REGENICA (Histogen HGEN-001) - Launch date 2015

http://www.histogeninc.com/products/hgen_001.htm

HGEN-001 HGEN-001 is a proprietary liquid formula created by infusing the soluble chemicals secreted by the newborn fibroblasts with the liquid media. It is the first naturally stabilized and bioactive formulation of wnt proteins and growth factors, offering exceptional opportunities for applications including research tools and biologics products.

[]…The formula contains naturally stabilized and bioactive wnt proteins and activity
[
]…The formula contains naturally secreted growth factors
[]…HGEN-001 is soluble and injectable
[
]…The formula requires no purification process
[*]…Capabilities for Hair growth

Hair loss affects 35 million men and 21 million women in the United States.

One of Histogen’s significant applications for HGEN-001 is its utilization as an injectable for hair growth. The combination of wnt proteins and growth factors making up HGEN-001 has been shown to both stimulate resting hair follicles and induce new follicle formation.

In May 2007, these findings were substantiated by research performed by Dr. George Cotsarelis, which offered further evidence that these growth factors and proteins in combination lead to a significant increase in the creation of new hair follicles in mice.

Histogen’s injectable for hair growth will be undergoing clinical trials, and launch is planned for 2015.

http://www.histogeninc.com/products/regenica.htm

ReGenicaTM ReGenicaTM is a proprietary liquid formula created by the culturing of newborn fibroblasts in an embryonic-like environment and then harvesting the naturally secreted growth factors, anitoxidants and other synergistic bioproducts that are produced. It is the first naturally stabilized and bioactive formulation of wnt proteins and natural cofactors - offering exceptional opportunities for applications including research tools and as a natural additive in products.

The formula contains naturally stabilized and bioactive wnt proteins with activity
The formula contains naturally secreted growth factors
ReGenicaTM is soluble and can be in both a topical or injectible format. injectible
The formula requires no purification process
Capabilities for Skin & Hair Care

ReGenicaTM is currently being researched as an additive to cosmeceutical products, with applications from post-resurfacing treatments to commercial anti-aging products.

The liquid formulation contains a complex mixture of actives, including human growth factors such as Keratinocyte Growth Factor, soluble human ECM such as collagen, and natural cellular antioxidants which supports the epidermal stem cells that renew skin throughout life.

In May 2008, an evaluation of ReGenicaTM’s as a treatment for post-laser patients was completed. Preliminary ‘proof of concept’ results from this first evaluation suggest that topical application of a skin gel supplemented with ReGenicaTM can provide overall improved visible re-epithelialization of post ablative laser facial skin, and thereby accelerate patient recovery, keeping superficial cutaneous side effects to a minimum. More details can be found within the news announcement at: http://www.histogeninc.com/aboutus/news_events.htm#8"

Additional studies are planned for late 2008, including further evaluation of ReGenicaTM as a treatment for post-resurfacing as well as preliminary evaluation of ReGenicaTM for anti-aging applications.

Histogen is also evaluating ReGenicaTM as an active ingredient for hair care products such as shampoos and conditioners. The Company anticipates ReGenicaTM’s interaction with hair follicles will help hair to grow thicker, stronger and more flexible.

Capabilities for Hair growth

Hair loss affects 35 million men and 21 million women in the United States.

One of Histogen’s significant applications for ReGenicaTM is its utilization as an injectable for hair growth. The combination of wnt proteins and growth factors making up ReGenicaTM has been shown to both stimulate resting hair follicles and induce new follicle formation.

In May 2007, these findings were substantiated by research performed byDr. George Cotsarelis, which offered further evidence that these growth factors and proteins in combination lead to a significant increase in the creation of new hair follicles in mice.

Histogen’s injectible ReGenicaTM for hair growth will begin clinical trials in Q4 2008, and launch is planned for 2015.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/2008/10/19/20081019biz-skinco1019.html

Company picks Valley to develop skin products
Oct. 19, 2008

The Arizona Republic

Sunshine and skin damage have prompted a San Diego biotechnology company to expand in Arizona to develop a line of anti-aging skin products.

Histogen Inc. has opened a Tempe office and plans to begin selling three new skin-care products in the first quarter of 2009.

The company said it uses a stem-cell-like technology to foster a skin product derived from skin discarded from infants after circumcisions.
The company wants to parlay revenue collected from the sale of aesthetic products to fund research in areas such as cardiovascular and wound healing.

It’s the same playbook sketched out by other Arizona biotechnology companies such as Tucson-based Niadyne Development: develop anti-aging skin products backed by science to raise cash while focusing on a bigger prize of health research.

The Tempe division is called Histogen Aesthetics.

President Lawrence Rheins said the company chose Arizona to launch its aesthetics business due to the Phoenix-area’s large network of dermatologists and plastic surgeons focused on cosmetic and anti-aging procedures as well as the state’s growing biotechnology hub.

“Everybody who lives here gets photo (sun) damage,” said Rheins, who previously served as a director at Hill Top Research in Scottsdale and an assistant dermatology professor at the University of Cincinnati. “There is a real need for these types of products because of the desert climate and the intense sun.”

Histogen CEO Gail Naughton was the co-founder of Advanced Tissue Sciences, a former San Diego biotech company that had a promising skin-patch technology to treat burns and wounds.

The company eventually filed bankruptcy amid heavy debt and a struggle to get Food and Drug Administration approval for a key product.

Naughton, now a dean of the college of business administration at San Diego State University, has reloaded with Rheins and several of her former Advanced Tissue colleagues.

Of Histogen’s first 25 employees, 18 worked together at Advanced Tissue, Rheins said.

“It is clearly the reason we were able to start as fast as we were able to,” he said.

Histogen’s Tempe office has four employees, with plans to expand to about 20 workers as the company launches its line of skin products targeting baby boomers and others. The positions will mainly be sales and marketing.

Rheins said the company expects its non-prescription products will be sold by plastic surgeons and dermatologists and distributed by a Tempe company, Secure Medical. Secure Medical CEO John Rao also sits on the board of Histogen, and Secure Medical is an investor.

Histogen’s products will be made from an ingredient the company calls ReGenica, which can be used for skin, hair and nail care.

The company said its technology mimics the embryo, allowing the growth of protein-rich material that is similar to what is found in young skin.

Rheins said the company’s initial products will include a gel that can be applied to skin after laser resurfacing. It also will unveil anti-aging lotions that are applied day and night.

Earlier this year, Histogen unveiled a kit to grow stem cells, called BioNuesis.

The Tempe division expects to expand with other skin offerings such as dermal fillers or treatments for skin conditions such as acne or rosacea.

Rheins said Histogen has no plans to conduct research at its Tempe office, but the company may conduct clinical trials here.

The parent company, which formed last year, believes the technology can be used to eventually have many beneficial therapeutic uses, including regenerating cells that can help treat cardiovascular patients and heal wounds.

» http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/2008/10/19/20081019biz-skinco1019.html
»
» Company picks Valley to develop skin products
» Oct. 19, 2008
»
» The Arizona Republic
»
» Sunshine and skin damage have prompted a San Diego biotechnology company
» to expand in Arizona to develop a line of anti-aging skin products.
»
» Histogen Inc. has opened a Tempe office and plans to begin selling three
» new skin-care products in the first quarter of 2009.
»
» The company said it uses a stem-cell-like technology to foster a skin
» product derived from skin discarded from infants after circumcisions.
» The company wants to parlay revenue collected from the sale of aesthetic
» products to fund research in areas such as cardiovascular and wound
» healing.
»
» It’s the same playbook sketched out by other Arizona biotechnology
» companies such as Tucson-based Niadyne Development: develop anti-aging skin
» products backed by science to raise cash while focusing on a bigger prize
» of health research.
»
» The Tempe division is called Histogen Aesthetics.
»
» President Lawrence Rheins said the company chose Arizona to launch its
» aesthetics business due to the Phoenix-area’s large network of
» dermatologists and plastic surgeons focused on cosmetic and anti-aging
» procedures as well as the state’s growing biotechnology hub.
»
» “Everybody who lives here gets photo (sun) damage,” said Rheins, who
» previously served as a director at Hill Top Research in Scottsdale and an
» assistant dermatology professor at the University of Cincinnati. “There is
» a real need for these types of products because of the desert climate and
» the intense sun.”
»
» Histogen CEO Gail Naughton was the co-founder of Advanced Tissue Sciences,
» a former San Diego biotech company that had a promising skin-patch
» technology to treat burns and wounds.
»
» The company eventually filed bankruptcy amid heavy debt and a struggle to
» get Food and Drug Administration approval for a key product.
»
» Naughton, now a dean of the college of business administration at San
» Diego State University, has reloaded with Rheins and several of her former
» Advanced Tissue colleagues.
»
» Of Histogen’s first 25 employees, 18 worked together at Advanced Tissue,
» Rheins said.
»
» “It is clearly the reason we were able to start as fast as we were able
» to,” he said.
»
» Histogen’s Tempe office has four employees, with plans to expand to about
» 20 workers as the company launches its line of skin products targeting baby
» boomers and others. The positions will mainly be sales and marketing.
»
» Rheins said the company expects its non-prescription products will be sold
» by plastic surgeons and dermatologists and distributed by a Tempe company,
» Secure Medical. Secure Medical CEO John Rao also sits on the board of
» Histogen, and Secure Medical is an investor.
»
» Histogen’s products will be made from an ingredient the company calls
» ReGenica, which can be used for skin, hair and nail care.
»
» The company said its technology mimics the embryo, allowing the growth of
» protein-rich material that is similar to what is found in young skin.
»
» Rheins said the company’s initial products will include a gel that can be
» applied to skin after laser resurfacing. It also will unveil anti-aging
» lotions that are applied day and night.
»
» Earlier this year, Histogen unveiled a kit to grow stem cells, called
» BioNuesis.
»
» The Tempe division expects to expand with other skin offerings such as
» dermal fillers or treatments for skin conditions such as acne or rosacea.
»
» Rheins said Histogen has no plans to conduct research at its Tempe office,
» but the company may conduct clinical trials here.
»
» The parent company, which formed last year, believes the technology can be
» used to eventually have many beneficial therapeutic uses, including
» regenerating cells that can help treat cardiovascular patients and heal
» wounds.

Wow, 2015… 7 years… it’s better to don’t think about this…
why a company spend money for a product that will be available in 7 years? This maybe means that no other companies at the moment have nothing sure for the market, follica icx and others, so the race is still open… The situation seems to say this: take a big transplant if you can, and after wait other 5 years to have a better solution.

»
» Wow, 2015… 7 years… it’s better to don’t think about this…
» why a company spend money for a product that will be available in 7 years?
» This maybe means that no other companies at the moment have nothing sure
» for the market, follica icx and others, so the race is still open… The
» situation seems to say this: take a big transplant if you can, and after
» wait other 5 years to have a better solution.

7 years is realistic estimate if everything goes well. They spend money on it because there s no way other then lieing to ppl, that could deliver something through trials in less than that. In fact 7 years would be pretty quick.

Its just naive ppl here on the forum who every time there is some news believe that the product will be here by te end of the next year.

The only immediate hope is that we here will build upon Baccy’s first test, and improve it somehow to get better results.

ACCORDING TO THE NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ABOVE IT SAYS:

“Histogen Inc. has opened a Tempe office and plans to begin selling three new skin-care products in the first quarter of 2009.”

I wonder if this is similar and may also help to treat hairloss ?

If its based on “wnt proteins and natural cofactors” like their Regenica is then it ay prove to be a great topical in the Follica experiment as they also use “wnt proteins” if i remember correctly. Just a thought anyway.

Only a few months to wait to find out. Could be a useful topical with any luck :slight_smile:

» The only immediate hope is that we here will build upon Baccy’s first
» test, and improve it somehow to get better results.

for me the only hope is that ICX results are better than what everybody here expects, including me, that doesn’t mean that I don’t respect the people that are experimenting at home, but I don’t think that something useful will come out of this.

don’t tell me, let me guess…

this is yet another company based on ideas or findings from dr. cotsarelis’ research…

great. so he licenses one discovery to follica, another to histogen, another to… to whom?

i have all respect for dr. cotsarelis and his knowledge, i really do, but does anyone see a pattern emerging here where he keeps on making these “discoveries” every few months, at least a few of them every year, and then they all get rolled over into companies?

what’s his relationship with this company, since they’re referencing his name?

and are these “discoveries” really major breakthroughs, or just incremental findings, as in, “okay, when we expose a black mouse to chemical A, and rub its belly, it grows some hair – license that one to follica… when we expose a grey mouse to chemical B, and hang it upside down for 48 hours, it grows some hair – license that one to histogen…”

» don’t tell me, let me guess…
»
» this is yet another company based on ideas or findings from dr.
» cotsarelis’ research…
»
» great. so he licenses one discovery to follica, another to histogen,
» another to… to whom?
»
» i have all respect for dr. cotsarelis and his knowledge, i really do, but
» does anyone see a pattern emerging here where he keeps on making these
» “discoveries” every few months, at least a few of them every year, and then
» they all get rolled over into companies?
»
» what’s his relationship with this company, since they’re referencing his
» name?
»
» and are these “discoveries” really major breakthroughs, or just
» incremental findings, as in, “okay, when we expose a black mouse to
» chemical A, and rub its belly, it grows some hair – license that one to
» follica… when we expose a grey mouse to chemical B, and hang it upside
» down for 48 hours, it grows some hair – license that one to histogen…”

sorry…usually i don’t take care about reply like this
( of course i think in last days here a lot of people write nonsense ).

I don’t know if we will have a cure someday… but this post it’s quite
crazy ( both for misunderstanding info and conclusion).

» » The only immediate hope is that we here will build upon Baccy’s first
» » test, and improve it somehow to get better results.
»
» for me the only hope is that ICX results are better than what everybody
» here expects, including me, that doesn’t mean that I don’t respect the
» people that are experimenting at home, but I don’t think that something
» useful will come out of this.

unfortunately the percentages of increased hair count were so far 10 times lower then they would have to be if it should be comparable with HT’s

» » don’t tell me, let me guess…
» »
» » this is yet another company based on ideas or findings from dr.
» » cotsarelis’ research…
» »
» » great. so he licenses one discovery to follica, another to histogen,
» » another to… to whom?
» »
» » i have all respect for dr. cotsarelis and his knowledge, i really do,
» but
» » does anyone see a pattern emerging here where he keeps on making these
» » “discoveries” every few months, at least a few of them every year, and
» then
» » they all get rolled over into companies?
» »
» » what’s his relationship with this company, since they’re referencing
» his
» » name?
» »
» » and are these “discoveries” really major breakthroughs, or just
» » incremental findings, as in, “okay, when we expose a black mouse to
» » chemical A, and rub its belly, it grows some hair – license that one
» to
» » follica… when we expose a grey mouse to chemical B, and hang it
» upside
» » down for 48 hours, it grows some hair – license that one to
» histogen…”
»
» sorry…usually i don’t take care about reply like this
» ( of course i think in last days here a lot of people write nonsense ).
»
» I don’t know if we will have a cure someday… but this post it’s quite
» crazy ( both for misunderstanding info and conclusion).

are you associated with dr. cotsarelis somehow?

if you are, and you know something more than we do, maybe you can enlighten us about some things…

i threw that idea out as half a joke, half speculation. i don’t really think that’s what’s going on, but sometimes it seems to be true, unfortunately.

i mean it seems we’ve been hearing about these discoveries by dr. cotsarelis, one after another, for several years now. each discovery is different and is reported as a separate, individual event.

and each time the media reports another one of his discoveries, they report it as possibly or probably being the foundation of a cure for male patterned baldness. and when they report a new discovery by dr. cotsarelis, they never (or hardly ever) reference any of his previous discoveries, to draw some kind of logical connection or relationship or sequence of events between each discovery. the reports almost NEVER connect the dots between the different discoveries. each one is reported as a separate, almost unrelated and isolated event.

and each one seems to be connected to a new company, or a new investment or business involvement of dr. cotsarelis. sometimes he licenses a development or technology, sometimes he becomes a consultant to a company, sometimes his name is mentioned on a board of directors or something like that…

and every different company seems to have a different take on how to cure or fix mpb, all based on different ideas or things that dr. cotsarelis has worked on. one company wants to do hm. another wants to wound the skin and apply topicals. histogen wants to use some completely different idea with chemicals secreted by fibroblasts.

if you know anything that could shed some light on all this, please don’t hesitate to help us out…

u may think this shyte is funny, i don’t think so. the little you say, you seem to be saying with great certainty.

why are u saying my post was “crazy” and “both for misunderstanding and conclusion”???

» are you associated with dr. cotsarelis somehow?
are you?

» » are you associated with dr. cotsarelis somehow?
» are you?

no.

» baldbaby - are you associated with dr. cotsarelis somehow?
» rev - are you?
» baldbaby - no.

ahh… so you’re talking out of your ass again, gotcha!!

» » baldbaby - are you associated with dr. cotsarelis somehow?
» » rev - are you?
» » baldbaby - no.
»
» ahh… so you’re talking out of your ass again, gotcha!!

gotcha for what?

if i had lied and said i was associated with cotsarelis, wouldn’t you would have said the same thing… i’m talking out of my ass? only then u would have had a reason to say it!!

rev, of all the people on this board, i think you are the most seriously, deeply disturbed. you seem to think you’re a party to some inside joke or something, something that only exists in your poor little excuse for a mind…

ha ha ha! :stuck_out_tongue: rev the evil all-knowing genius strikes again with one of his massive zingers!

With this product in relation to dr. cotsarelis, and its release date in 2015…is this a prediction as to when Follica might come out? I don’t see why they are somewhat using the same growth factors but yet there will be two products coming out :expressionless:

» With this product in relation to dr. cotsarelis, and its release date in
» 2015…is this a prediction as to when Follica might come out? I don’t
» see why they are somewhat using the same growth factors but yet there will
» be two products coming out :expressionless:

dave21, that’s pretty much what i’ve been asking.

why are all these separate, independent products coming out all based somehow on dr. cotsarelis’ research?

i don’t think there’s any direct connection to cotsarelis her other than that he’s involved in both follica and this. but the companies don’t seem to be connected.

»
» Histogen Inc. has opened a Tempe office and plans to begin selling three
» new skin-care products in the first quarter of 2009.

2009 They plan to start selling something, we may not have to wait til 2015

» The company said it uses a stem-cell-like technology to foster a skin
» product derived from skin discarded from infants after circumcisions.

That would be fun to explain…

Hey man weren’t you bald, how’d you grow that new hair?? You know just applied some stem cells from some baby’s excess skin around his penis… works like a charm

» With this product in relation to dr. cotsarelis, and its release date in
» 2015…is this a prediction as to when Follica might come out? I don’t
» see why they are somewhat using the same growth factors but yet there will
» be two products coming out :expressionless:

What follica and Histogen are doing is pretty different.

Cotsarelis is a scientific advisor at Aderans also.

» » With this product in relation to dr. cotsarelis, and its release date in
» » 2015…is this a prediction as to when Follica might come out? I
» don’t
» » see why they are somewhat using the same growth factors but yet there
» will
» » be two products coming out :expressionless:
»
» What follica and Histogen are doing is pretty different.
»
» Cotsarelis is a scientific advisor at Aderans also.

From what i gather follica is due a lot sooner than 2015 but that is of course based on human trials! Everything Follica plans to use in terms of drugs and derm is already approved!