Reconsidering my position about ICX. Going positive now

» Apparently, they have money but just for the skin products.
»
» Well, if my new guessings are right, maybe we are lucky if they find
» someone to pay the bills.
» But of course, this is a big setback.

The economy in England is on a similar fast track to recession as the American economy due to their sophisticated banking structures (unlike Asian banks, which are sheltered from the current market fallout due to their lack of sophistication). This translates to money being more difficult to get (for ICX) and stock prices taking a beating in the immediate future. So this helps to infringe upon the already tight cash-flow of a startup biotech with a very radical vision for the future. I believe ICX prefers to continue development of this product, but the reality is that they need to start generating some form of income soon or the entire company will sink. Successful product development has just as much or more to do with business realities as it does scientific realities. The story of the Gho Clinic is a testimony to this with the main difference being ICX also tapped its ability to generate public funding.

Gho foresaw ICX in every step of this journey to date, and his journey reads like a prophetic prediction of ICX’ fate. I was hoping that the large amount of cash ICX generated through public funding would lead them to a different outcome, but much of that has been swallowed up developing their more immediate products.

There are risks involved in continuing development, and ICX can’t assume the risk due to the risks they have in every other product they are developing. Thus, they are trying to spread the risk by collaborating with another company. This will allow them to concentrate their cash on their more immediate products in an attempt to get some money rolling through the door to fund future development and increase investor confidence.

ICX believes the risk of TRC not being commercially marketable is low, so that is a good sign. However, the results are obviously not yet amazing enough to bring in the the money they need to push this product to phase III. Gho showed us how this game works. You get the hair to grow, but you can’t get it to grow consistently. Then your investors start to complain they need an immediately marketable product to generate a return on investments. At this stage, Gho turned to the less than stellar FM. In a similar manner, ICX is turning to other products in its pipeline that are hopefully more desirable than FM turned out to be.

My opinion is that we are seeing history repeat itself. Gho did not fail purely for scientific reasons. He failed mostly due to business pressures and realities. ICX is being forced into a similar corner.

The good news is that the product grows increased hair on most or all people that use it (but so did Gho’s version). In that respect, it is unique from everything else in the marketplace except for perhaps FM/HST. The biggest question is who wants to assume the risk of continuing to develop this product and partner with ICX?

The most important deviation from what we are seeing with ICX and Gho is that Gho lost the rights to sell his HM related research when he reached this stage of the game. ICX has managed to maintain it’s rights to its HM product and can place it in the marketplace for any interested party to pick up. It is important to realize ICX is not looking to throw the product away. They are looking for a HT company to help fund the research and figure out how best to use the product. Due to the extreme limitations of HT that are directly addressed by TRC, it does not require a large stretch of the imagination to foresee this research being picked up and brought through to commercial success. The potential market is well into the billions. But we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

The news is lackluster. I see no other way to portray it in light of the fact that this product cannot be marketed without the successful completion of phase III. My biggest question is whether ICX is going to be portrayed in the same unfair manner Gho was portrayed in when his efforts fell short? Will Kemp turn into a common four-letter word. Will he be accused of pumping TRC in order to generate public funds for skin products? I’m curious to see just how hard people retaliate, and I fully expect to see it surface at some level.

Okay, that’s worst case scenario. Maybe best case is that a HT company will pick it up as is and offer it offshore (while continuing development in the lab). This will allow the 25% of patients that respond well to the treatment to get their hair back immediately. The other 75% are stuck with standard HT with a little added thickening. Sound implausible? I’d pay 3 grand to find out if I could get my hair back. Wouldn’t you? And on top of that, even if you only get a little thickening, it still beats HT. All in all, not a bad business model as most of us would fly over and take our chances as long as a few people had amazing success. The bonus would be that the company would have massive data on the process and know exactly how deviating laboratory results could be turned into successful treatment results. Gho once made the statement about his own HM product, “I could market it right now, but it’s not perfect yet.” His business manager begged him to put it on the market as is and take his chances. IMO, ICX’ product could probably be marketed right now by an intelligent CEO with a keen understanding of bald men’s needs and desires. I think even my lame arse could turn this into a huge success, and I lack business skills. Imagine what others can do with the product.

Well, I prefer not to talk about Gho, because this would lead to lengthy discussions with you, and frankly, I don’t have the energy for that now.

And re. ICX, if they used TRC simply as a bait to get free advertising, I cannot tell at this point. But one thing is clear, they always had their priority on the skin products. Higgins said once that “Skin is the Holy grail” in an interview. They have spent very little money on TRC, maybe because they feel it is a more difficult product.

Unfortunately, ICX has chosen to give us very little information about the trials. Basically, no details about number of hairs, and no information at all about direction. This promotes our doubts.
But in spite of this, the truth is that they have given us much more information than any other HM researcher so far.

I think we will have to wait and see if someone puts money on TRC. If this doesn’t occur, this will indicate that TRC doesn’t have the potential that was promised, and then, yes, we could think that ICX used it simply as bait, once again, to fool us, and then, yes, people will get very upset.

Well, if they fail with TRC, but have success with the skin products, this will be a huge revolution in medicine, and the TRC matter will be excused.

» » Apparently, they have money but just for the skin products.
» »
» » Well, if my new guessings are right, maybe we are lucky if they find
» » someone to pay the bills.
» » But of course, this is a big setback.
»
» The economy in England is on a similar fast track to recession as the
» American economy due to their sophisticated banking structures (unlike
» Asian banks, which are sheltered from the current market fallout due to
» their lack of sophistication). This translates to money being more
» difficult to get (for ICX) and stock prices taking a beating in the
» immediate future. So this helps to infringe upon the already tight
» cash-flow of a startup biotech with a very radical vision for the future.
» I believe ICX prefers to continue development of this product, but the
» reality is that they need to start generating some form of income soon or
» the entire company will sink. Successful product development has just as
» much or more to do with business realities as it does scientific
» realities. The story of the Gho Clinic is a testimony to this with the
» main difference being ICX also tapped its ability to generate public
» funding.
»
» Gho foresaw ICX in every step of this journey to date, and his journey
» reads like a prophetic prediction of ICX’ fate. I was hoping that the
» large amount of cash ICX generated through public funding would lead them
» to a different outcome, but much of that has been swallowed up developing
» their more immediate products.
»
» There are risks involved in continuing development, and ICX can’t assume
» the risk due to the risks they have in every other product they are
» developing. Thus, they are trying to spread the risk by collaborating with
» another company. This will allow them to concentrate their cash on their
» more immediate products in an attempt to get some money rolling through
» the door to fund future development and increase investor confidence.
»
» ICX believes the risk of TRC not being commercially marketable is low, so
» that is a good sign. However, the results are obviously not yet amazing
» enough to bring in the the money they need to push this product to phase
» III. Gho showed us how this game works. You get the hair to grow, but you
» can’t get it to grow consistently. Then your investors start to complain
» they need an immediately marketable product to generate a return on
» investments. At this stage, Gho turned to the less than stellar FM. In a
» similar manner, ICX is turning to other products in its pipeline that are
» hopefully more desirable than FM turned out to be.
»
» My opinion is that we are seeing history repeat itself. Gho did not fail
» purely for scientific reasons. He failed mostly due to business pressures
» and realities. ICX is being forced into a similar corner.
»
» The good news is that the product grows increased hair on most or all
» people that use it (but so did Gho’s version). In that respect, it is
» unique from everything else in the marketplace except for perhaps FM/HST.
» The biggest question is who wants to assume the risk of continuing to
» develop this product and partner with ICX?
»
» The most important deviation from what we are seeing with ICX and Gho is
» that Gho lost the rights to sell his HM related research when he reached
» this stage of the game. ICX has managed to maintain it’s rights to its HM
» product and can place it in the marketplace for any interested party to
» pick up. It is important to realize ICX is not looking to throw the
» product away. They are looking for a HT company to help fund the research
» and figure out how best to use the product. Due to the extreme limitations
» of HT that are directly addressed by TRC, it does not require a large
» stretch of the imagination to foresee this research being picked up and
» brought through to commercial success. The potential market is well into
» the billions. But we’ll have to wait and see what happens.
»
» The news is lackluster. I see no other way to portray it in light of the
» fact that this product cannot be marketed without the successful
» completion of phase III. My biggest question is whether ICX is going to be
» portrayed in the same unfair manner Gho was portrayed in when his efforts
» fell short? Will Kemp turn into a common four-letter word. Will he be
» accused of pumping TRC in order to generate public funds for skin
» products? I’m curious to see just how hard people retaliate, and I fully
» expect to see it surface at some level.
»
» Okay, that’s worst case scenario. Maybe best case is that a HT company
» will pick it up as is and offer it offshore (while continuing development
» in the lab). This will allow the 25% of patients that respond well to the
» treatment to get their hair back immediately. The other 75% are stuck with
» standard HT with a little added thickening. Sound implausible? I’d pay 3
» grand to find out if I could get my hair back. Wouldn’t you? And on top of
» that, even if you only get a little thickening, it still beats HT. All in
» all, not a bad business model as most of us would fly over and take our
» chances as long as a few people had amazing success. The bonus would be
» that the company would have massive data on the process and know exactly
» how deviating laboratory results could be turned into successful treatment
» results. Gho once made the statement about his own HM product, “I could
» market it right now, but it’s not perfect yet.” His business manager
» begged him to put it on the market as is and take his chances. IMO, ICX’
» product could probably be marketed right now by an intelligent CEO with a
» keen understanding of bald men’s needs and desires. I think even my lame
» arse could turn this into a huge success, and I lack business skills.
» Imagine what others can do with the product.

JB is the only poster on here that I listen to, the one thing that I am intrigued about is that Gho’s stem cell is as good as HM and its available, one thing I dont know is if it works. Wish someone on here had experience of it.

“Okay, that’s worst case scenario. Maybe best case is that a HT company will pick it up as is and offer it offshore (while continuing development in the lab). This will allow the 25% of patients that respond well to the treatment to get their hair back immediately. The other 75% are stuck with standard HT with a little added thickening. Sound implausible? I’d pay 3 grand to find out if I could get my hair back. Wouldn’t you? And on top of that, even if you only get a little thickening, it still beats HT. All in all, not a bad business model as most of us would fly over and take our chances as long as a few people had amazing success. The bonus would be that the company would have massive data on the process and know exactly how deviating laboratory results could be turned into successful treatment results. Gho once made the statement about his own HM product, “I could market it right now, but it’s not perfect yet.” His business manager begged him to put it on the market as is and take his chances. IMO, ICX’ product could probably be marketed right now by an intelligent CEO with a keen understanding of bald men’s needs and desires. I think even my lame arse could turn this into a huge success, and I lack business skills. Imagine what others can do with the product.”

I agree with the above verbiage 1000 percent. If the results are just a “thickening” of existing hair (including hair in the donor area which perhaps could be shot up also), it would be worth 5K to me personally. Id go to Antigua or whatever to have that done if they could just show me three photos of men who have a little more hair due to their procedure than before they had it and I believed the pictures to be true.

What I see is in September, they will (as Spanish dude has pointed out) have tried there three best protocols, and I hope they release data of what was made. I hope they are shooting up areas WITH hair also, to see if “thickening” can be accompished. anything that concened having a follicle “develop” there. The skin is thinner in bald scalp. A water layer is gone, fatty acids are missing, their is excessive collagen and less oxygen and less blood due to microcapillary insufficiency as compared with non-bald scalp. Its not a good environment for hair to grow. I wonder if they have noted better growth in already “fairly” hairy scalp that they have shot up vs. scalp with no hair at all.

The thought of Aderans getting to buy what ICX has, is kind of depressing. To get HM with them, will probably require a small strip…and I dont want a strip unless I have almost guaranteed results. Scars back there mean no buzzcut later if it fails. I wanted ICX to hit a home run in this trial…and was really secretely confident that they were going to have big success this time round’ and we could have officially started the clock. Aderans isn’t going to tell us anything. Ive emailed them four or five times asking them if they are in human trials, how are things going, what year will it be available, does it look promising…and never get anything back. Hairsite hasn’t apparently been able to get an interview with them.

The world eonomy, due to the high oil prices…is going to be struggling for the next several years. The Bush monkey has hurt us all. If one could simply increase the thickness of their donor area by 50%---------most of us would be in the clear, and could get an FUE with terrific results by manually transplanting the fully differentiated hair.

I have always worried that bald scalp in human androgenic alopecia would present a hair growing problem with this…but simply dont know for certain. Any way one slices it, it looks like it will be a few years yet, and that is very disheartening. I honestly believed 2010 was a real possibility six months ago. If Follica doesnt work in the relatively near term either, (a real possibility)…there is nothing else out there on the horizon at all.
It may be that a viable solution for bald men will really be 20 something years out there if that is the case, which sucks for all of us.

» But in spite of this, the truth is that they have given us much more information than any other HM researcher so far.

I disagree. Gho gave numerous lengthy interviews, published ground-breaking relevant HM research in the leading peer reviewed journal of the world, and even showed the owner of this site visual experimental results of HM hair growing on at least one patient’s head. In addition he cited his hair growth results as a percentage of injections compared to hairs growing from his patients’ heads. Thus, if he injected a hundred times and grew hair between 20 and 80% of the time, we were able to mathematically extrapolate these figures. He informed us of the quality of the hairs and the growth and direction (as confirmed by the owner of this website’s sworn eye witness testimony). The list of forthcoming information goes on and on.

By contrast ICX put a PR secretary in charge of patient information who emailed blanket statements to desperate patients that, when the smoke settled, had very little in common with fact. Kemp’s own statement of 66 hairs average per 100 injections made TRC seem like a miracle cure. This statement was made prior to a public stock offering that mostly funded products other than TRC. After that, we were provided blanket statements that made it seem as if ICX had improved the product’s consistency beyond what had originally seemed to be a miracle cure. This was around the time ICX had announced a second public stock offering. All the while, ICX was releasing investor updates with bubbly speculative statements such as “commercial marketing in 2008 is a possibility” and “we expect phase III trials will be performed by such and such a date.”

There is a 1000 times as much incriminating evidence out there with ICX than there ever was with Gho, and it is written in stone in public investor announcements that can be investigated and penalized by law. This does not mean that ICX is not on the level. It means you are clearly biased against Gho and in favor of ICX, and it shows.

The fact is, neither Gho or ICX’ scientists are evil monsters. They are researchers who put in a massive amount of effort into achieving something that is very difficult to achieve. So far, neither research team has succeeded. And so far, neither research team has done anything different as far as ethical concerns go than the average biotech startup company in the US where ethics are closely monitored.

Much like you speculated that donor regrowth was a made up lie to promote FM, and I later proved you wrong by supplying a link to an independent research study that proved Gho’s statements of donor regrowth to be 100% factual right down to the upper limit of consistency that could be expected, I am now calling you out on your continued bias and prejudice for and against particular research outfits based on your own personal vendettas. IMO, you spent years attacking and slandering an innocent man, his research, and his companies. In light of the latest developments of ICX TRC, I believe you owe Dr. Gho one heck of a personal apology. When the smoke settles, you have no more legitimate information against him than I have against ICX. Yet you don’t see me personally attacking the character or the morality ICX. They have have not deviated in the slightest from industry standard in my opinion, and are actually better than most.

» » But in spite of this, the truth is that they have given us much more
» information than any other HM researcher so far.
»
» I disagree. Gho gave numerous lengthy interviews, published
» ground-breaking relevant HM research in the leading peer reviewed journal
» of the world, and even showed the owner of this site visual experimental
» results of HM hair growing on at least one patient’s head. In addition he
» cited his hair growth results as a percentage of injections compared to
» hairs growing from his patients’ heads. Thus, if he injected a hundred
» times and grew hair between 20 and 80% of the time, we were able to
» mathematically extrapolate these figures. He informed us of the quality of
» the hairs and the growth and direction (as confirmed by the owner of this
» website’s sworn eye witness testimony). The list of forthcoming
» information goes on and on.
»
» By contrast ICX put a PR secretary in charge of patient information who
» emailed blanket statements to desperate patients that, when the smoke
» settled, had very little in common with fact. Kemp’s own statement of 66
» hairs average per 100 injections made TRC seem like a miracle cure. This
» statement was made prior to a public stock offering that mostly funded
» products other than TRC. After that, we were provided blanket statements
» that made it seem as if ICX had improved the product’s consistency beyond
» what had originally seemed to be a miracle cure. This was around the time
» ICX had announced a second public stock offering. All the while, ICX was
» releasing investor updates with bubbly speculative statements such as
» “commercial marketing in 2008 is a possibility” and “we expect phase III
» trials will be performed by such and such a date.”
»
» There is a 1000 times as much incriminating evidence out there with ICX
» than there ever was with Gho, and it is written in stone in public
» investor announcements that can be investigated and penalized by law. This
» does not mean that ICX is not on the level. It means you are clearly biased
» against Gho and in favor of ICX, and it shows.
»
» The fact is, neither Gho or ICX’ scientists are evil monsters. They are
» researchers who put in a massive amount of effort into achieving something
» that is very difficult to achieve. So far, neither research team has
» succeeded. And so far, neither research team has done anything different
» as far as ethical concerns go than the average biotech startup company in
» the US where ethics are closely monitored.
»
» Much like you speculated that donor regrowth was a made up lie to promote
» FM, and I later proved you wrong by supplying a link to an independent
» research study that proved Gho’s statements of donor regrowth to be 100%
» factual right down to the upper limit of consistency that could be
» expected, I am now calling you out on your continued bias and prejudice
» for and against particular research outfits based on your own personal
» vendettas. IMO, you spent years attacking and slandering an innocent man,
» his research, and his companies. In light of the latest developments of
» ICX TRC, I believe you owe Dr. Gho one heck of a personal apology. When
» the smoke settles, you have no more legitimate information against him
» than I have against ICX. Yet you don’t see me personally attacking the
» character or the morality ICX. They have have not deviated in the
» slightest from industry standard in my opinion, and are actually better
» than most.

I think we should just take hairsite’s advice and not try and look too deep into this just yet.

James Bond, I think you should learn to respect other’s oppinions.

I can’t understand, how, after all Gho’s broken promises, you still can’t accept that someone attacks Gho.
And you come here jumping at the neck of anyone who dares to disbelieve him.

Now I have said that I don’t want to talk about Gho.
I haven’t barely talked about Gho in … 2 years or more.
Yet you now want to start a fight with me about Gho!!!
And you constantly take every opportunity to trumpet that Gho is some kind of success,indirectly inciting many newbies to go to be treated by him!!!
Do whatever you want, JB, I personally couldn’t care less if you fool 1000 newbies into trying Gho’s procedures.
I am not the policeman of the forum anymore. I have better things to do.

Somehow, you are accusing me of being biased in favour of ICX, and against Gho! Somehow you say that I should appologize Gho, because I was unfair with him, and I am being nicer to ICX.

This is false:

1. I have been a supporter of ICX for all these years, because I considered that it was reasonable to “have faith”.
    There were advances
    The same happened with Gho. At the beginning, I supported Gho, until it was unbearable.
    I am applying the same treatment to Gho, Bazan, and ICX.
    In the last months, some red flags have started to appear, but I have been patient, because I thought that it was too soon to tell.

2. After this 18-March report, I have been very harsh with ICX. I thought there were already reasons to start criticism against ICX. And my attitude changed.
    Then, I found this PDF that I have posted in this thread, and I reflected, and then, my position softened again to an intermediate ground. And I published my
    new view. As you see, I am flexible. I am not pre-biased for or against anyone.

3. If ICX turns out to be a huge cloud of vapour, then I will treat them exactly as I treated Gho. Furthermore, if they, after failing, try to sell us something.

4. Somehow, you are trying to say that ICX has failed in the same way as Gho. At this point, this idea is laughable. Maybe in a few years, if all
    ICX projects fail, then you will be able to make that comparison. But not yet. That is why I think is too soon to attack ICX.

5. No, I am not going to appologize Gho.

Also, note that:

1. If you attack ICX now, I won’t jump at your neck. Maybe I disagree with you, but I would understand your criticism and I will respect it.
    For example, HangingInThere is hated in this forum because of his continued attacks to ICX. But yesterday, I calmly exchanged
    messages with him. I simply disagreed with him. No problem. I respect other’s oppinions, in general.
    If someone attacks ICX with wrong data, I simply post the correct data. Thats all.

I looked back and found JTR’s last post…it was entitled “Happy New Year, Alec and Everyone”. Ive pasted it for all of you:

"Happy New Year, Alec and Everyone… (Hair Multiplication & Research)
posted by John The Revelator, 03.01.2008, 04:25

Just trying to mind my own business, and ride out the year… my guess is there will be very small scale, limited commercialization of ICX-TRC, only in England (maybe 1 or 2 places, including the Farjo Clinic, of course), sometime around fall of 2008. Of course, I could be dead wrong. But I feel good about this, and I’m thinking positive."

Me again: This shows just how much many of us expected these latest trials to be a success, and a big one. Remember when ICX was talking about “limited, small-scale commercialization” on their website? Thats why Im so dissapointed. I really believed they were going to grow pretty decent hair this time round and let us know that a working product was achieved and although they intended to refine it further, that they were going to go ahead and team with Farjo and start selling this sometime in 09’ through his clinic or in Manchester at about 10K a head. Thats what I thought privately. JTR, who has researched this for years, apparently was confident too…hell, even more confident that I was. I assure all of you Im not a pessimist. Just the opposite. I guess the people at ICX are just as dissapointed as we are if indeed growth was meager. Or if one was a cynic they could speculate that ICX was trying to get money in the door for the skin stuff. Them dropping all further reserch unless someone steps in and underwrites them or even offering to sell it is a punch to the gut. We weren’t wrong to be confident. JTR is an astute man and well-read. He was nobody’s fool in the ways of business and legality. If he is still with us, Im sure he is as dissapointed as all of us are…

» I looked back and found JTR’s last post…it was
» entitled “Happy New Year, Alec and Everyone”. Ive pasted it for all of
» you:
»
»
»
»
» “Happy New Year, Alec and Everyone… (Hair Multiplication & Research)
» posted by John The Revelator, 03.01.2008, 04:25
»
»
» Just trying to mind my own business, and ride out the year… my guess is
» there will be very small scale, limited commercialization of ICX-TRC, only
» in England (maybe 1 or 2 places, including the Farjo Clinic, of course),
» sometime around fall of 2008. Of course, I could be dead wrong. But I feel
» good about this, and I’m thinking positive.”
»
»
»
»
»
» Me again: This shows just how much many of us expected
» these latest trials to be a success, and a big one. Remember when ICX was
» talking about “limited, small-scale commercialization” on their website?
» Thats why Im so dissapointed. I really believed they were going to grow
» pretty decent hair this time round and let us know that a working product
» was achieved and although they intended to refine it further, that they
» were going to go ahead and team with Farjo and start selling this sometime
» in 09’ through his clinic or in Manchester at about 10K a head. Thats what
» I thought privately. JTR, who has researched this for years, apparently
» was confident too…hell, even more confident that I was. I assure
» all of you Im not a pessimist. Just the opposite. I guess the people at
» ICX are just as dissapointed as we are if indeed growth was meager. Or if
» one was a cynic they could speculate that ICX was trying to get money in
» the door for the skin stuff. Them dropping all further reserch unless
» someone steps in and underwrites them or even offering to sell it is a
» punch to the gut. We weren’t wrong to be confident. JTR is an astute man
» and well-read. He was nobody’s fool in the ways of business and legality.
» If he is still with us, Im sure he is as dissapointed as all of us
» are…

I’m liking the attitude :smiley:

yes there is big chance of small scale commercialisation or even full commercialisaion since there is no phase III now

I would have been more upset if intercytex had said they will do phase III, that would have meant much longer wait for trc

if bosley give is trc then so what ?? y people upset ?? bosley will use intercytex instruments to do trc procedure, whoever does it it doesnt matter

its good that there is no phase III, its equally good that intercytex is patenining there no work, this means they dont want otehr to copy so it can only mean their results r good

» yes there is big chance of small scale commercialisation or even full
» commercialisaion since there is no phase III now

There is going to be NO phase III because ICX is quitting all further research unless someone else is willing to pay for it.»

» I would have been more upset if intercytex had said they will do phase
» III, that would have meant much longer wait for trc
All we know about TRC is that men had increases in areas of scalp that consisted of 13% increases to 103% increases. So if you had 10 hairs per square inch in almost totally bald scalp, at the best you might have 21 hairs post TRC if it worked like it did in the last trial that they (ICX) were willing to divulge information from»

» its good that there is no phase III (double negative), its equally good that intercytex is
» patenining there no work (“patenining there no work”? WTF-does that mean), this means they dont want otehr (sp)to copy so it
» can only mean their results r good (“r” good?)
You are probably pleasant in person when you are DRUNK, as you obviously are because of all the incorrect syntax and misspelled words you still are upbeat. I bet your friends love you and you are likeable.

Nevertheless, the news doesn’t “look good”. I want it more than anybody does, I assure you…but Im not going to find a silver lining in a tornado cloud in my interpretations of the meager data we have been given.

God bless you SSSSSS…I hope we all get our hair back, including you. I feel like a drink myself.

yeah, I think ssssss didn’t get it. :smiley:

opinions vary benji :slight_smile:

I remember when Dr Gho and Dr. Bazan were researching HM. JTR was often too optimistic, in my opin;-) ion.

I remember JTR making a prediction that by April 2004 HM would be commercialized.

While I respect JTR’s opinion, I personally thought that would be close to impossible since you need to consider that both doctors were doing research and both hit roadblocks along the way.

Research is usually a slow and tedious process that almost always hit road blocks and pauses in the research phases.

While I hope that I am wrong this time, don’t expect to have any type of commercialization in 2008.

Why?

First thing is that they will be distributing the complete Phase II data in 2009 H1.

Secondly, they haven’t done more than a small test patch on any of the present patients. ICX knows that it would take a large area to satisfy the public that it works and looks cosmetically acceptable. Yes, they may be able to convince a few desperate hair loss suffers to dish out some money but I don’t think a reputable company would go commercially until it can provide the facts.

Third reason is that ICX has admitted that they can’t continue on this alone and would ask someone else (eg. Bosley) to bring it out commercially. Bosley will probably wait for the completion of Phase II then determine if they should go commercially or go for Phase III. Bosley may not be in extreme rush since there is little competition at the moment and he still could sell his HTs.

Remember that we have no idea how well this is working. The data that has been provided does not show insurmountable proof that this is a success. Actually, I thought last years data was already vague. This week’s data on ICX is non scientific, to say the least! There may be the same inconsistency issues as Dr Gho discovered. They may very well need to refine their protocol and do more testing.

Again, I hope I am wrong and you all laugh at my comments and it does come out in the Fall of 2008. Hey, I would be laughing with you!!!

» I looked back and found JTR’s last post… JTR, who
» has researched this for years, apparently was confident too…

JTR has been saying this about every potenital HM product for years (Gho, Bazaan, etc.) In terms of providing false hope, he is one of the worst offenders on this board. He completely manipulates every statement a HM-related organization makes. JTR is not an optimist – he’s completely locked up in his own wishful thinking. Which is why every prediction he’s ever made has fallen flat on its face.

While I have nothing against JTR personally, I disregard what he has to say, by and large.

» I don’t like the idea of using it as a filler

It the choice is hairless forever or transplants with HM filler, I’d take transplants and filler in a heartbeat.

» » I looked back and found JTR’s last post… JTR,
» who
» » has researched this for years, apparently was confident too…
»
» JTR has been saying this about every potenital HM product for years (Gho,
» Bazaan, etc.) In terms of providing false hope, he is one of the worst
» offenders on this board. He completely manipulates every statement a
» HM-related organization makes. JTR is not an optimist – he’s completely
» locked up in his own wishful thinking. Which is why every prediction he’s
» ever made has fallen flat on its face.
»
» While I have nothing against JTR personally, I disregard what he has to
» say, by and large.