Safe compound

Quote: Zohar

“What’s nice about it,” she adds, “is that even though this is based on breakthrough science, we are using existing compounds previously approved for systemic chronic use and reformulating them for topical acute use. We know these compounds are safe in people.”

I’m almost positive the magical “small molecule” drug is applied topically. Furthermore, when she said “safe”, I would assume things like immune suppressents aren’t taken (at least, not internally). This puzzle is kicking my ass. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that someone here breaks through but I won’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen. I’ve been down this road waaay too many times. I don’t think there anything wrong with hope.

Throwing us off… We need someone from the inside

Zohar also demurred when I asked about the reports in the reader comments on our story from January that the study only involves testing small patches of dermabrasion without administering any drugs to the wounds. In fact, she wouldn’t even confirm that the researchers were using dermabrasion to create the wounds in the first place. “At this point we are looking at the human response to disruption and the timing of the human ‘embryonic window’ post disruption,” she said. “Disruption,” she added, “is not necessarily the same as dermabrasion.”

I think you guys are overestimating how much the specifics of the wounding process really matters.

Either the method is to destroy the skin to a certain depth, or it isn’t. If it is, then chemical or mechanical is just different means to the same end. As long as you get the wound deep enough then the results should be almost exactly the same.

I really don’t think overly-deep wounds would stop the results either. It might potentially retard the results or something, but I don’t think it’ll make enough of a difference to cause us to miss the correct protocol if we tried it. (Heck, even a deep wound has lighter-wounded areas at the edges of it.)

And at least in my own case, I’m trying several different wound depths during each attempt.

I’m STILL waiting for my tannic acid. The company is so incompetent that they never seem to record my true address even after attempting delivery at the wrong address. It’s severely set me back with my schedule.

» I’m STILL waiting for my tannic acid. The company is so incompetent that
» they never seem to record my true address even after attempting delivery at
» the wrong address. It’s severely set me back with my schedule.

Isn’t tannic acid derived from african driftwood? I have a couple of huge aquariums in the house and I bought these driftwood for my tanks and they leaked tannin. It made the water brown and murky for a few days until my filter cleared it out. The tannin made the water acidic. Although what you talking about is probably more concentrated.

»
» Isn’t tannic acid derived from african driftwood? I have a couple of huge
» aquariums in the house and I bought these driftwood for my tanks and they
» leaked tannin. It made the water brown and murky for a few days until my
» filter cleared it out. The tannin made the water acidic. Although what
» you talking about is probably more concentrated.

Yes, that’s right. It’s a natural substance albeit toxic to the human liver when applied pure as it was on burn victims in the 1940’s. I plan on using a 1% concentration. This concentration is used topically for acne and is absolutely safe.