Result from Dr Paul Cotterill and Dr Martin Unger-disaster

Happy for your results. I wanted to know how You managed to sue them and what is the outcome? Did You need any written confirmation from another doctor to start the process? I am also victim of bad hair transplant due to other untrained “doctors” and afraid repairing might cost even more than regular hair transplant.

Glad you had great results. Mine was a disaster. I have had a few guys call me over the years with similar outcomes from Martin Unger and Cotteril. Consider yourself lucky. Perhaps post your pics. Take a look at the video from Dr Umars above. His “ starting point “ was unger and cotteril’s finished product. Multiple reductions and multiple sessions with Coterill. I was meant to go very very bald. Ear to ear. So in this case these procedures not warranted. I am glad I saved a few guys even starting. One guy called me from nyc the night before surgery and he cancelled it and he didn’t care to loose the deposit. I thought I “saved him” from these guys. At least you had a good experience. I have a good trained eye and can see transplants all the time. At least the future looks promising. If my sons go bald - I will do everything in my power to prevent them from doing any of this and hopefully they just get a buzzed head. Nothing wrong with being bald. P

I’m happy you are satisfied with the work Dr. Umar did for you. I am over a year out from my procedure with Dr. Umar. I spent about 33k and have had no growth. I will be posting my own story soon.

Hi CueBallBob

I assume you have expressed your concerns to Dr Umar? I am 49 yrs old. To be honest- best not to get involved in any of this and just accept being bald. My mistake was starting any of this when I was 18 yrs old with Martin Unger and Cotterill. At that point-it was no longer a game of having my hair again- it was about trying to conceal my massive scars introduced by Unger and Cotterill. Anyway enough about me- hope goes well for you and best of luck. Speak to Dr Umar to get his professional opinion. IMO- if anyone does any of this -especially at an early age- they should anticipate the max before doing any of this. IMO- the max is 20-30K grafts, add beard hair etc and budget for 200K over the course of your lif-this assuming a good amount of hair is growing. If you are very young- you may also still be loosing tons of hair- like a I did -at a rapid rate. Anyhow- I am not trying to be a hair Dr expert-bec I a not-I am patient. I sincerely wish you and everyone that has any of these procedures best of luck. Accepting being bald and not doing any of this is perhaps the best option.

I don’t really look at any of this anymore- actually was the first time I responded to a message in yrs. I do plan to have another session at some point with Dr Umar in the future. I think ultimately the best option is if and when hair cloning comes out- it may not be in our generation but that would be a game changer. Did you have body hair used or just head hair? I remember there were strict pre-op instructions using minoxidil on body hair for a month or 2 or more to get this hair ready to move it. etc.