Significant long-term hair growth in scalp previously devoid of terminal hair

The compositions of the present invention have been observed to induce significant long-term hair growth in areas of scalp which were previously devoid, or nearly devoid, of terminal hairs. Such effect has been observed after treatment of the
scalp for periods of less than 60 minutes, and with such treatments occurring once every 3 to 12 months. These beneficial results have been achieved without any significant adverse health effects.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7078024/description.html

they use some mixture that contains papain. Papain dissolves collagen.

Be aware though that FDA recently ordered all companies to stop marketing topical papain. Supposedly there were some risks to eye health.

Interesting patent…we need to get in touch with the inventor, so we get trial data of some sort.

This also reminds me the gefinitib patient:

In its preferred embodiment, the present invention relies on the unexpected and beneficial reaction between four salts, an enzyme and sunlight to eliminate the obstacles that block hair growth in the human scalp. It is believed that
ultraviolet-B (“UV-B”) radiation present in sunlight augments and stimulates the growth of epithelial cells and sebaceous glands which surround human hair follicles resulting in stimulation of the dermal papilla and, consequently, in hair growth.

This patent also talks about something benji mentioned in another thread:

It is commonly believed that alopecia is caused by a pathological dystrophy of hair follicles which eventually results in their eventual death and replacement by connective fatty tissue. What is required to reverse this pathology are chemical compounds that eliminate excess fatty deposits found in the follicle and surrounding areas of the epidermis.

The four salts employed in the invention are:

Monoethanolamine thioglycolate,
Monoethanolamine salicylate,
Monoethanolamine lactate, and
Monoethanolamine glycolate.

It’s a really interesting patent, does anyone know of a way to contact the patent owner?

Another patent by the samer author:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7125544.html

This patent was actually filed after the orignial patent (original in 2003 and this in 2005) and published in 2006. What I really find interesting about this patent is that it actually talks about a Kit that already has the products in it. Maybe the guy is planning on marketing this stuff?

The end section of the patent also talks about it being used on humans and animals, I’m really interested in knowing how his trials worked out. Again, is there a way to find the contact info of the author?

» This patent also talks about something benji mentioned in another thread:
»
» It is commonly believed that alopecia is caused by a pathological
» dystrophy of hair follicles which eventually results in their eventual
» death and replacement by connective fatty tissue.
It reminds me of the Cotsarelis article you posted goata007 , However those are not exactly the same terms Cotsarelis uses to describe what happens to the whole cell of hair ‘ESU’. “Fibrous tract” it is how he named it in that Fig 3.

What is required to
» reverse this pathology are chemical compounds that eliminate excess fatty
» deposits found in the follicle and surrounding areas of the epidermis.

»
» The four salts employed in the invention are:
»
» Monoethanolamine thioglycolate,
» Monoethanolamine salicylate,
» Monoethanolamine lactate, and
» Monoethanolamine glycolate.
»
» It’s a really interesting patent, does anyone know of a way to contact the
» patent owner?

Reminds me when I followed the Waseda regimer 5 yrs ago, in particular the ZO ( Zinc oxide )…I saw new little black hairs everywhere after 3 days

I think it must have destroyed the collagen or whatever build up…
I never could turn those hair thicker

» Reminds me when I followed the Waseda regimer 5 yrs ago, in particular the
» ZO ( Zinc oxide )…I saw new little black hairs everywhere after 3 days
»
» I think it must have destroyed the collagen or whatever build up…
» I never could turn those hair thicker

What exactly is the Waseda regime? I googled and found this link (http://www.hairsite2.com/waseda/successstories.htm)

Apparently, a lot of people are growing hair back with it :expressionless: ???

superfred, how is that similar to the patent described above? That one doesn’t have any zinc oxide. Also, were you on propecia, minoxidil etc at the time you were trying waseda regime?

Isn’t this that “Procede” hair loss treatment that was heavily advertised on TV in the past couple of years? It seems to me that theirs was a two-step process using papain where you apply it once every 60 days or something like that.

» Isn’t this that “Procede” hair loss treatment that was heavily advertised
» on TV in the past couple of years? It seems to me that theirs was a
» two-step process using papain where you apply it once every 60 days or
» something like that.

Procede was just a hair thickening product, in that it only made hair look thicker. This patent claims to regrow lost hair and enlarge minitaurized follicles.

» » Isn’t this that “Procede” hair loss treatment that was heavily
» advertised
» » on TV in the past couple of years? It seems to me that theirs was a
» » two-step process using papain where you apply it once every 60 days or
» » something like that.
»
» Procede was just a hair thickening product, in that it only made hair look
» thicker. This patent claims to regrow lost hair and enlarge minitaurized
» follicles.

“the compositions of the present invention also have cosmetic effects. Particularly, the compositions of the present invention give hair a
thicker, healthier appearance and appear to induce regeneration of the scalp tissue”

To many similarities to be coincidental. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck…

I cannot find much info on Procede - I think that it has been discontinued. I could swear that Procede and the patent are one in the same. Procede is/was a Florida company and the patent that was posted was granted to a guy in Miami.

» This patent also talks about something benji mentioned in another thread:
»
» It is commonly believed that alopecia is caused by a pathological
» dystrophy of hair follicles which eventually results in their eventual
» death and replacement by connective fatty tissue. What is required to
» reverse this pathology are chemical compounds that eliminate excess fatty
» deposits found in the follicle and surrounding areas of the epidermis.

»
» The four salts employed in the invention are:
»
» Monoethanolamine thioglycolate,
» Monoethanolamine salicylate,
» Monoethanolamine lactate, and
» Monoethanolamine glycolate.

»
» It’s a really interesting patent, does anyone know of a way to contact the
» patent owner?

• papain (dissolves collagen) + sunlight, thats what it says isnt it?

» » It’s a really interesting patent, does anyone know of a way to contact
» the
» » patent owner?
»
» + papain (dissolves collagen) + sunlight, thats what it says isnt it?

Yes, I just copy/pasted in a rush so might have missed it. honestly, I haven’t read the details about the ingredients yet. Can anyone confirm if this is Procede?

»
» I think it must have destroyed the collagen or whatever build up…
» I never could turn those hair thicker

little black hairs in 3 days? That’s quite impressive…can you post a link to the regime? I have searched a lot but can’t find any link to the regime. All I’ve been able to find is that Waseda was some guy who himself was balding so he researched and posted his regime. Does anyone know the reasonsing behind zinc oxide, and how come it works so fast in creating colored vellus hair?

why did it take so long ?

» Apparently, a lot of people are growing hair back with it :expressionless: ???

the waseda times were long long ago.
Unlike the typical hair loss forum guru, he was not a completely as*hole, but quite the opposite, he was really polite and an educated person. I’d like to ask hairsite ( David ) if he has ever known anything from him since he left the forum, just to know if the guy is ok.

Ok, grampa cueball will chime in here. I’m not really that old but I feel like I am relative to how long I’ve been coming to this website. For all you newbies here, most guys think the cure is just around the corner for 4 or 5 years until reality sets in.

Anyway, I believe Waseda’s formula was called Zix. You can just google Zix hair formula or Zix hair recipe. I found this link to Super Zix which is based on the original formula: http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_super_zix_2.htm

» » Apparently, a lot of people are growing hair back with it :expressionless: ???
»
» the waseda times were long long ago.
» Unlike the typical hair loss forum guru, he was not a completely as*hole,
» but quite the opposite, he was really polite and an educated person. I’d
» like to ask hairsite ( David ) if he has ever known anything from him since
» he left the forum, just to know if the guy is ok.

it wasnt zix and waseda are different

» Ok, grampa cueball will chime in here. I’m not really that old but I feel
» like I am relative to how long I’ve been coming to this website. For all
» you newbies here, most guys think the cure is just around the corner for 4
» or 5 years until reality sets in.
»
» Anyway, I believe Waseda’s formula was called Zix. You can just google
» Zix hair formula or Zix hair recipe. I found this link to Super Zix which
» is based on the original formula:
» http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_super_zix_2.htm
»
» » » Apparently, a lot of people are growing hair back with it :expressionless: ???
» »
» » the waseda times were long long ago.
» » Unlike the typical hair loss forum guru, he was not a completely
» as*hole,
» » but quite the opposite, he was really polite and an educated person.
» I’d
» » like to ask hairsite ( David ) if he has ever known anything from him
» since
» » he left the forum, just to know if the guy is ok.

» it wasnt zix and waseda are different

okay…so we are back to square one. Who is that waseda guy, and what exactly is the regime? hairsite can you please provide some info??