Seventeen years

It just occurred to me that I have been coming to this forum off and on for SEVENTEEN YEARS and, from a practical standpoint, nothing has changed. There is always a promising bit of news that suggests the cure is just around the corner, but (having rounded many a corner in almost two decades) the cure never materializes. Not even effective stop-gap treatments. Honestly, the greatest advance for guys with thinning hair has been cultural: the acceptance of men shaving their heads.

Just something that occurred to me…

I’ve been coming here for 10 years now :frowning:

Not to one-up, but 18 years for me (May '97). And I agree 100% with your observations–feel like I’ve been lured by dangling carrot the whole while. When I started shaving 10 years ago, I thought it would be a temporary look since the hype always made a cure seem right around the corner. Still, I’m grateful for all that have posted and taught me about the science involved.

My advice: stay thin, shave it, and figure out how to make facial hair work if you can swing it. IMHO, it’s your best bet at a natural look you’ll be able to pull off once you’re beyond NW4.

Regards,

-ESP

Been lurking for three years, and as aggravating as it is to read, I’m actually pretty thankful you guys are here grounding us.

Maybe we shouldn’t even bother with sites like this.
What’s even the point in getting our hopes up? The cure will be developed or not, either way.

Same here brother. Started at Regrowth.com and came over in 1998. Looking back its pretty sad the amount of time I spent on these forums going through this crap with no results.

Yes it’s been on and off for about 8 years for me as well. Lifting weights and a short cut were the only ‘solutions’ that worked for me.

Join the club, since 1997 here. I hardly visit the forum anymore, just quit caring. Its Saturday night and Im bald !!!

I’m lurking here since 2007. To me seems Replicel is in the same position today like it was Intercytex and Aderans years ago - a lot of hype and now both companies are dead.

I just wanna hope that Replicel/Shiseido have more success and they don’t do Intercytex/Adderans so we get finally cured.

Yeah, the strange thing about it is that we all think that if we login to a forum, we’re going to find the answer. But in reality, if there was ever a cure for hairloss, it would be on the 6:00 news and all the talk shows for a year until everyone in the world knew about the discovery.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by spot[/postedby]
I’m lurking here since 2007. To me seems Replicel is in the same position today like it was Intercytex and Aderans years ago - a lot of hype and now both companies are dead.

I just wanna hope that Replicel/Shiseido have more success and they don’t do Intercytex/Adderans so we get finally cured.[/quote]

I think that Shisheido is the one to watch. I think they have a cure. But I also think that SM04554 may be a big breakthrough too.