Question to Hangin

Hey Hangin…
Just want to get you up to speed…About a year or so ago…I posted this board regarding elevated thinning and fallout due to a small hair transplant (500 grafts) to the left and right side of my hairline…There was a lot of pitting and thinning and I was desperate for a solution…
I tried propecia and the sides were too much…my hair was going downhill fast…and I tried Hangin’s regimin which help to stabilize the condition of my hair…Since then I had dropped the Saw Palmetto (thought I was getting tenderness in breasts)…and added Rogaine Foam and Hair Max Lazer brush and Nizoral 1% shampoo 2x a week…and was keeping near everything I had,maybe noticing 10 - 20 hairs being lost per day.
Recently I took a surfing/camping trip to Mexico…and thought I could the 10 days without the Rogaine/Lazer Comb (no facilities and basically camping in the dirt),but upon returning home…I had a major shed in my case…between 60-100 hairs per day for about a week…it’s stabilized now…
My question is…for your past shedding periods…is there anything you did to replace the lost hairs…I can tell you each time I ran my hand through my hair…I would pull about 5-10 hairs out…which has never really happened to me…now that it’s stopped…I’m wondering how to go about getting it back…being back on Rogaine and Lazer Comb…I Believe has helped signifigantly…since going without them for a little over a week caused such a major shed…
Thanks again Hangin for your help in the past…
Bobby
P.S.,previously I had posted unded a different nickname…but it was so long ago…I couldn’t remember it…so to anyone who will be fishing for a conspiracy…there’s your answer…

» Hey Hangin…
» Just want to get you up to speed…About a year or so ago…I posted this
» board regarding elevated thinning and fallout due to a small hair
» transplant (500 grafts) to the left and right side of my hairline…There
» was a lot of pitting and thinning and I was desperate for a solution…
» I tried propecia and the sides were too much…my hair was going downhill
» fast…and I tried Hangin’s regimin which help to stabilize the condition
» of my hair…Since then I had dropped the Saw Palmetto (thought I was
» getting tenderness in breasts)…and added Rogaine Foam and Hair Max Lazer
» brush and Nizoral 1% shampoo 2x a week…and was keeping near everything I
» had,maybe noticing 10 - 20 hairs being lost per day.
» Recently I took a surfing/camping trip to Mexico…and thought I could the
» 10 days without the Rogaine/Lazer Comb (no facilities and basically camping
» in the dirt),but upon returning home…I had a major shed in my
» case…between 60-100 hairs per day for about a week…it’s stabilized
» now…
» My question is…for your past shedding periods…is there anything you
» did to replace the lost hairs…I can tell you each time I ran my hand
» through my hair…I would pull about 5-10 hairs out…which has never
» really happened to me…now that it’s stopped…I’m wondering how to go
» about getting it back…being back on Rogaine and Lazer Comb…I Believe
» has helped signifigantly…since going without them for a little over a
» week caused such a major shed…
» Thanks again Hangin for your help in the past…
» Bobby
» P.S.,previously I had posted unded a different nickname…but it was so
» long ago…I couldn’t remember it…so to anyone who will be fishing for a
» conspiracy…there’s your answer…

as far as sheds i would not worry about them much
I usually dont have what most guys consider sheds, from regimens, though i did have one from nizoral cream, but did not see visible hairs falling, just a thinning in the top front,

but as far as day to day fallout, hell over the last 25 yrs this has happend to me countless times for countless reasons. When i was just on the vits and minerals no dht blockers, it was a day to day thing depending on my diet, my fallout, too much red meat one day, boom next day shed, too much salt in my food, next day shed, eat too much sugar, next day big shed, so I would not worry about it, it always grew back, I do not think these sheds are hard to regrow, I must have had that happen to me `100s of times

Interesting and thanks for the update Jailbird.

What is your complete regimen at this time? Also, do you like the Rogaine foam better than the spray?

Am interested to know your exact regimen…

» Interesting and thanks for the update Jailbird.
»
» What is your complete regimen at this time? Also, do you like the Rogaine
» foam better than the spray?
»
» Am interested to know your exact regimen…

Thanks Hangin,
I was trying not to worry too much,but in the light my hair does appear thinner,I think it’s from stress…and being in a dirty environment without being able to shower and having all that salt water drying in my hair everyday,plus the fact I didn’t have the Lazer or Rogaine…

Hi Hairs…I’ll try to give you a brief description of my regimen…I started it I believe about a year ago…not sure the exact date,I had picked it up from Hangin’s regimen…I take the Maxi Hair twice a day,plus an Amino Mineral Chelate,I’m not sure the brand,but I get it at Whole Foods…I also do the Lazer Comb 3x a week…plus Rogaine Foam once a day…I double dose it so I can cover my whole scalp…I feel the foam worked great on my temple areas…and yes…I do like the foam better than the Rogaine Spray…simply for the fact that the spray would give me heart palpitations in the past and I haven’t experienced that with the foam…

I used incorporate Saw Palmetto with Pygeum and nettles like Hangin,and Horsetail and MSM condrotin,I stopped the saw palmetto because I felt some breast tenderness,but I can’t be sure it was from the SP,because I was also gaining weight at the time,that I have since lost…so who knows if the saw palmetto caused it…I’m hurting in the pocket right now,so I had to drop the Horsetail and MSM…

Once I get back on my feet I’ll reincorporate the Horsetail and MSM…and I’d also like to get back on the Nettles and Pygeum…as I believe they may offer a lesser dose of DHT blocker to help my cause,so I won’t react to it…

I can tell you that when I was incorporating the whole regimen…I saw good results…my hair rebounded because it was going downhill fast…and I would say about 5 months into the regimen I saw the best results…I remember cutting my hair short and it looked pretty good,and the hairs were thicker…you could see no thin spots that had been apparant when my hair was longer,and on the borders of the transplanst…

Now,my hair is looking thin again in certain lights…I believe it’s regressed a bit from the aformentioned pause in my regimen over the 10 days I was gone,plus not using the DHT blockers and MSM/Horsetail combo…over the past few months

My feeling is it’s best to tackle this with a daily regimen…and be disciplined…I have Hangin to thank for that…so…I’m hoping like he says that I can rebound from this regression…

Personally I don’t really look like I’m going bald…I do have a bit of a high forehead,from recession and a diffuse thinning that I believe was caused by the HT a year and a half ago…I do have some thin patches around where the grafts were placed…so I do my best to cover them…but yes…some days are good,some days are bad,I guess depending on diet,stress factors and the discipline I used with my regimen…also…one more thing…sometimes I would take a day off or use 1/2 the regimen as I didn’t want to overload my body with supplements…a sort of detox per say…

Peace…
bobby

» » Interesting and thanks for the update Jailbird.
» »
» » What is your complete regimen at this time? Also, do you like the
» Rogaine
» » foam better than the spray?
» »
» » Am interested to know your exact regimen…
»
» Thanks Hangin,
» I was trying not to worry too much,but in the light my hair does appear
» thinner,I think it’s from stress…and being in a dirty environment
» without being able to shower and having all that salt water drying in my
» hair everyday,plus the fact I didn’t have the Lazer or Rogaine…
»
» Hi Hairs…I’ll try to give you a brief description of my regimen…I
» started it I believe about a year ago…not sure the exact date,I had
» picked it up from Hangin’s regimen…I take the Maxi Hair twice a
» day,plus an Amino Mineral Chelate,I’m not sure the brand,but I get it
» at Whole Foods…I also do the Lazer Comb 3x a week…plus Rogaine Foam once
» a day…I double dose it so I can cover my whole scalp…I feel the foam
» worked great on my temple areas…and yes…I do like the foam better than
» the Rogaine Spray…simply for the fact that the spray would give me heart
» palpitations in the past and I haven’t experienced that with the foam…
»
» I used incorporate Saw Palmetto with Pygeum and nettles like Hangin,and
» Horsetail and MSM condrotin,I stopped the saw palmetto because I felt
» some breast tenderness,but I can’t be sure it was from the SP,because I
» was also gaining weight at the time,that I have since lost…so who knows
» if the saw palmetto caused it…I’m hurting in the pocket right now,so I
» had to drop the Horsetail and MSM…
»
» Once I get back on my feet I’ll reincorporate the Horsetail and MSM…and
» I’d also like to get back on the Nettles and Pygeum…as I believe they
» may offer a lesser dose of DHT blocker to help my cause,so I won’t react
» to it…
»
» I can tell you that when I was incorporating the whole regimen…I saw
» good results…my hair rebounded because it was going downhill fast…and
» I would say about 5 months into the regimen I saw the best results…I
» remember cutting my hair short and it looked pretty good,and the hairs
» were thicker…you could see no thin spots that had been apparant when my
» hair was longer,and on the borders of the transplanst…
»
» Now,my hair is looking thin again in certain lights…I believe it’s
» regressed a bit from the aformentioned pause in my regimen over the 10
» days I was gone,plus not using the DHT blockers and MSM/Horsetail
» combo…over the past few months
»
» My feeling is it’s best to tackle this with a daily regimen…and be
» disciplined…I have Hangin to thank for that…so…I’m hoping like he
» says that I can rebound from this regression…
»
» Personally I don’t really look like I’m going bald…I do have a bit of a
» high forehead,from recession and a diffuse thinning that I believe was
» caused by the HT a year and a half ago…I do have some thin patches around
» where the grafts were placed…so I do my best to cover them…but
» yes…some days are good,some days are bad,I guess depending on
» diet,stress factors and the discipline I used with my regimen…also…one
» more thing…sometimes I would take a day off or use 1/2 the regimen as I
» didn’t want to overload my body with supplements…a sort of detox per
» say…
»
» Peace…
» bobby

I am off my daily regimen regular dose since I am in the Philippines and cant buy it here have to order another 6 months supply from the USA again, so Im being careful and taking half as much at most, but when i do that for a long time my hair goes downhill within a few months, then when i go back on the regimen strictly it rebounds