So, definately by next year,

I know this is old but,

"A further 8 subjects will be treated with variations in delivery technique. The full data set on all subjects at 24 weeks will be available in the middle of 2008. This detailed analysis will form the basis of further Phase II or Phase III trials as appropriate.

At the end of the trial photographic data will be analysed from a much larger area of treated scalp on all subjects at 12 months. Currently 2 patients have been lost to follow up."

just want to point out , finally next year, we can estimate when it will hit the market and/or how good it is.

it is going to armageddon or utopian days from then i guess…

Oh and by the way, why do i want hair? I no longer want saturday-night-alone time. :frowning:

“This detailed analysis will form the basis of further Phase II or Phase III trials as appropriate.”

Umm . . . I hate to be negative, but that little quote might turn out to be very important right there: “Or further phase II trials.”

I just noticed something:

“This detailed analysis will form the basis of further Phase II or Phase III trials as appropriate.”

Umm . . . I hate to be negative, but that little quote might turn out to
be very important right there. They’ve left the possibility open for only “further phase II trials” rather than the phase III (and commercially-offered) trials that we’re assuming will follow the current trials.

» I just noticed something:
»
» “This detailed analysis will form the basis of further Phase
» II or Phase III trials as appropriate.”
»
»
» Umm . . . I hate to be negative, but that little quote might turn out to
» be very important right there. They’ve left the possibility open for
» only “further phase II trials” rather than the phase III (and
» commercially-offered) trials that we’re assuming will follow the current
» trials.

Same old crap! The obsessed baldies figure out a way to turn a statement into a factual date for HM aaaand by this time next week it’ll be “boo hoo, those icx bastards, let’s DEMAND they get this off the ground, boo hoo.” THEN a peptalk. And THEN a week from that it will be more, “So, if we figure out that a detailed analysis based on phase II combined with phase III and a post by TheGame will mean that it’s coming, I’ll go out on a limb and safely say we’ll be on our way to destroying hairloss in it’s tracks by um…let’s see, April, 3rd, 2009, by April 23rd, hopefully, I’ll probably be married!”

» I know this is old but,
»
» “A further 8 subjects will be treated with variations in delivery
» technique. The full data set on all subjects at 24 weeks will be available
» in the middle of 2008. This detailed analysis will form the basis of
» further Phase II or Phase III trials as appropriate.
»
» At the end of the trial photographic data will be analysed from a much
» larger area of treated scalp on all subjects at 12 months. Currently 2
» patients have been lost to follow up.”

so basically we are waiting for the 6 month mark and the 12 month mark. 12 months puts us at about August or September 2008…and how are they going to release a small scale commercialization of HM in 08 that quick??

» so basically we are waiting for the 6 month mark and the 12 month mark. 12
» months puts us at about August or September 2008…and how are they going
» to release a small scale commercialization of HM in 08 that quick??

Easy: They’re NOT gonna be selling this stuff to anyone in 2008. I don’t know why the hell anyone thinks they ever would have been.

Start the clock whenever Bruce Willis & Prince William begin looking hairy in public, and then add at least 1-3 more years onto that date for affordable HM to trickle down to working-class nobodys like us. Any time before that is unrealistic.

» » so basically we are waiting for the 6 month mark and the 12 month mark.
» » months puts us at about August or September 2008…and how are they
» going
» » to release a small scale commercialization of HM in 08 that quick??
»
» Easy: They’re NOT gonna be selling this stuff to anyone in 2008. I don’t
» know why the hell anyone thinks they ever would have been.
»
»
»
» Start the clock whenever Bruce Willis & Prince William begin looking hairy
» in public, and then add at least 1-3 more years onto that date for
» affordable HM to trickle down to working-class nobodys like us. Any time
» before that is unrealistic.

i didn’t say they would be “selling” it. i’m going by what they have said in there statements about a small scale commercialization in 08. i’m wondering what their intentions are with that statement and why they would set such a tight deadline BEFORE seeing results from 6 months to a year for the phase 2 patients.

as far as price, i don’t doubt it would start off at a higher price, but they’ve said it would be along the same cost as a HT and best used in conjunction with a HT…for the first generation HM. honestly, the only time i’ve seen any mention of some high costing unrealistic procedure that only rich people like Bruce Willis & Prince William can afford…are from people on this website. i mean, dont get me wrong, i wouldn’t be surprised if it was a little pricey at first but that’s not what they’re leading on in their press releases and Q&A’s. no offense, but until they contradict a major statement (besides timelines) then i’ll go with what they say unless it’s written somewhere in print or comes from the horses mouth. everything else is speculation and assumptions.

The rich & powerful will get access to it earlier than many of us will. It’ll happen in some way or another. I don’t have to read specifically about ICX to think that, I just know how the world works.

They sell tickets to concerts “on the level” too. And yet the surest way to get good seats is to either know someone on the inside and/or be famous (inside connections/favors), or else be rich (pay the ticket scalpers). Those aren’t the only people who ever get good seats at a concert, but that’s still a large part of the story.

As for 2008 research deals, it could happen but I really don’t care. The odds of any one of us getting into that are not very high.

And even if we do get in for the phase III trials, what’s to say that effort is gonna be redoing a while head’s worth of hairs? We could fight our way into the 2008 trials and then discover we’re gonna have the great honor of getting 5 square cms of hair restored before the rest of the world does.

When Bruce Willis & Prince William look good again, plus 1-3 years.

“When Bruce Willis & Prince William look good again, plus 1-3 years.”

I dont know why you post again and again this crap?? You are obssesed or you think that celebrities are some superhumans who have some supersecrets to keep from ppl. No! when they have HM all others will have HM , only because MONEY is there. SOME “normal” people will have HM BEFORE Bruce Willis & Prince William if HM becomes reality.

» “When Bruce Willis & Prince William look good again, plus 1-3 years.”
»
»
» I dont know why you post again and again this crap?? You are obssesed or
» you think that celebrities are some superhumans who have some supersecrets
» to keep from ppl. No! when they have HM all others will have HM , only
» because MONEY is there. SOME “normal” people will have HM BEFORE Bruce
» Willis & Prince William if HM becomes reality.

yea, exactly. how do you know for sure Bruce Willis is as obsessed about his baldness as we are? this guy has a freaking 24 year old model girlfriend, millions of dollars, a family and women still find him attractive at the age of 55. there’s no guarantee he’d sell his soul to be first in line to get HM. for all we know he could be saying “i’ll let some other schmucks go first. i dont want to be the ginues pig.”

as many pics as i see prince williams balding he always seems to have a smile on his face. these guys are far from desperate.

i dont give a shit about being first in line. i just want to know that they have released it in a reasonable timeframe and that at least a HANDFUL of guys will be the positive result of HM from their small commercialization they keep referring to in 2008. just knowing that the shit works is enough for me. i would sleep much better knowing it’s a reality and all i need is $$$ to end my hairloss.

You guys are taking my comments too literally.

My “Bruce Willis & Prince William” assertion was just trying to convey that when HM comes out we’ll know about it and there will be widespread demand. I’m sure there will be people on the planet who get HM before the rich/powerful but that’s beside the point. OVERALL, a higher initial price will probably come into play, and OVERALL the rich/powerful will probably be AMONG the very first ones to get at it.

I suppose if you want to drop everything, move to England for months, bring tens of thousands of dollars, camp out at the door of ICX, and be willing to get HM when it’s barely even fully tested . . . Okay, well then I suppose you have a pretty good chance at being one of the early ones. Maybe.

But most of us do not want to do this. Most of us are asking about ICX-TRC because we just want to know when it’s normal enough to be considered a realistic option like a HT, and there’s at least A FEW cases on record of major cosmetically-significant regrowths already. Most of us are willing to overpay to get it very early, but we’re not willing to put our lives on hold and be a total lab-rat for it.

My point is that HM is not gonna be some sort of internet phenomenon where first people on the HM list will all be familiar screen names or something. This is a big world and there are a lot of people who want HM. When it comes, you’ll know about it.

» You guys are taking my comments too literally.
»
» My “Bruce Willis & Prince William” assertion was just trying to convey
» that when HM comes out we’ll know about it and there will be widespread
» demand. I’m sure there will be people on the planet who get HM before the
» rich/powerful but that’s beside the point. OVERALL, a higher initial price
» will probably come into play, and OVERALL the rich/powerful will probably
» be AMONG the very first ones to get at it.
»
»
» I suppose if you want to drop everything, move to England for months,
» bring tens of thousands of dollars, camp out at the door of ICX, and be
» willing to get HM when it’s barely even fully tested . . . Okay, well then
» I suppose you have a pretty good chance at being one of the early ones.
» Maybe.
»
» But most of us do not want to do this. Most of us are asking about
» ICX-TRC because we just want to know when it’s normal enough to be
» considered a realistic option like a HT, and there’s at least A FEW cases
» on record of major cosmetically-significant regrowths already. Most of us
» are willing to overpay to get it very early, but we’re not willing to put
» our lives on hold and be a total lab-rat for it.
»
»
» My point is that HM is not gonna be some sort of internet phenomenon where
» first people on the HM list will all be familiar screen names or something.
» This is a big world and there are a lot of people who want HM. When it
» comes, you’ll know about it.

I agree with you one hundred and fifty percent. Thats exactly what is up. I dont check the board all that often anymore-----------------just phase test results when they come. When they are ready to go to market, it will be in the news. The first successes and failures will be well-publicized.

» You guys are taking my comments too literally.
»
» My “Bruce Willis & Prince William” assertion was just trying to convey
» that when HM comes out we’ll know about it and there will be widespread
» demand. I’m sure there will be people on the planet who get HM before the
» rich/powerful but that’s beside the point. OVERALL, a higher initial price
» will probably come into play, and OVERALL the rich/powerful will probably
» be AMONG the very first ones to get at it.
»
»
» I suppose if you want to drop everything, move to England for months,
» bring tens of thousands of dollars, camp out at the door of ICX, and be
» willing to get HM when it’s barely even fully tested . . . Okay, well then
» I suppose you have a pretty good chance at being one of the early ones.
» Maybe.
»
» But most of us do not want to do this. Most of us are asking about
» ICX-TRC because we just want to know when it’s normal enough to be
» considered a realistic option like a HT, and there’s at least A FEW cases
» on record of major cosmetically-significant regrowths already. Most of us
» are willing to overpay to get it very early, but we’re not willing to put
» our lives on hold and be a total lab-rat for it.
»
»
» My point is that HM is not gonna be some sort of internet phenomenon where
» first people on the HM list will all be familiar screen names or something.
» This is a big world and there are a lot of people who want HM. When it
» comes, you’ll know about it.

i think you’ve missed my point completely and are just talking to hear yourself talk. nobody, not one person in this thread, said anything about wanting to be the first one in line for HM. you’re preaching to the choir - “when it comes, you’ll know about it” - no shit sherlock.

» » You guys are taking my comments too literally.
» »
» » My “Bruce Willis & Prince William” assertion was just trying to convey
» » that when HM comes out we’ll know about it and there will be widespread
» » demand. I’m sure there will be people on the planet who get HM before
» the
» » rich/powerful but that’s beside the point. OVERALL, a higher initial
» price
» » will probably come into play, and OVERALL the rich/powerful will
» probably
» » be AMONG the very first ones to get at it.
» »
» »
» » I suppose if you want to drop everything, move to England for months,
» » bring tens of thousands of dollars, camp out at the door of ICX, and be
» » willing to get HM when it’s barely even fully tested . . . Okay, well
» then
» » I suppose you have a pretty good chance at being one of the early ones.
»
» » Maybe.
» »
» » But most of us do not want to do this. Most of us are asking about
» » ICX-TRC because we just want to know when it’s normal enough to be
» » considered a realistic option like a HT, and there’s at least A FEW
» cases
» » on record of major cosmetically-significant regrowths already. Most of
» us
» » are willing to overpay to get it very early, but we’re not willing to
» put
» » our lives on hold and be a total lab-rat for it.
» »
» »
» » My point is that HM is not gonna be some sort of internet phenomenon
» where
» » first people on the HM list will all be familiar screen names or
» something.
» » This is a big world and there are a lot of people who want HM. When
» it
» » comes, you’ll know about it.
»
» i think you’ve missed my point completely and are just talking to hear
» yourself talk. nobody, not one person in this thread, said anything about
» wanting to be the first one in line for HM. you’re preaching to the choir
» - “when it comes, you’ll know about it” - no shit sherlock.

When they announce trial 3 or they announce that they are starting do do HM - I’ll get on phone straight away,as long as they can show proof first.With a bit of luck the Farjo Clinic will do it first.I only live 30 minutes away.Hopefully it’ll be in all of our price range.

ROLL ON HM

You do not even know the results of the trials…so why would you be already getting ready to buy the stuff

» You do not even know the results of the trials…so why would
» you be already getting ready to buy the stuff

HanginInThere - Get a life!

I do not have major problems with my hairloss anymore,but I can hope,dream and so can anyone else on here if they want without you putting your piece in.

I shave my hair down with balding clippers - the problems gone then,but I would like hair,as I do not like the hard look I have without hair.

So f… off and let us hope - you never know!

We might be hairy one day.I think HM will happen,so do most hair transplant doctors.When is the big question,hopefully soon.

JimmyKnuckles,

I just started talking because of the title of the thread.

» » You do not even know the results of the trials…so why
» would
» » you be already getting ready to buy the stuff
»
» HanginInThere - Get a life!
»
» I do not have major problems with my hairloss anymore,but I can hope,dream
» and so can anyone else on here if they want without you putting your piece
» in.
»
» I shave my hair down with balding clippers - the problems gone then,but I
» would like hair,as I do not like the hard look I have without hair.
»
» So f… off and let us hope - you never know!
»
» We might be hairy one day.I think HM will happen,so do most hair
» transplant doctors.When is the big question,hopefully soon.

nothing wrong with hope, it is what we all live on, but if they are still TESTING something, it is totally unrealistic to “hope” that it will be available next year. working within a realistic framework of possibilities, might be a bit more easy to understand.

If I said rent is due next week and I am “hoping” that I will win the lottery, my friends would tell me to get real, wake up and smell the coffee, the probability of me winning is miniscule

so having hope has to be tempered with reality, If they are not even done testing they are NOT going to have it out next year

wake up and smell the coffee

The full data set on all subjects at 24 weeks will be available
» in the middle of 2008. This detailed analysis will form the basis of
» further Phase II or Phase III trials as appropriate.

Now, ICX says that some of the post-24-week data will be available by the end of March 2008. I’m happy to see that ICX is progressing without any long delays.