Questions about body hair transplants (for scars)

I’ve been reading a lot about how beard hair is a good source of hair to use on the donor area (including on strip scars) after a HT. I had FUE and strip surgeries, which have made it hard for me to buzz down to a #2-#3 (despite me having coarse hair). My questions are:

1. How many beard hairs does the average male have?
  2. Will just a few hundred beard hair grafts be enough to provide illusion of thicker density (including on a strip scar)?
  3. Does BHT extraction take longer than scalp hair extraction?
  4. Could there be permanent shock loss?
  5. Since hair multiplication is a possibility in the near future, would having beard hair placed in the donor area potentially impact the success of HM?

These are all out of curiosity. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks :).

» I’ve been reading a lot about how beard hair is a good source of hair to
» use on the donor area (including on strip scars) after a HT. I had FUE and
» strip surgeries, which have made it hard for me to buzz down to a #2-#3
» (despite me having coarse hair). My questions are:
»
» 1) How many beard hairs does the average male have?
» 2) Will just a few hundred beard hair grafts be enough to provide illusion
» of thicker density (including on a strip scar)?
» 3) Does BHT extraction take longer than scalp hair extraction?
» 4) Could there be permanent shock loss?
» 5) Since hair multiplication is a possibility in the near future, would
» having beard hair placed in the donor area potentially impact the success
» of HM?
»
»
» These are all out of curiosity. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks :).

I think you are banking too much on HM. If HM really works the way it is supposed to, i see no reason why HM will affect regrowth anywhere on your scalp, the only problem is that some companies come up with half ass HM treatments that don’t work. Right now your guess is as good as anyone’s

My best guess is that most males average above 5000 to 10,000 beard hair.

The amount needed for a specific strip scar may vary. Scalp hair or beard hair would be the optimal choice into the scar (body hair would be a last choice if no other source was remotely possible) .

Waiting on HM for something such as a strip scar is in my opinion wasting valuable time for something that can be covered effectively with scalp or beard hair.

17,000 body hair + 2000 scalp hair by Dr Umar

» My best guess is that most males average above 5000 to 10,000 beard hair.

I am skeptical the average men have 5000 to 10000 to spare but it got me thinking, most people (even for norwood 5 or norwood 6) can have more or less 5000 grafts from head donor. If we mix up 5000 from the scalp with 5000 from beard (as fillers), we will have close to 10,000, wouldn’t that solve the hair loss problem even for very bald people?

ipod that’s how I’ve always looked at it and banked my money on it as well. But what got me to think twice about it was the fact that not everyone has success with beard/body hair growth on their scalp. The photos we usually see are the successful growths…you and I will never see the failures posted online. Same goes for ordinary hair transplants; except hairtransplants are usually successfull at a higher rate.

I’m not knocking any doctor at ALL that performs body/beard fue. I actually condone and thank them all the time for their continued persistance in trying to perfect the procedure…if not for them we’d never have the option in the first place. I’m just saying it’s not guaranteed for everyone and too much hope should not be put into it. For the record, I personally plan on undergoing body/beard fue with either umar or arvind. Which is the ONLY reason why i still shave my damn body and not laser remove like i would love!

To be sure you’re the right candidate and whether or not you should bank your money on it, a test patch needs to be done and wait for the results. Umar and arvind both have a lot of successful videos and photos posted here online and the more i see them the more hope it gives me. Sofarsogood’s hairline is AMAZING.

heliboy, when u shave ure neck clean, how does it look? do they look like small razor bumps? small bumps? nothing? clean? is it visible? do u bleed at all when shaving? please advise.

» » My best guess is that most males average above 5000 to 10,000 beard hair.
»
»
» I am skeptical the average men have 5000 to 10000 to spare but it got me
» thinking, most people (even for norwood 5 or norwood 6) can have more or
» less 5000 grafts from head donor. If we mix up 5000 from the scalp with
» 5000 from beard (as fillers), we will have close to 10,000, wouldn’t that
» solve the hair loss problem even for very bald people?

» » My best guess is that most males average above 5000 to 10,000 beard hair.
»
»
» I am skeptical the average men have 5000 to 10000 to spare but it got me
» thinking, most people (even for norwood 5 or norwood 6) can have more or
» less 5000 grafts from head donor. If we mix up 5000 from the scalp with
» 5000 from beard (as fillers), we will have close to 10,000, wouldn’t that
» solve the hair loss problem even for very bald people?

I think Heliboy said 5000 to 10000 hairs, not grafts. Big difference there, I wonder if some doctors can confirm how many we can get from facial hairs, this may be the next best thing in hair transplant!

I still question the yield of BHT and the quality of the hair once it is grown out, but I do think it has its place as a last reserve if someone has exhausted the rest of their donor area and still needs coverage.

» » » My best guess is that most males average above 5000 to 10,000 beard
» hair.
» »
» »
» » I am skeptical the average men have 5000 to 10000 to spare but it got
» me
» » thinking, most people (even for norwood 5 or norwood 6) can have more
» or
» » less 5000 grafts from head donor. If we mix up 5000 from the scalp
» with
» » 5000 from beard (as fillers), we will have close to 10,000, wouldn’t
» that
» » solve the hair loss problem even for very bald people?
»
» I think Heliboy said 5000 to 10000 hairs, not grafts. Big difference
» there, I wonder if some doctors can confirm how many we can get from facial
» hairs, this may be the next best thing in hair transplant!

Good point. I think Dr. Umar said 2000-3000 easily but I don’t know if he was talking about grafts or hairs.