This used to be the link, but it’s dead now.
This is what it said.
Description - The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of microdermabrasion on hair growth. The study may last up to 2 months and subjects will receive $750 for completing all visits and procedures. It involves 2 skin biopsies. Eight study visits are required. To participate in this research study, the subject will have to stop all other anti-aging treatments except emollients approved by the study doctor.
III. SUBJECT SELECTION
- Caucasian males 20-50 years of age
- Has male pattern baldness.
- Current or recent use (within the past year) of isotretinoin (Accutane).
- Is currently taking hormone therapy, or steroids or other immunomodulators (examples are methotrexate, cyclosporine) or has taken these medications within the past thirty (30) days (inhaled steroids are acceptable).
- Currently using Rogaine or Propecia or used them in the past forty-five (45) days
- Is immune compromised or undergoing therapy to treat an immune disorder.
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring.
Additional inclusion and exclusion criteria will be discussed with you during the screening visit.
At the screening visit, we will have you read the informed consent and meet with the research staff. You will be given the opportunity to ask questions and time to consider whether or not you would like to participate in the study. If you decide to participate in the study, the study-screening visit will be performed.
Clinical Unit for Research Trials in Skin
Massachusetts General Hospital