Shiseido Talks RepliCel Technology - video

Anyone here speaks japanese? I watched couple of videos but i don’t understand anything. Is it posible to get short conclusion what they speak there? Is there something new we should know about?

Published on May 7, 2015

Shiseido Company Ltd. is featured in a network special on Science ZERO Japan, talking about the science behind RepliCel’s RCH-01 Hair Technology, and their own upcoming clinical trial in Japan.

Great videos, Spot – excellent finds. The second video in particular is worth watching at 00:57 for an animation of how a hair follicle is formed in the embryonic/fetal scalp, combining cells from both the epidermis and the dermis. It’s good to know that Replicel is taking this into consideration, and I think they’re made some changes in their technology (see below) which reflect this.

Replicel has posted some videos in English recently as well, but not as detailed as the Japanese ones you posted here.

Obviously, the above video is an interview on a Canadian investors’ program, specifically designed to promote investment opportunities.

Without considering whether their hair regrowth technology will work or not, I think Replicel is a well-run, well-thought-out company. Their strategy is to do everything they can to avoid getting swallowed and spit out by FDA bureaucracy, by doing everything they can outside the USA, in jurisdictions which are likely to review and approve their products quickly. Their awareness of Prime Minister Abe’s new cell-based policies in Japan particularly shows how savvy the Replicel leadership is.

The first iteration of their technology, with the Phase I trial done in the Republic of Georgia and Austria showed poor results, but it looks like the technology has evolved since then. Now, they’re using a combo of two types of cells from the follicle: the dermal sheath cup cells as well as keratinocyte cells from the shaft. I believe in the first trial, keratinocytes were not used, so now they could be getting better results. Let’s hope so.

Thanks for the links and I hope we can get someone who speaks Japanese to give us an idea of what they’re saying on that show.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Great videos, Spot – excellent finds. The second video in particular is worth watching at 00:57 for an animation of how a hair follicle is formed in the embryonic/fetal scalp, combining cells from both the epidermis and the dermis. It’s good to know that Replicel is taking this into consideration, and I think they’re made some changes in their technology (see below) which reflect this.

Replicel has posted some videos in English recently as well, but not as detailed as the Japanese ones you posted here.

Obviously, the above video is an interview on a Canadian investors’ program, specifically designed to promote investment opportunities.

Without considering whether their hair regrowth technology will work or not, I think Replicel is a well-run, well-thought-out company. Their strategy is to do everything they can to avoid getting swallowed and spit out by FDA bureaucracy, by doing everything they can outside the USA, in jurisdictions which are likely to review and approve their products quickly. Their awareness of Prime Minister Abe’s new cell-based policies in Japan particularly shows how savvy the Replicel leadership is.

The first iteration of their technology, with the Phase I trial done in the Republic of Georgia and Austria showed poor results, but it looks like the technology has evolved since then. Now, they’re using a combo of two types of cells from the follicle: the dermal sheath cup cells as well as keratinocyte cells from the shaft. I believe in the first trial, keratinocytes were not used, so now they could be getting better results. Let’s hope so.

Thanks for the links and I hope we can get someone who speaks Japanese to give us an idea of what they’re saying on that show.[/quote]

There’s still the key issue of lost hair inductivity.

You’re probably right, but we won’t really know what they’re doing unless someone can interpret those 2 long videos.