Shock fallout

I’m sure this must have been discussed before so apologies for the repeat.

Follica DIY or even maybe Follica itself isn’t for everyone. Looking at Baccy’s heroic efforts and the amount of abuse he’s subjected his scalp to, that degree of wounding could cause shock fallout for those guys with just thinning hair.

Diffuse thinners and temple receders are not going to risk losing what they have left with what Baccy and others doing. They certainly aren’t going to depiliate vital strands in the hope of getting more.

It could only be suitable for total baldies but even if they get regeneration the hair could still be DHT-sensitive requiring daily minoxidil or other topical use to prevent miniaturization again. Otherwise there could be a unending cycle of wounding-regeneration-balding-wounding-regeneration-balding.

» I’m sure this must have been discussed before so apologies for the repeat.
»
» Follica DIY or even maybe Follica itself isn’t for everyone. Looking at
» Baccy’s heroic efforts and the amount of abuse he’s subjected his scalp to,
» that degree of wounding could cause shock fallout for those guys with just
» thinning hair.
»
» Diffuse thinners and temple receders are not going to risk losing what
» they have left with what Baccy and others doing. They certainly aren’t
» going to depiliate vital strands in the hope of getting more.
»
» It could only be suitable for total baldies but even if they get
» regeneration the hair could still be DHT-sensitive requiring daily
» minoxidil or other topical use to prevent miniaturization again. Otherwise
» there could be a unending cycle of
» wounding-regeneration-balding-wounding-regeneration-balding.

Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six.

» Diffuse thinners and temple receders are not going to risk losing what
» they have left with what Baccy and others doing. They certainly aren’t
» going to depiliate vital strands in the hope of getting more.

You are simply wrong in that categorical statement. I for one am thinking of trying it, and I’m just thinning, not bald. In general, thinners are likely to be more reluctant to try it at first, but if there is enough proof of its efficacy and a fairly consistent method is developed, you are going to see some people who are not yet completely bald try it, especially those who trim their hair really short, like me. If usually use a 3 mm trimmer all over.

The logic is simple: I’d rather be a baldy for a few weeks during the procedure than the rest of my forseeable life. I’m fortunate enough to look ok without much hair (and so are many others) so I’ll survive a few weeks of semi-baldness. Also, because I normally have really short hair, it won’t take long to get back to my usual look. Only with more hair, hopefully.

And it is possible that sufficient dermabrasion can be done without hair falling out. It is too early to tell. Certainly there are peeling products that don’t cause your hair to fall out, the question is wheater they are strong to provoke the right response in the skin.

And depilation isn’t absolutely necessary, as it seems, it just potentially makes the process more efficent.

Those who are thinning are most probably going to be bald later. So in the end, the can benefit from the method at any rate. And if you’r going to be bald, why not try to fix it ASAP. The problem is not going to go away by itself.

» It could only be suitable for total baldies

No.

» but even if they get
» regeneration the hair could still be DHT-sensitive requiring daily
» minoxidil or other topical use to prevent miniaturization again.

I could also not be DHT-sensitive. And even if it were, most bald/balding people will probably prefer having hair that requires minoxidil to not having any at all.

/p