Question: would somebody please help me catch up?

Hey guys. I’ve been away for awhile and now that I come back, I’m reading all these post about at-home follica experiments. Now I just want to clarify. You guys are literally taking sandpaper to your heads, and growing hair as a result? Anybody able to give me the lowdown on this? Thanks.

» Hey guys. I’ve been away for awhile and now that I come back, I’m reading
» all these post about at-home follica experiments. Now I just want to
» clarify. You guys are literally taking sandpaper to your heads, and growing
» hair as a result? Anybody able to give me the lowdown on this? Thanks.

summary:

• icx does not seem to make it

• follica seems to need quite few years, they started very simple tests only, currently they are doing just biopsies to study healing, no hair regrowth expected atm

• aderans stopped publishing any news

• acell - something that regenerates tissues, works good in dogs, and regrew fur in dogs as well. problem is that recently we found that dogs grow fur back in their wounds even without acell. currently some HT docs are testing the stuff, I personally do not expect much though.

• all other previous hopes failed (including Neosh101).

• home made follica experiments - some guys read the patent, and found out that its WNT signaling and EGF signaling + wounding, so they wound their scalps and try various natural / other products that inhibit EGF and increase WNT in a hope that they would grow hair. I think Baccy got probably the best results so far – ie some semi terminal hair growth, and some of the hair may even be terminal, see his picture in the other thread

His growth looks a tiny bit better then mine growth I got in my temples after wounding only. His scale is much bigger for sure though.

Baccy is also aware of some mistakes he did, so the next time (which afaik he plans to do quite soon) he might have even better results.

That’s about the size of it.

– ICX hasn’t published any NEW nails in the coffin since this spring (I assume you knew about that one). But the operation is generally looking bad. Too many little things point to the company seriously losing faith in the TRC program.

– Neosh101 is, well, “dormant” right now. The company got bought out. The new owner has announced that they aren’t going to do anything with any of the old company’s projects for at least another year or two.

– ASC-J9? No news is good news.

– Acell is being tested on scalp/hair scenarios by one or more places now. You can read a million threads where people are declaring it a success or a failure, but that’s all basically just a bunch of impatient mental masturbation. We don’t know anything yet either way.

– Folica itself is starting to test on humans. At the risk of starting an argument, I might wildly guess them to be 5-6 years away from the market.

But I don’t think this is another “they say 5 years = it’s really at least a decade” situation. I’m thinking 5-6 years because the extreme too-optimistic calculation might be as low as 2 or 3 years according to some people.

Right now Folica looks closer than any operation has ever been in the past.

– People (including me) are starting to test Folica at home.

I agree that Baccy’s regrowth looks best of anything posted, although it’s just dots on the skin. The big deal is that he got a decent DENSE and THICK-SHAFT-LOOKING batch of follicles forming on an area that has been NW#7 slick-bald for many years.

» – ASC-J9? No news is good news.

Actually, they are planning on doing the phase-III for their cream version soon, and a phase-II for foam version in about a month.

nothing is working same as before
but that does not stop the whole board from drooling over anything rhat is even rumored to grow one hair

Ok then, so I assume, and correct me if I’m wrong, that what you grow back is related to the area it comes from? If you grew it in the front, top, or temples, it would fall out again. If you grew it in the back, it would stay, and you would thus have more hair to transplant to the other areas?

» » Hey guys. I’ve been away for awhile and now that I come back, I’m
» reading
» » all these post about at-home follica experiments. Now I just want to
» » clarify. You guys are literally taking sandpaper to your heads, and
» growing
» » hair as a result? Anybody able to give me the lowdown on this? Thanks.
»
»
»
» Ok then, so I assume, and correct me if I’m wrong, that what you grow back
» is related to the area it comes from? If you grew it in the front, top, or
» temples, it would fall out again. If you grew it in the back, it would
» stay, and you would thus have more hair to transplant to the other areas?

wth r u talking about? :slight_smile:

» » » Hey guys. I’ve been away for awhile and now that I come back, I’m
» » reading
» » » all these post about at-home follica experiments. Now I just want to
» » » clarify. You guys are literally taking sandpaper to your heads, and
» » growing
» » » hair as a result? Anybody able to give me the lowdown on this?
» Thanks.
» »
» »
» »
» » Ok then, so I assume, and correct me if I’m wrong, that what you grow
» back
» » is related to the area it comes from? If you grew it in the front, top,
» or
» » temples, it would fall out again. If you grew it in the back, it would
» » stay, and you would thus have more hair to transplant to the other
» areas?
»
» wth r u talking about? :slight_smile:

I’m asking if depending on where the hair grows back from follica treatment, does it act like hair would in that area. Hair that grows with follica in the back of the head stays in, hair in the MPB area falls out?

» » Hey guys. I’ve been away for awhile and now that I come back, I’m
» reading
» » all these post about at-home follica experiments. Now I just want to
» » clarify. You guys are literally taking sandpaper to your heads, and
» growing
» » hair as a result? Anybody able to give me the lowdown on this? Thanks.
»
» nothing is working same as before
» but that does not stop the whole board from drooling over anything rhat is
» even rumored to grow one hair
And it does not stop you from taking a dump on people. So yes it is ‘same ol same ol’

Folica is most likely gonna regrow exactly what was originally there, DHT resistant or not.

But that would still buy us a lot. Even if the hairs get MPB-thinned as quickly as the old ones, they will still probably last as long as our original hairs lasted between puberty and when they got bad. That’s at least 20 years for most guys. After that we could just redo the Folica procedure again.

Another unknown issues is whether the new hairs will react differently because they didn’t get the puberty-exposure of hormones like the original hairs did. I believe researchers have discovered that when (DHT-sensitive) hairs aren’t exposed to hormones during puberty, then they don’t ever go bald even if they do get exposed to hormones later.