Question For Pats205 Please

Hey Pats,

Hey Pats, can you help me out with a question please?

Its going to be fathers day on tomorrow, which is going to be day 17 post op for me. Nobody can know what i have done, and im going to have to see my father on fathers day. The scabs havent fallen out yet either.

I bought a fitted cap that is a size bigger than my head so it will be loose fitting, but how the heck can i wear it and not touch the grafts when i had grafts put into zones 1 & 2 and the temples/front hairline?. This seems impossible to do, and i dont want to mess up the HT, but i need to hide it. I dont have any bandanas either and have never worn one in my life so thats not an option. Now matter what the hat is going to be lightly rested and slightly touching the grafts, but only for 10-15 minutes then i have to take off anyways and can remove my hat

What the heck can i do? Thanks!

Hey Rawman,

Try sitting the hat on the crown area so it rests mostly on the crown with the lid resting upwards. I was able to wear my hat without it really touching the grafts in the front that way. For only 15 minutes I think you can pull it off! At 17 days those grafts are firmly in place. Make sure the hat is clean and not rubbing on the grafts causing any irritation.

I would do a washing afterwards of the grafts as well.

Good luck tomorrow :slight_smile:

Rawman, you are going to be just fine. Let us know how it goes.

» Rawman, you are going to be just fine. Let us know how it goes.

Hey guys, okay great thanks so much for the help i appreciate it! I love my Armani brothers lol! Great support! I cant wait untill 3 weeks when im done with the Vitamin E oil, i can begin my life again lol and just wait for those suckers to grow in! Cheers!

» » Rawman, you are going to be just fine. Let us know how it goes.
»
»
» Hey guys, okay great thanks so much for the help i appreciate it! I love
» my Armani brothers lol! Great support! I cant wait untill 3 weeks when im
» done with the Vitamin E oil, i can begin my life again lol and just wait
» for those suckers to grow in! Cheers!

Let us know how it goes Rawman.

» » » Rawman, you are going to be just fine. Let us know how it goes.
» »
» »
» » Hey guys, okay great thanks so much for the help i appreciate it! I
» love
» » my Armani brothers lol! Great support! I cant wait untill 3 weeks when
» im
» » done with the Vitamin E oil, i can begin my life again lol and just
» wait
» » for those suckers to grow in! Cheers!
»
» Let us know how it goes Rawman.

Hi Pats, it went good with no problems, thanks.

I had another question though if you dont mind. Im 22 days post op, and took a light luke warm shower on the grafts without touching them, like the post op instructions say to do. After i got out of the shower i noticed a few hairs came out. Is this okay? I still have most of my scabbing still and most of my grafts are still in place. I dont know why its taking so long for my scabs to fall out, mabye because the recepient area is dense and its holding the scabs in.

So after i let the recepient area air dry, i tried putting on a t-shirt for the first time since the procedure, and i tried getting it over my head without touching the grafts but my shirt touched the grafts a little bit and a few grafts at the temples came out. Is this okay? Are those going to grow back?

I dont know what to do i cant even get a shirt over my head without touch grafts since i had 3500 FUE in Zones 1 and 2 including the temples. I have to go out in a couple days and i need to wear a hat, and no matter what i try the hat is going to be gently resting on the grafts, there is no way around it. Is this going to mess things up? Boy this first month is really hard to get by with your regular life!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Rawman,

No worries my friend, at 22 days it is perfectly normal for those hairs to start shedding, everything is normal.

As well, you are fine to wear a loose ballcap at 3 weeks.

» Hi Rawman,
»
» No worries my friend, at 22 days it is perfectly normal for those hairs to
» start shedding, everything is normal.
»
» As well, you are fine to wear a loose ballcap at 3 weeks.

Hi Pats, wonderfull, i really appreciate the help, thanks so much, my mind is at ease now. Now the waiting game! Thanks again!

» » Hi Rawman,
» »
» » No worries my friend, at 22 days it is perfectly normal for those hairs
» to
» » start shedding, everything is normal.
» »
» » As well, you are fine to wear a loose ballcap at 3 weeks.
»
»
» Hi Pats, wonderfull, i really appreciate the help, thanks so much, my mind
» is at ease now. Now the waiting game! Thanks again!

Hey Pats, i was wondering if you could help me out with a couple more questions if you dont mind.

I see here in the post op instructions PDF file i got, it says no hair cuts for 3 months, but in the portfolio binder, Q & A section, it says you can get a haircut after 2 months. So is it 2 or 3 months? And can i buzz my hair myself with a number 0 gaurd? Reason i wanted to do this so the HT blends in better with my existing hair in the early growth stages where the recepient area is growing a lot slower than the rest of my hair making it look obvious something is going on with my hair.

Also, after 1 month post op the instructions say i can touch the recepient area. I still have dried scabs 25 days post op and would like these gone asap so i can actully rub the Minoxidil into these areas. So after 1 month can i wash the scabs out in the shower or is it best to just let them fall out?

Thanks for the help!

Rawman,

Once you hit the 4 week mark you can go back to your normal washing routine and those crusts will come off.

» Rawman,
»
» Once you hit the 4 week mark you can go back to your normal washing
» routine and those crusts will come off.

Hey Pats, okay thats wonderful, perfect timing as i have to get back to work next week. Thanks!