SHED - Please someone help!

» Don’t touch Avo. Really how bad is the shed? 200-300 hairs a day in the
» shower?

At its worst it was definitely around 300-350 daily, but it’s probably stabilised now at about 100-150 daily, which I still think is bad, and it is definitely noticeable that my hair is still thinning. There has certainly been no re-growth of any hair or thickening of existing hair. The difference between my hair thickness now and 6 months ago is massive, would you say this is normal? I’ve heard people say that it is natural to shed, and that the hair that is falling out is the hair that is going to fall out anyway???

What, do you reckon about quitting propecia immediately? What else would you suggest? Hairsite said to keep going for a few months, and if I wanted to add anything else to my treatment, to add minoxidil.

Also, would you mind sharing your opinions on Avo? I don’t know a great deal about it, but I’ve heard it is quite good, but I guess just like propecia it is a massive risk and works differently for each individual. I certainly know now that I’m not going to start anything without really looking into it!!

Whenever a treatment worked very well for me, the improvement settled on around 4 weeks after the beginning. But each time as well, I went thru an increased shed over those preliminary 4 weeks (around 250 hairs a day). This shed is a good sign for me but it only lasts a few weeks. I think this may water down Hanging’s assertion but not completely dismiss it. The problem is:
on this site, has anyone ever gone thru a 6 month shed and in the end recovered, plus gained hair from baseline?

That’s the question that should be asked. Just make a thread with it…

» Whenever a treatment worked very well for me, the improvement settled on
» around 4 weeks after the beginning. But each time as well, I went thru an
» increased shed over those preliminary 4 weeks (around 250 hairs a day).
» This shed is a good sign for me but it only lasts a few weeks. I think
» this may water down Hanging’s assertion but not completely dismiss it. The
» problem is:
» on this site, has anyone ever gone thru a 6 month shed and in the end
» recovered, plus gained hair from baseline?
»
» That’s the question that should be asked. Just make a thread with it…

Will do, thanks!

» on this site, has anyone ever gone thru a 6 month shed and in the end
» recovered, plus gained hair from baseline?
»
» That’s the question that should be asked. Just make a thread with it…

No, but that was based on the Dutasteride survey only. Marco is a good example. He had massive shed while on Dutasteride. If I recall, he stuck with it for over 6 months. Hair never grew back.

I also had massive shed while using Dutasteride. Couldn’t handle the shed. Had to quit.

If the Finasteride shed is moderate or small, I suggest give it at least 6 months to evaluate if it is working for you or not. It does take that long for meds to work.

But if you are talking about massive shed of 300-500 a day on a consistent basis for months, then it’s probably a good idea not to continue with the treatment. Just my opinions.

You may want to have a blood exam as well to see if anything is out of the normal range.

» » on this site, has anyone ever gone thru a 6 month shed and in the end
» » recovered, plus gained hair from baseline?
» »
» » That’s the question that should be asked. Just make a thread with it…
»
» No, but that was based on the Dutasteride survey only. Marco is a good
» example. He had massive shed while on Dutasteride. If I recall, he stuck
» with it for over 6 months. Hair never grew back.
»
» I also had massive shed while using Dutasteride. Couldn’t handle the shed.
» Had to quit.
»
» If the Finasteride shed is moderate or small, I suggest give it at least 6
» months to evaluate if it is working for you or not. It does take that long
» for meds to work.
»
» But if you are talking about massive shed of 300-500 a day on a consistent
» basis for months, then it’s probably a good idea not to continue with the
» treatment. Just my opinions.
»
» You may want to have a blood exam as well to see if anything is out of the
» normal range.

I’ve already been using it for 6 months and in all honesty, as my hair has become so thin now, I can’t really tell if anything is reversing and whether hairs are actually growing. It just seems to me to be worse everytime I do my hair each morning (but this may be my imagination). I know that when I wash my hair and wake up there are still lots of hairs falling out, not as much as 300 like it was during the first three months though.

What would it mean if the blood exam showed things weren’t in the normal range, could this be the reason for my increased hair loss and would it be possible that if I did stop using propecia that my hair might grow back?

Do you know of anyone who has stopped after a long period of use, and then hair has grown back? Or have you known anyone to continue after 6 months of unsuccessful use yet still have good results later on?

Also,

Thanks for your help

I never believe the theory that the hair will grow back stronger and thicker after a horrendous shed. I don’t know anyone who said his hair grew back stronger and thicker. That’s the reality.

It may be the case. Whenever a good treatment gotme into a nasty shed for 4 weeks, my hair regrew rapidly in a thickier and fuller way= more hair than before the shed.