Simply, no cure for next 5 years?

Let’s put this in simple words.

ADR : Got lost

ICT : Failure

Follica : Didn’t even start human trials yet

I can’t believe that I will no longer hear even “with in 5 years”…

Follica’s path to legal sales is not the same decade-long path that is usually at work here. Every drug being used for it is already FDA-approved.

This has already been discussed a million times lately.

cure in 5 years sounds too good to be true.
Maybe in 20 years we will have something good.

» Follica’s path to legal sales is not the same decade-long path that is
» usually at work here. Every drug being used for it is already
» FDA-approved.
»
» This has already been discussed a million times lately.

yeah true, but they didn’t start human trials yet and we may still wait about a year before they start. So we could wait 3-4 years BEFORE only to know something about how many % they have to hit market. This means they are really far away… even if it works(AhAHahAH …it works… AHahAHah!!).

Where does that extra 3-4 years number come from?

If they test it to be legit & effective in a year then we may actually be able to get it ourselves in a year. (Especially just doing it off-label or something before the “official” release.)

Don’t lose sight of the fact that they want to make money off us just as quickly as we want our hair back. Nobody is gonna stand around waiting to get this approved for a day longer than they absolutely have to. It could potentially happen fast.

» Where does that extra 3-4 years number come from?
»
» If they test it to be legit & effective in a year then we may actually be
» able to get it ourselves in a year. (Especially just doing it off-label or
» something before the “official” release.)
»
»
» Don’t lose sight of the fact that they want to make money off us just as
» quickly as we want our hair back. Nobody is gonna stand around waiting to
» get this approved for a day longer than they absolutely have to. It could
» potentially happen fast.

I just couldn’t wait more than five years. I would go ahead and get a transplant by that time and if I waste money doing it then so be it.

» Follica’s path to legal sales is not the same decade-long path that is
» usually at work here. Every drug being used for it is already
» FDA-approved.
»
» This has already been discussed a million times lately.

Ummmm… doesn’t matter. The drugs may all be approved, but the wounding-the-skin part is NOT approved, and it is a medical procedure, and will have to be approved just like any other invasive medical procedure.

especially the fact that it’s a medical procedure making new use of drugs. even though the drugs are already approved, the new use combined with the invasive med procedure will mandate clinical trials.

don’t get ur hopes up about this follica sh-t…

baldbaby. givin’ it large since the 08

Dermabrasion doesn’t need any special approval.

Chemical peels, mechanical dermabrasion, CO2 lasers . . . it’s all basically just different methods of achieving the same resulting skin wound. These procedures have been legal & legit for decades.

» » Follica’s path to legal sales is not the same decade-long path that is
» » usually at work here. Every drug being used for it is already
» » FDA-approved.
» »
» » This has already been discussed a million times lately.
»
»
» Ummmm… doesn’t matter. The drugs may all be approved, but the
» wounding-the-skin part is NOT approved, and it is a medical procedure, and
» will have to be approved just like any other invasive medical procedure. DERMABRASION IS PERFORMED EVERY SINGLE DAY IN THIS NATION YOU IDIOT!!!OF COURSE ITS ‘APPROVED’, ITS NOT EVEN A REGULATED PROCEDURE NOR IS IT EVEN CONSIDERED A SURGERY

» » especially the fact that it’s a medical procedure making new use of drugs.
» even though the drugs are already approved, the new use combined with the
» invasive med procedure will mandate clinical trials. NO IT WILL NOT. WHAT A DUMBA$$!!! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. \

IT MAY NOT WORK IN BALD SCALP. THAT IS WHAT SOME SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT. QUITE FRANKLY, SINCE SOMEONE (cough cough) WAS PREDICTING THAT HM WOULD BE HERE IN 2008 IN ENGLAND AND WAS SHOWN TO BE WAY WRONG, YOU’D THINK HE’D TUCK HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS ON A FEW OTHER ISSUES BUT I GUESS NOT. I SUPPOSE HE WILL JUST CHANGE HIS SCREENAME.
»
» don’t get ur hopes up about this follica sh-t…
»
» ___
»
» baldbaby. givin’ it large since the 08
OH, YOUV’E BEEN RUNNING YOUR MOUTH LONGER THAN THAT AND WE BOTH KNOW IT.
IT EITHER FOLLICA IN THE SHORT TERM OR NOTHING. THERE WILL BE NO CELLULAR INJECTION HM UNTIL AT LEAST 2012 AT THE EARLIEST AND WE BOTH KNOW IT. IF FOLLICA’S TRIALS FAIL. THIS BOARD PRETTY MUCH BECOMES A MOOT POINT FOR SEVERAL YEARS. YOU OUGHT TO BE PULLING FOR THEM< BUT SINCE YOU PROBABLY ARE VESTED IN ANOTHER PROCEDURE, YOU ARE UPSET BY THEIR PROSPECTS.

» Where does that extra 3-4 years number come from?

you’re right when u said they wants money as we wants hair back, but they need time to complete trials and see if there are any chance to have an acceptable product on market. My 3-4 years came from: [1] possible year of waiting only for start trials, then [2] years to refine the procedure (even if it works) and test some times on many different people and cases, this would (in the best way I can imagine) means that we have to wait 3 years by now, AT LEAST. Add a year (and I am optimistic) because nothing will go so good as we can imagine…

Or you think they will need 4-5 months to complete all trials?

Why wait,why not look into hair transplant options.Then hopefully start leading a better life.

I for one was really taken in by Intercytex ICX-TRC.I no longer want to hope,dream,wait for something.I will either stay like I am,or take the hair transplant options.

I’ll only go down HT option,if I start to feel that its a good option,at present I’m researching - who knows.

I have a early part of the year,each year,which I could use for this purpose.In other words no work if I do not want to.That would give me a chance to have work done,perhaps.Early next year would be next window.So in the meantime,I’d be able to see if there’s any other options happening.

I still look at the HM forum,but I do not hold to much hope,really,but who knows!

» Why wait,why not look into hair transplant options.Then hopefully start
» leading a better life.
»
» I for one was really taken in by Intercytex ICX-TRC.I no longer want to
» hope,dream,wait for something.I will either stay like I am,or take the hair
» transplant options.
»
» I’ll only go down HT option,if I start to feel that its a good option,at
» present I’m researching - who knows.
»
» I have a early part of the year,each year,which I could use for this
» purpose.In other words no work if I do not want to.That would give me a
» chance to have work done,perhaps.Early next year would be next window.So in
» the meantime,I’d be able to see if there’s any other options happening.
»
» I still look at the HM forum,but I do not hold to much hope,really,but who
» knows!

what HT doc impresses u

Dr A impresses me

Just to say it again -

If Follica fails, let’s not all throw in the towel without first trying Acell on some wounded/abraded scalp skin.

» » Where does that extra 3-4 years number come from?
»
» you’re right when u said they wants money as we wants hair back, but they
» need time to complete trials and see if there are any chance to have an
» acceptable product on market. My 3-4 years came from: [1] possible year of
» waiting only for start trials, then [2] years to refine the procedure (even
» if it works) and test some times on many different people and cases, this
» would (in the best way I can imagine) means that we have to wait 3 years by
» now, AT LEAST. Add a year (and I am optimistic) because nothing will go so
» good as we can imagine…
»
» Or you think they will need 4-5 months to complete all trials?

I know what your saying is looking like the most likely because things never go as easy as we’d like, but didn’t Follica’s spokes people say that they anticipate trials to last only a year to a year and a half and they are starting soon??

Lets say they start trials in July for an example, so thats 2 months wait for trial.

1.5 years for trial to complete (they wont need a huge amount of time for refinement because they can try multiple methods at the same time, they have worked out the method that they think will yield best results, even if that fails, they can either test other methods at the same time or at least a few months later because it wouldn’t take more than a few months to see if the new follicles are forming and growing hairs.)

Add a year to 1.5 years to gather finding, report results, have it looked over by regulatory bodies (I know the drugs used are FDA approved, and dermabrasion needs none, but they did say they would need some sort of approval just not as many loop holes to jump through. so could be a streight forward approval process),
Also training people to actually do the procedure on the general public .

So thats about 3 years and 2 months.

I believe this is the most optimistic time line, if everything goes 100% but as we all know very little in life works out as we’d hope.

» Just to say it again -
»
» If Follica fails, let’s not all throw in the towel without first trying
» Acell on some wounded/abraded scalp skin.

I struggle to be optimistic about Acell to fight MPB, on a dermabrated scalp I envision it growing back healthy skin but not follicles.

I don’t know why, thats just the picture I have in my head. I could be totally wrong of course.

Does anybody have any idea if Acells pig bladder powder would have any effect on regenerating organs?

When it is released for use on humans, I would love it if a company would test it to fight MPB just to prove me wrong. :slight_smile:

If the Follica method is published to be working and not having any safety risks, then I’m probably gonna do it myself whether it’s official or not.

They can take another 20 years to approve everything if they want, but all the drugs are already out there. Any dumbass can get some skin dermabraded & use some meds in a certain order.

As for Acell,

If it can regerate a hacked fingertip so completely that the goddam FINGERPRINT is a perfect recreation, then I think it’ll probably be able to regrow hairs in some way or another.

And with only dermabraded skin, we might not even be asking for Acell to be able to pull off any full-blown follicle recreation at all. It might just be a matter of taking off enough of the top of the existing follicles to initiate a healing response on them. (Remember, the original instructions in our DNA itself aren’t programmed to actually shut down our hair follicles. The DNA of our bodies is only programmed to create an unhealthy environment that eventally leads to their shutdown them over time.)