Question for Armani Patients

Hi:

I am having FUE surgery with Dr. Armani on September 2nd. I was under the impression that I would have to stay a full week, however I was just told by the patient coordinator that I could leave the very next day. She also said that if I didn’t leave the next day, I would need to stay a full week because swelling begins to set-in 2 days post op. My question to other Armani patients – when did swelling begin to set-in? Is there anyone who had swelling the very next day? The last thing I want is for my head to balloon to twice its size while I’m on my flight back home. Is it safe to travel the next day or should I stay the whole week?

Also, what causes the swelling? It seems that I’ve read here before that it is caused by the saline solution that Dr. Armani uses, however, the patient coordinator led me to believe that it’s caused my the meds. Any feedback to my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

ACA

What she told you is correct. It’s best the fly home soon after the procedure. Based on the posts in the forum and my own experience, swelling usually doesn’t happen until about 2 days post op. Once it starts, you don’t want to go anywhere.

Check out Muscleboy’s journal. Follow the page sequence at the bottom. There is a page where you can see some of the swelling pics.
http://hairsite.com/serendipity/authors/14-MuscleBoy/P2.html

Hello ACA,

It is best to fly out the very next day. For me the swelling started about half way through the 2nd day, or actually later that evening on the 2nd day.

For both of my procedures I woke up the next morning after surgery, went to the clinic for a cleaning and checkup, then headed to the airport for my early afternoon flight home. I made it home later the night the day after surgery long before the swelling started the next day. If you follow these instructions you will be just fine.

i literally had almost zero swelling but i only had 2200 grafts done. i left 2 days after

I guess I’ll be heading out the next day. Should save me a fair amount on hotel accommodations.

» Hi:
»
» I am having FUE surgery with Dr. Armani on September 2nd. I was under the
» impression that I would have to stay a full week, however I was just told
» by the patient coordinator that I could leave the very next day. She also
» said that if I didn’t leave the next day, I would need to stay a full week
» because swelling begins to set-in 2 days post op. My question to other
» Armani patients – when did swelling begin to set-in? Is there anyone who
» had swelling the very next day? The last thing I want is for my head to
» balloon to twice its size while I’m on my flight back home. Is it safe to
» travel the next day or should I stay the whole week?
»
» Also, what causes the swelling? It seems that I’ve read here before that
» it is caused by the saline solution that Dr. Armani uses, however, the
» patient coordinator led me to believe that it’s caused my the meds. Any
» feedback to my questions would be greatly appreciated.
»
» Regards,
»
» ACA

ACA,

best of luck to you, let us know how it goes!

I had my procedure Almost a month & half ago with Alvi Armani in Toronto and right after the procedure I felt completely fine I could have driven if I wanted to. There’s no swelling after surgery but swelling will start to develop later on at night. I really did not notice severe swelling till the 2&3rd day, 4&5th swelling went away. Make sure you take you antibiotic’s on time and sleep at a 90 deg angle to help bing the swelling down…I really did not use my pain medications because I hardly felt any pain afterwards. You should be alright I was back to work the 4th day. After your procedure they will give you a portfolio that has everything you need to know about your surgery, medications, swelling, recovery, vitamins, etc. …make sure you follow instructions thats very important!

Good Luck,

ACA:

I had a 1500-graft FUE at AlviArmani in Los Angeles on June 6. I flew out the next morning after my post-op checkup. I did not experience very much swelling. I was told it was due to the freezing solution. On the other hand, I had a strip procedure with AlviArmani in Toronto in 2003 and, again, left the following morning. After a 3 hour flight and sitting in the airport for half the day, I arrived home that evening (around 6:00 p.m.) and my head was swelled up like a basketball. It all depends on the amount of freezing solution used and the extent of the surgery. I HIGHLY recommend that you get out of town as soon as humanly practical following your procedure. You do NOT want to be stuck in a hotel for a week. You will be climbing the walls. Good luck on your procedure!

» Hi:
»
» I am having FUE surgery with Dr. Armani on September 2nd. I was under the
» impression that I would have to stay a full week, however I was just told
» by the patient coordinator that I could leave the very next day. She also
» said that if I didn’t leave the next day, I would need to stay a full week
» because swelling begins to set-in 2 days post op. My question to other
» Armani patients – when did swelling begin to set-in? Is there anyone who
» had swelling the very next day? The last thing I want is for my head to
» balloon to twice its size while I’m on my flight back home. Is it safe to
» travel the next day or should I stay the whole week?
»
» Also, what causes the swelling? It seems that I’ve read here before that
» it is caused by the saline solution that Dr. Armani uses, however, the
» patient coordinator led me to believe that it’s caused my the meds. Any
» feedback to my questions would be greatly appreciated.
»
» Regards,
»
» ACA

Hi ACA,

Good luck with your procedure in September.
I didnt have much swelling until the third day. My flight home was 10hours so I was required to stay atleast a week. I stayed the whole month which felt like forever, but work from my laptop so kept busy and got to know the Dr quite well also. The other thing is if you stay 2 weeks you will see the doc in person for your 2 week preop appointment rather than consult via the internet.
Regards hairwhereiwantit))