELL & Follica news has brought a lot of mentally unstable people on these forums. Even though everything has been discussed the hell out of, you’ll see a new thread everyday on same old stuff.

No way will it take anywhere near 10 years, Anybody who says it will is deluded.

» » My guess is that after January 2009,if everything works
»
» year by now !
»
»

She said about one year with the first round of funding. This lastest round of funding she said everything is on schedule and the new funding could speed up the process.

» This was posted by Biston on 8/15/08:

what the hell are you trying to say? are you idiot? you get 2 posts by 2 different contexts and comparisons between them? are you serious??? where the hell I said that 10 years is “soon” ??? OMG !! learn to read !

to say that we’re 10 years far away and to say that more research institutes are the better for us, is not a contradiction…

» haha that’s rich; great find Bill. I’m starting to think some of these
» guys have the attention span of a chipmunk.

great find WHAT ? you need some cure, Now I know hanging is right about you…

» » haha that’s rich; great find Bill. I’m starting to think some of these
» » guys have the attention span of a chipmunk.
»
» great find WHAT ? you need some cure, Now I know hanging is right about
» you…

Dude, ignore them. Those two are delusional. They just come here to jerk each other off about absolute vaporware. I mean, Lil’ Willy thought that he was going to build a hairloss advocacy group off of donations he was going to collect from this board. Then he started mass emailing HT doctors to get them to use Acell, even though there is no scientific data that suggest it has any implications for hairloss. They don’t know how to post without hyperbole or conjecture. Its laughable.