Regarding the Intercytex Phase II Results

» » Hey PAT, are you Greek? Cause you mentioned the Greek word “sillogismos”
» » means thought…
»
» Imor, I’m italian. I’m a technician, but I like old latin and greek
» languages.
» In these 2 languages there is the REAL meaning of mediterranean words.
» I like also phylosophy. The first phylosophers were technicians.
»

Its spelled “philosophy” bro :slight_smile:

Thanks… and I thought you were Spanish or Latin American, not Italian. So I answered you in Spanish. Sorry!

You wrote “silogismo” and it is the same word in Spanish. Also, apparently, the same word in Greek.

» Thanks… and I thought you were Spanish or Latin American, not Italian.
» So I answered you in Spanish. Sorry!
»
» You wrote “silogismo” and it is the same word in Spanish. Also,
» apparently, the same word in Greek.

OK, JTR, thanks.

It’s amazing how some days I can read a thread that will convince me that hm will be available soon then other days I read a thread that makes me fell so helpless.

After reading this thread,all I can think about is Farjo telling me that the trials are still in the EARLY STAGES & that they can recommend some docs in my area who I could consult with.:frowning:

Where’s Thegame ? I need some false hope.

» It’s amazing how some days I can read a thread that will convince me that
» hm will be available soon then other days I read a thread that makes me
» fell so helpless.
»
» After reading this thread,all I can think about is Farjo telling me that
» the trials are still in the EARLY STAGES & that they can recommend some
» docs in my area who I could consult with.:frowning:
»
» Where’s Thegame ? I need some false hope.

Look at it from their point of view damon. You’re a busy doc doing HTs and also research on a new exciting development which attracts umpteen queries from interested fellas, why even hint that it could be here any time soon if it will just get people worked up.

Plus ICX and Farjo aren’t exactly bolshy self-affgrandizing, salesmen of the type (and I;m not having a pop at anyone here it’s just an observation) which seems to be more popular in America. ICX have been keeping info about TRC very tight, and we just have to wait.

Still, new update in two weeks!

» It’s amazing how some days I can read a thread that will convince me that
» hm will be available soon then other days I read a thread that makes me
» fell so helpless.
»
» After reading this thread,all I can think about is Farjo telling me that
» the trials are still in the EARLY STAGES & that they can recommend some
» docs in my area who I could consult with.:frowning:
»
» Where’s Thegame ? I need some false hope.

It’s evident that ICX (and associates) in general use the term “in early stages” to actually mean “not in final stages”.

They’ve been working on TRC for 7 years, and their FAQ page says that “we currently estimate that the earliest that ICX-TRC would be available on the market is 2010”, as well as “ICX-TRC is at an early stage of its development”. So they are 7 years in and have about 3 years to go, and therefore according to ICX 70% done is still an early stage.

As for the trials, they’re in the middle of the second trial out of three, i.e. 50% of the way in. So by ICX standards, which regard 70% as still being an early stage, the trials, which are 50% complete, are at a WAY early stage. :slight_smile:

I have no doubt that they have results and that those results are promising -how much so? - Well, hopefully they’ll be covering that soon.

But…has it crossed any of your minds that this rolling trial may consist of multiple injections on the same candidate over a period of time in order to study not only the individual but the cumulative effects of the treatments.
I have no special knowledge nor am I privy to any special data but this sure does sound like something a smart person would do.

My only concern is with the number of candidates they’ve used in their trials which I’m sure they’ve already increased. Why is this an issue - well b/c it may take a year or more to study the full effect of multiple treatments on an individual candidate - reponse rates will vary so you want a statistically sound product before it hits the market. If you have to wait on data for a few more to be done, it just slows the process down. This is why small scale commercialization will be utilized - to build up the data backing the product before mass release.
Also, I’m guessing small scale release will give them time to invest more in manufacturing capacity.

» I have no doubt that they have results and that those results are promising
» -how much so? - Well, hopefully they’ll be covering that soon.
»
» But…has it crossed any of your minds that this rolling trial may consist
» of multiple injections on the same candidate over a period of time in order
» to study not only the individual but the cumulative effects of the
» treatments.
» I have no special knowledge nor am I privy to any special data but this
» sure does sound like something a smart person would do.
»
» My only concern is with the number of candidates they’ve used in their
» trials which I’m sure they’ve already increased. Why is this an issue -
» well b/c it may take a year or more to study the full effect of multiple
» treatments on an individual candidate - reponse rates will vary so you
» want a statistically sound product before it hits the market. If you have
» to wait on data for a few more to be done, it just slows the process down.
» This is why small scale commercialization will be utilized - to build up
» the data backing the product before mass release.
» Also, I’m guessing small scale release will give them time to invest more
» in manufacturing capacity.

But they don’t need to study the full effect of multiple treatments before releasing a commercial product. They can release it and have everybody do their 1st pass. Then complete more studies, and have people do their 2nd pass say a year later.

» Not engaging in a circular argument over semantics, but demonstrating
» (very easy in this case :slight_smile: ) a theory: A>B, B>C so A>C

JTR is technically correct, but he is looking on the bright side to the degree that his eyeballs may well have burned out !

they aren’t gonna release results because they found out that its the needling and not the dermal papillae injection that grows hair.

» they aren’t gonna release results because they found out that its the
» needling and not the dermal papillae injection that grows hair.

You know what I think? I think this whole thing won’t go very far. I think it’s a wet blanket.

Look at the two words, “partial” and “rudimentary” in that abstract. This isn’t growing cosmetically acceptable hairs, people. This is growing dermal cysts (look up the term), proto-follicles, and other inchoate, partially-formed structures.

At the end of the day I think this will be proved to be another false alarm. This is wall-to-wall hype – and I don’t care what scientists are involved, it’s HYPE.

It may be mildly interesting from a purely scientific point of view, and some form of this may eventually end up as an adjunct or ‘promoter’ of some future version of HM (like HM version 3.0 or 4.0), but for now, this whole simplistic idea of “wounding + lithium” is of very little real interest in actually growing COSMETICALLY ACCEPTABLE HAIR ON YOUR HEAD.

If this thing ever is made to generate cosmetically viable hair, it will be well after HM is already on the market.

You heard it here first, folks, from ol’ JTR.