Scientists reset stem cells to early embryo stage

Really, you’re talking about two treatments which are both unapproved. If a cell based treatment is found to work anywhere on the planet, then it’s on exactly the same level as ADSCs as far as accessibility.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Really, you’re talking about two treatments which are both unapproved. If a cell based treatment is found to work anywhere on the planet, then it’s on exactly the same level as ADSCs as far as accessibility.[/quote]

They are vastly different treatments in terms of availability.

• Firstly, a cell based treatment has to be discovered whereas AAPE is already discovered.

• Secondly, even if the new idea for creating stem cells leads to DP cells which can finally produce a revolutionary hair loss treatment it will be years after that discovery is made before a clinic would be willing to try it on people’s heads.

• Thirdly, ADSC injections are already available at a few clinics, but there is some concern that too many of the ADSCs might migrate out of the target location too quickly.

• But since a few clinics are already working with ADSC’s it probably wouldn’t take much to talk them into trying AAPE on patients since AAPE is just the growth factors and proteins from ADSCs and they’re already injecting ADSCS anyway.

In other words, a Jahoda type DP treatment is years and years from entering the marketplace whereas ADSCs are ALREADY in the marketplace, and AAPE injections could probably get into the marketplace within a few months if we pressed the ADSC clinics to try AAPE injections.

You say Dr. Jahoda is now mixing ADSCs in with his DP cells. So how can ADSCs plus DP cells be any worse than just ADSCs?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
What’s more certain is regular old hair transplants, if we are being realistic & honest with ourselves.

None of this other stuff seems near human trials IMO. Sucks but I think that’s where we are today.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Trials?! We don’t need no stinkin’ trials, man!! :wink: Trials are sooooo 1994. Get with it, this is the global age… if a workable procedure is discovered anywhere on the globe (except the US, Canada and Western Europe) tomorrow, the day after tomorrow there’ll be thousands of people lining up at the clinic door.[/quote]

Best post of the year, the only way we can have a chance is to cut FDA out of the picture.

Roger, Jahoda is doing this outside the body in a petri dish. There are still questions to be answered. Even if Jahoda were to miraculously discover all of those answers tonight it would still take years and years to get his discovery into practical commercial form and into the marketplace.

ADSCs are available in the commercial market right now. That’s the first big difference. Now vs years-from-now is a big difference.

But I worry that ADSCs may not stay in the desired location long enough to produce the desired result. We want those ADSCs to stay in the scalp long enough to infuse follicles with a sufficient amount of their excretions, but the ADSCs might migrate out of the scalp too quickly. But there is a solution to thsy problem - we could instead have the ADSC excretions themselves injected into the scalp. AAPE.

We know that injected AAPE stays in the target area long enough to achieve the desired results. We know this from at least one study. And some people say there is a 2nd study, although I have not been able to locate it. Anyway there is at least one study demonstrating this. So AAPE is the here-and-now solution if we can find a clinic that offers AAPE injections. And since there are clinics offering ADSCs I think they could be convinced to add AAPE to their menu of treatments since AAPE is the excretions from the ADSCs they’re already injecting.

I’m not totally disagreeing with your point but keep in mind that all patients can not get a full head of hair via hair transplantation. If 100% of patients could get a full head of hair via hair transplantation then you would have a valid point, but industry insiders inform me that about 30% of men are eligible candidates for the recovery of their hair via hair transplantation no matter what they say in their ads about most men being able to recover a full head of hair today.

And sometimes these donor hairs that are transplanted ultimately do some thinning as well so these guys look pretty funny down the road when their transplanted hairs get sparse.

And then there’s the issue that these transplanted hairs are not always implanted perfectly and even the best doctors have made mistakes.

I think you’re point has got some problems.

Even when Jahoda finally gets that all worked out, which will probably be a few years from now, it will be a very VERY complicated treatment so it will take awhile for other doctors to get it down pat.

AAPE is very simple injections.

All of the facts demonstrate that AAPE could probably be had in a matter of months whereas waiting for Jahoda = waiting years and years.

Maybe I’m missing something, jarjar, but did chris say anything about HTs?

I think Chris is responding affirmatively to a post by Cal, in which Cal is giving some support to HTs. After looking again it appears that Chris may be responding to you instead.

I should have just made my post to Cal instead of Chris in the first place, and I thought about doing so, but I didn’t want to backup and I (mistakenly) figured that since Chris was responding to Cal if I responded to Chris I would be responding to both Chris and Cal.

My error.

My HT comment was mostly just being flippant. I don’t think any of this new stuff is going to pan out any time soon.