Should I stop taking Propecia?

I’ve been taking it for about 9 months now. I see no improvement in my hair loss. Actually, it almost seems like it’s gotten worse. I don’t feel like I’m seeing any benefit whatsoever from taking it, but I’m worried now that maybe it is doing SOMETHING, and once i stop taking it, even more hair will fall out. Kind of a double edged sword, but I really would rather not take this stuff if it isn’t doing anything?

Opinions, please…

is that the only thing you are taking? what is the rest of your regime?

» I’ve been taking it for about 9 months now. I see no improvement in my
» hair loss. Actually, it almost seems like it’s gotten worse. I don’t feel
» like I’m seeing any benefit whatsoever from taking it, but I’m worried now
» that maybe it is doing SOMETHING, and once i stop taking it, even more hair
» will fall out. Kind of a double edged sword, but I really would rather not
» take this stuff if it isn’t doing anything?
»
» Opinions, please…

You should give it a try for a full year, it can actually take 2 full years t osee the full benefits from taking meds. 9 Months is too early to give up.

» is that the only thing you are taking? what is the rest of your regime?

I’m taking saw palmetto and lisene with it.

Does anybody believe in the “smoking causes hair loss” theory?

» » is that the only thing you are taking? what is the rest of your regime?
»
» I’m taking saw palmetto and lisene with it.
»
» Does anybody believe in the “smoking causes hair loss” theory?

i dont buy that theory, but i’m no expert and dont have time to scower the internet for a bunch of studies. all i know is i work around tons of people who smoke who are all types of ages and have a full head of hair.

how much lysene are you taking with it? make sure you’re taking the right kind and enough to make a difference. i just added that today after talking to a guy that worked at GNC.

unless you’re ready to throw in the towel, i think you should add some more relevant things to your regime other than just saw palmetto before you call it quits. i’ve tried all that crap without propecia and it got me nowhere.