Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Roger_that, why can\'t they simply do what Jahoda already did?

I think the key to such a ‘partnership’ would be the ethical part. I’m sure most respected researchers wouldn’t want their name attached to some unethical field testing. However I’m also sure you can shape it in such a program that it might become something he’s interested in. He tested things om himself and his wife, he knew that there were risks in doing so but as long as you educate your patients on all possible risks and explain them everything, I’m also sure that there are patients willing to participate in cutting edge field experiments. It happens all the time in biotech, it’s how trials in general work. I think developing a set of guideliness to that might be the key there. It would be a brilliant way to speed up a hairloss cure for society in general !

That sounds like it could slow down Dr. Nigam. I would gladly submit myself for experimentation with these hi-tech ideas (like 3d spheroids) if nobody else wants to do it. We need to get these new ideas tried instead of causing delays.

I think Dr. Nigam should just secure as much info as possible to solve the inductivity problem so he can add that info to the info he has about 3d spheroids and the other info he has. Then he can try all of the info together and hopefully more new hair is produced.

If Jahoda wants to be involved right away that’s fine but if he needs to draw up all kind of delaying ideas and paperwork then that’s a bad idea. That sort of thing can take year(s).

If Jahoda has some ideas to solve the inductivity problem so that we can have more time to culture our own cells without the cells losing their HF identity that would be much better than using someone else’s cells of course. It’s obviously better if we can use our own cells and the idea of using someone else’s cells is only a last resort. If we were going to do that we should have done it a decade ago but now we may be getting close to finding ways that we can protect the inductivity of our own cells for longer amounts of time after the cells are outside of our body so at this point it might be best to use that kind of technology instead of using someone’s else’s cells. The thing is whether or not Jahoda will release the info how we can protect the inductivity of our own cells.

Dr. Nigam can you ask Dr. Collin Jahoda these questions:

  1. How long the cells from his head were out of Dr. Jahoda’s body before he put the cells into his wife’s arm back in 1990.

  2. While the cells were out of his body back in 1990 did he do any culturing of the cells at all? If he did culture them how long did he culture them and how many passes?

  3. How long did those cells from his head grow hair on his wife’s arm? In other words how long until the new hair fell off her arm?

  4. Was the hair of the same quality as the hair on his head at the time? Did it have the thickness and grow long and color like the hair on his head? If it did have the thickness, length, and color pigmentation as the hair on his head how long did it maintain that thickness, length, and pigmentation?

This not really a question, but I would be intrested to now if Jahoda or you Dr Nigam have ever placed DP cells (in 2d or 3d) into a punch wound made with a small fue punch like 0.5mm or so. Rather than injecting under the skin, a full thickness wound may induce a better follicle as the dermis is in a state of regeneration and is actively rebuiding itself creating new tissue(Lots of natural stem cell and growth factors). Maybe the DP cells may be enough to push the newly forming skin in the direction of a new follicle?

I wonder what influence the mice had on this experiment? I mean won’t the human skin be flowing with mouse blood, hormones and proteins. Can you really call in human skin anymore? On the flip side maybe this experiment might work better in a 100% human site.

You might be right! But keep in mind that Christiano said that only 22% of the necessary genes were expressed in the culturing so if they could get the other 78% of genes to express that would surely help too. But yea, putting the cells into human beings instead of mice might be helpful.

Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Terms of Use & Privacy

This is an advertising site for paid advertisers to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations, refunds or complaint cases. Surgical hair restoration procedures carry risks. Please do thorough research, consult your own physician and investigate a doctor's background carefully before making a decision. By proceeding to use our site, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy at http://hairsite.com/terms-of-use/ where you can also find a list of HairSite's sponsoring physicians.