Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Regarding the rogaine foam

i know people r using the foam in this forum.
i just started using it the other day. the instructions say put it only on the crown, my question is:

1- when r u supposed to c results if any, and did anyone grow hair from it or it just stopped the falling out

2- has any of u used it on the front and did u get any result?

I would appreciate ur responses , this will be very helpful to me

All I got from the foam was a massive shed that went on and on and on and on…

that sounds bad , did u start shedding as soon as u took it or did it take time? did the regular rogaine or minoxidol work for u?

Rogaine foam is just another form of application instead of the liquid droplets.
Minoxidil (rogaine) works anywhere it is applied. The drying time is much faster, but I wouldn’t recomend it for those with longer hair. Foam is applied to the scalp then rubbed into the scalp passed the hair. With long hair it is difficult to do. The droplet comes in handy here.

Shedding is actually a good sign. Means you’re a good responder.

» that sounds bad , did u start shedding as soon as u took it or did it take
» time? did the regular rogaine or minoxidol work for u?

» that sounds bad , did u start shedding as soon as u took it or did it take
» time? did the regular rogaine or minoxidol work for u?

I have used regular minox since 1992. The shedding I got from the foam was almost immediate. I would have thought that it was a good sign of regrowth, but it lasted for over a month, which had never happened before. I don’t recommend the foam. It dries quickly, which is great cosmetically, but the regular liquid does not evaporate for a long time providing more absorption than the foam.

i have been using it for almost a week now
and no shed. my hair is short and it makes it look thick instead of the greasy liquid which i had to stop after 2 weeks cause it was itching so bad.
so both of u stopped the shedding , decreased it, or actually grew bit of hair?

» i have been using it for almost a week now
» and no shed. my hair is short and it makes it look thick instead of the
» greasy liquid which i had to stop after 2 weeks cause it was itching so
» bad.
» so both of u stopped the shedding , decreased it, or actually grew bit of
» hair?

I’ve actually started doing the liquid at night and the foam in the morning. I totally had the itching thing going on, but the foam helped. I don’t know how affective it is though? But I use it anyways…

Medical treatments for male and female pattern hair loss
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology - Volume 59, Issue 4 (October 2008)

Nicole E. Rogers, MD
Marc R. Avram, MD

In our experience, we recommend once-daily application of minoxidil 5% foam. This increases compliance and also decreases the risk of contact allergy.

We recommend it for use in the frontal two-thirds of the scalp and vertex, even though the package insert recommends only the vertex.

We have observed that the more recent the hair loss, the more success patients will have with the medicine.

We encourage patients to use the product for at least 6 months, to allow all catagen and telogen hairs to cycle back into the anagen phase.

» i know people r using the foam in this forum.
» i just started using it the other day. the instructions say put it only on
» the crown, my question is:
»
» 1- when r u supposed to c results if any, and did anyone grow hair from it
» or it just stopped the falling out
»
» 2- has any of u used it on the front and did u get any result?
»
» I would appreciate ur responses , this will be very helpful to me