Rhetoric vs. Reality: The Many Failures of ICX-TRC

Hey all,

What makes ICX-TRC a failure, in my view, is that it has not lived up to Intercytex’s rhetoric. Using the internet archive “wayback” machine you can see old pages of ICX-TRC. Here’s a brief tour:

Nov 23, 2005:
“The first part of a Phase I clinical trial (safety) has been completed in seven volunteers at a single UK transplant centre. No safety issues have arisen and five out of the seven patients have shown increased hair numbers. The second part of this Phase I safety study is actively recruiting volunteers, this will be followed by a multi-centre Phase II clinical efficacy trial on patients with male pattern baldness. The Phase II trial is planned for the first half of 2006 and will be performed in both the UK and North America. A Phase III trial for both male pattern baldness and female diffuse alopecia will be conducted in 2007.

Failures: No multi-center (just uni-center) phase II in first half of 2006; no phase II trials in North America; no Phase III in 2007; definitely no phase III for female diffuse alopecia.

Nov 18, 2006:
“Recruitment for Phase II clinical efficacy trial on patients with male pattern baldness has commenced in the UK with an initial cohort of up to 20 subjects which will be followed by variations in delivery technique in further similar sized cohorts. The trial is designed to demonstrate efficacy of ICX-TRC, the dosage regime and the delivery device. Preliminary data from this trial are expected during the first half of 2007.

Failures: nowhere near 20 people in each cohort (though the text above does say “up to 20” if you want to be a hairsplitter); data not available until second half of 2007, not first half.

So let’s stop pretending this is good news. It ain’t. It’s laughably bad!

Best,
BB

excellent idea, to use the wayback machine to see things in perspective.

also, I remember that they planned to conduct a phase Ib, rising the dosage over Ia, but this was never talked about anymore.

Also, in the last Paul Kemp interview, Dr Kemp said that they were planning to conduct Phase II in two separate areas for each patient: the first one a large thinning area, and the second one on a small, totally bald, area. But sadly, nothing of this has been mentioned in the published results.

quote hairsite interview with Paul Kemp–Sept 2006:
http://www.hairsite.com/intercytex-hair-multiplication.htm

In phase II, there will be TWO test sites on each volunteer’s scalp. The first test site is on a completely bald area measuring about 1 sq cm. This site will be subject to100 injections of the cultured suspension. Unlike the first test site that resides on a completely bald area, the second test site is on a much larger area containing thinning hair. The second site will be subject to 900 injections. In other words, each volunteer will receive 1,000 injections divided between two test sites on his scalp. Both test sites will be administered and monitored simultaneously.

Evaluation of the 900-injections test site will be done primarily through photographic assessment of the before and after changes. A more detailed graft-by-graft hair count assessment will be performed on the smaller 100-injections test site.
<<<

» Hey all,
»
» What makes ICX-TRC a failure, in my view, is that it has not lived up to
» Intercytex’s rhetoric. Using the internet archive “wayback” machine you
» can see old pages of ICX-TRC. Here’s a brief tour:
»
» Nov 23, 2005:
» “The first part of a Phase I clinical trial (safety) has been completed in
» seven volunteers at a single UK transplant centre. No safety issues have
» arisen and five out of the seven patients have shown increased hair
» numbers. The second part of this Phase I safety study is actively
» recruiting volunteers, this will be followed by a multi-centre Phase II
» clinical efficacy trial
on patients with male pattern baldness. The
» Phase II trial is planned for the first half of 2006 and will be performed
» in both the UK and North America. A Phase III trial for both male
» pattern baldness and female diffuse alopecia will be conducted in

»
» Failures: No multi-center (just uni-center) phase II in first half of
» 2006; no phase II trials in North America; no Phase III in 2007;
» definitely no phase III for female diffuse alopecia.
»
» Nov 18, 2006:
» “Recruitment for Phase II clinical efficacy trial on patients with male
» pattern baldness has commenced in the UK with an initial cohort of up
» to 20 subjects which will be followed by variations in delivery technique
» in further similar sized cohorts.
The trial is designed to demonstrate
» efficacy of ICX-TRC, the dosage regime and the delivery device.
» Preliminary data from this trial are expected during the first half of

»
» Failures: nowhere near 20 people in each cohort (though the text above
» does say “up to 20” if you want to be a hairsplitter); data not available
» until second half of 2007, not first half.
»
» So let’s stop pretending this is good news. It ain’t. It’s laughably bad!
»
» Best,
» BB

Hardly a failure. Intercytex has made more progress than all other researchers combined.

:smiley: :smiley: :rotfl:

What about all the guys who jumped my ass when I said ICX may be severely exaggerating their results

because they provide no pics no hair counts, they were following the EXACT protocol of a company who was doing something fishy

yet when I said that i got guys saying

HANGIN YOU KNOW NOTHING

HANGIN WHY WOULD ICX LIE

HANGIN YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS DELUSIONAL

who is crying now :rotfl:

by the way ,. rev, here is a tissue :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

HAIRBALL
:smiley: :smiley: :rotfl:

What about all the guys who jumped my ass when I said ICX may be severely
exaggerating their results

because they provide no pics no hair counts, they were following the EXACTprotocol of a company who was doing something fishy

yet when I said that i got guys saying

HANGIN YOU KNOW NOTHING
HANGIN WHY WOULD ICX LIE
HANGIN YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS DELUSIONAL

who is crying now :rotfl:

by the way ,. rev, here is a tissue :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When you take the negative side on ALL debates you’re bound to win a few… so … ummm… errr… congrats?

But look at the bright side buddy; now you have something in common with InterCytex. You’re both frauds that don’t provide any photographic proof…