Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Rogain foam is the best,

I will say it again, Rogain foam is the best, the longer I use it the moreI like it, no itch whatsoever, the only prob is the smell, I am looking for the unscented formula after my bottle runs out. There is finally something that works for me.

» I will say it again, Rogain foam is the best, the longer I use it the moreI
» like it, no itch whatsoever, the only prob is the smell, I am looking for
» the unscented formula after my bottle runs out. There is finally something
» that works for me.

Hey, how is lysine working for you? I swear that supplement is definitely doing something good for my hair when taken with Propecia, I am curious if you have the same experience.

btw, yes, thumb up from me for the foam. Where do people buy the unscent foam from? Any idea?

I was wondering what I was going to do about my dry scalp, the foam might be the answer, think I will buy some today.

» I was wondering what I was going to do about my dry scalp, the foam might
» be the answer, think I will buy some today.

Agreed, foam gives me the best regrow. My temples are filling up. Thumbs up! Not the miracle cure but gain enough regrow to be visible!

Foam produces good results and is also well tolerated.

A multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of a novel formulation of 5% minoxidil topical foam versus placebo in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men

J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007 Nov;57(5):767-74

BACKGROUND:
An alternative to currently marketed topical minoxidil solutions is desirable.

OBJECTIVE:
To assess the efficacy and safety of a new 5% minoxidil topical formulation in a propylene glycol-free foam vehicle in men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA).

METHODS: This was a 16-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 5% minoxidil topical foam (MTF) in 352 men, 18 to 49 years old. At week 16, 143 subjects continued on an open-label phase to collect 52 weeks of safety information on 5% MTF.

RESULTS: At week 16 compared with baseline, there was a statistically significant increase in (1) hair counts in the 5% MTF group versus placebo (P < .0001) and (2) subjective assessment of improved hair loss condition (P < .0001) in the 5% MTF group versus placebo. The 5% MTF was well tolerated over a 52-week period.

LIMITATIONS: There was no collection of efficacy data beyond 16 weeks. CONCLUSIONS: We believe that 5% MTF is a safe and effective treatment for men with AGA.