Saw Palmetto how much do i use?

Hey i want to start using saw palmetto i just dnt know what dosage to use? also is there side effects?

» Hey i want to start using saw palmetto i just dnt know what dosage to use?
» also is there side effects?

320mg standardized per day

side effects are rare

» Hey i want to start using saw palmetto i just dnt know what dosage to use?
» also is there side effects?

I use the one from Vitamin Shoppe, I take two 160 mg pill daily. You should add Beta-Sis if you want something more potent.

» » Hey i want to start using saw palmetto i just dnt know what dosage to
» use?
» » also is there side effects?
»
» I use the one from Vitamin Shoppe, I take two 160 mg pill daily. You
» should add Beta-Sis if you want something more potent.

Whats beta-Sis?

» » » Hey i want to start using saw palmetto i just dnt know what dosage to
» » use?
» » » also is there side effects?
» »
» » I use the one from Vitamin Shoppe, I take two 160 mg pill daily. You
» » should add Beta-Sis if you want something more potent.
»
» Whats beta-Sis?

BETA-SITOSTEROL

Beta-Sitosterol is a plant-derived sterol found in Saw palmetto and Pygeum Africanum. Studies have shown that the use of beta-sitosterol has improved urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia [1]. In addition, beta-sitosterol inhibits the proliferation of cancer cells in vitro [2]. Recently, it has been discovered that Beta-Sitosterol is many times more potent than saw palmetto.

References (related to beta-sitosterol):

1. Berges RR, Windeler J, Trampisch HJ, Senge T. Randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind clinical trials of beta-sitosterol in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Beta-sitosterol Study Group. Lancet. 345: 1529-1532, 1995.

2. Awad AB, Chen YC, Fink CS, Hemmessey T. Beta-sitosterol inhibits HT-29 human colon cancer cell growth and alters membrane lipids. Anticancer Res 16:2797-2804, 1996.