Remember Alecbaldone?

I am still BALD !!! hahaha. Hello men, I am still applying Indomethacin and Chromoglycate and have stopped my hair loss for over a year now. No regrowth at all, I had some peach fuzz but it halted. One thing I have noticed is that now I am taking Testerone Cypionate 350 mgs a week and my scalp is much more oily. I assume the higher testerone is higher dht and therefore more sebum on my shiny scalp. Hope all is well with you guys and keep up the hope. Alec

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by alecbaldone[/postedby]
I am still BALD !!! hahaha. Hello men, I am still applying Indomethacin and Chromoglycate and have stopped my hair loss for over a year now. No regrowth at all, I had some peach fuzz but it halted. One thing I have noticed is that now I am taking Testerone Cypionate 350 mgs a week and my scalp is much more oily. I assume the higher testerone is higher dht and therefore more sebum on my shiny scalp. Hope all is well with you guys and keep up the hope. Alec[/quote]

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear that you have no regrowth to report.

Are you going to continue with Indomethacin and Chromoglycate ? If you have no growth after 1 year, it’s probably not going to grow anything even if you continue.

You mean you’re taking TESTOSTERONE?? As in testosterone cypionate?

That’s pretty crazy for a person who’s concerned with MPB.

WHY would you be taking Testosterone?

Of course your scalp has higher DHT and more sebum.

Do you realize that the testosterone you’re taking directly counteracts any positive effects on your hair that the indomethacin and other stuff you’re taking provide???

[quote]now I am taking Testerone Cypionate 350 mgs a week and my scalp is much more oily. I assume the higher testerone is higher dht and therefore more sebum on my shiny scalp. Hope all is well with you guys and keep up the hope. Alec

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

You mean you’re taking TESTOSTERONE?? As in testosterone cypionate?

That’s pretty crazy for a person who’s concerned with MPB.

WHY would you be taking Testosterone?

Of course your scalp has higher DHT and more sebum.

Do you realize that the testosterone you’re taking directly counteracts any positive effects on your hair that the indomethacin and other stuff you’re taking provide???[/quote]

Exactly, we want less testosterone, not more.

he’s still taking the indo/chromo because halting hairloss with a topical concoction is a victory in and of itself. a lot of guys on this site would be happy enough just with that. but yeah alec why the testosterone?

I can think of a reason why he might be taking Test:

Maybe he’s a middle aged guy who wants his hormone profile adjusted to fit his overall health and well-being, rather than compromised for the sake of slowing down hair loss a tiny bit.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
I can think of a reason why he might be taking Test:

Maybe he’s a middle aged guy who wants his hormone profile adjusted to fit his overall health and well-being, rather than compromised for the sake of slowing down hair loss a tiny bit.[/quote]

Sure, but if anyone in here has been obsessed, over the long-term, about stopping his hair loss and keeping every last vellus hair growing, it’s been him. Alex is the last guy you would think would risk increasing the rate of his hair loss.

Cal has the winning guess “Maybe he’s a middle aged guy who wants his hormone profile adjusted to fit his overall health and well-being, rather than compromised for the sake of slowing down hair loss a tiny bit”

Im getting in shape for summer pool outings, Im in decent shape just need a little boost. It hasn’t made my hair fall out. I plan to continue the Indo-Chromo topicals because frankly they are working for me. I have accepted that I cant get regrowth but hanging on to my last hairs is important. That is the thing about hair, some is better than none

It’s not my decision, but since you raised the whole thing about testosterone, isn’t that a bit like saying you’re on a strict diet to keep your body slim and fit, but you also eat 7 ice cream sundaes with hot fudge a week because it’s summer and they taste good?

Alec, how long have you been on the testosterone?

Yup, it’s July 21st 2014 and you are still bald and so am I :slight_smile:

Not that it’s indicative of a treatment coming, but, Follica has recently re-done their entire website and updated the news section with Cot’s presentation at world hairloss conference in Korea.

It’s the first activity i’ve seen from them in a long time. Perhaps this could be a glimmer of hope? I had written them off for dead when they let go of their upper management and what seemed to be a lot of their scientific staff. Maybe they’re preparing for another round of financing and/or maybe a new trial. Who knows…

Cal if he had been reporting for the past year that his regimen was “slowing down his hair loss a tiny bit” i’d see your point. he’s been reporting total cessation of hair loss. that’s not something i’d F with after years and years of searching for a solution - but hey, to each his own. in theory, because we know nothing about the appropriate doses and dosing schedule of topical indo for this purpose, it’s possible his current regimen while be able to handle - downstream via PGD2 - the increased testosterone, DHT, etc etc. Who knows right now. I think Roger’s point is… “damn dude, risky…” But we are a rather self-obsessed group here aren’t we? and if one problem is remedied then it’s on to the next. kind of a personality issue with any group that spends as much time worrying about this stuff as we spend. i love your incredulity tho. “of COURSE he’s using testosterone. i mean it’s all over the TV i watch”

alec i see why you’d want to hit up the T but i’d definitely quit that SHTTT quickly if you start seeing things go south. indo hasn’t made much of a name for itself as a regrowth agent so you might not be able to make up for losses. just be careful dude. it’s been inspiring having a long time hairsiter have some success

We are more looks-obsessed than average on here, yes.

But Test will help your body (not to mention your energy & mood) as much as it hurts your hair, if not more. There is more to looking good than just what’s above your eyebrows.

Im going to take the testerone for 3 months then stop for 3 months, maybe repeat if I lose my gains. It definitely works, I look great for an older guy.

Testosterone may help your hair if you are age 55 or older, part of hormone replacement therapy for the older generation, but if you are young then testosterone will affect your hair negatively. That’s my understanding from reading about hormone replacement therapy for older men.

no I hear you. and looking back at my post it was too harsh. this site gets harsh and I don’t want to contribute to that. I’m just saying that drug companies make a lot of money advertising drugs that appeal to our narcissism or our sense of “lacking” something. 5 years later we have commercials from law groups asking if we’ve taken risperdal (for bipolar and schizophrenia, so a mediocre example but you get my drift) and grown breasts or developed diabetes. T has good effects no doubt, but prostate cancer sucks and it’s a side effect. surgery for prostate cancer has a likelihood of leaving a man incontinent and/or impotent. so I’m just saying “be careful” to you guys. I’m slathering Indo on my head every evening and wondering if I’m going to develop a stomach ulcer at some point if enough gets systemic. they can perforate and leave you hypotensive, toxic and in jeopardy of dying. I have a certain “go Alec!” mentality because back when I joined this site in 02 I used to read his posts, and it’s awesone to have things finally sort of work out for him. but just be careful with your bodies. they are worth protecting even without fluffy domes

Did Alex ever consider that maybe his hair loss has just stabilized and the indo really isn’t doing much? I don’t know how he was ever so convinced that it was definitely the indo that was helping. I mean, seeing his pictures, or what we can make out from them, he seems pretty bald. At a certain point in most people with MPB, the hair loss slows down and even stops progressing, of its own accord. What made him so certain it was the indo?

I totally agree with roger_that and i believe it from the first day i saw the story of alec
but I’m not going to say something I’m not sure and make him discontinue the treatment
Alec are you conviced that indo stopped your hairloss?
for example before i start propecia (2007) i was losing a lot of hair in the bathroom but when i started i saw huge difference in the loss