Question about Histogen

They plan to release this stuff in Asia in 2013 or around that time.

Their most recent test involved just a single injection of their stuff into the scalp and observing that hair counts kept increasing (even upto a year) which is how long they observed it.

They say they are testing the effect of multiple injections of their stuff instead of just a single injection to see if that increases hair counts further.

Now one question : supposing multiple injections do increase hair counts dramatically. How will this work for us here in North America or Europe when they release it in Asia? Will we have to make 4 or 5 trips a year to Asia to get the stuff injected into our scalp? That will be expensive as hell.

In 2012 or so, they should work towards opening up an office in some place like Mexico or something where we can get the procedure done without busting our bank accounts flying all over the place.

Either that or they should come up with a system of placing a patch underneath our scalp that slowly releases the goodies over time into our balding heads. Or maybe let us import the stuff ourselves from Asia and allows us to ‘self-medicate’ by injecting ourselves with it. That would be the best option. With all kinds of FDA regulations, I wonder if that is possible.

Maybe someone could bring this up with them otherwise we’ll surely lose another 2 or 3 more years trying to figure it out after its released in 2013. Khalil or googoo…how about asking them?

» They plan to release this stuff in Asia in 2013 or around that time.
»
» Their most recent test involved just a single injection of their stuff
» into the scalp and observing that hair counts kept increasing (even upto a
» year) which is how long they observed it.
»
» They say they are testing the effect of multiple injections of their stuff
» instead of just a single injection to see if that increases hair counts
» further.
»
» Now one question : supposing multiple injections do increase hair counts
» dramatically. How will this work for us here in North America or Europe
» when they release it in Asia? Will we have to make 4 or 5 trips a year to
» Asia to get the stuff injected into our scalp? That will be expensive as
» hell.
»
» In 2012 or so, they should work towards opening up an office in some place
» like Mexico or something where we can get the procedure done without
» busting our bank accounts flying all over the place.
»
» Either that or they should come up with a system of placing a patch
» underneath our scalp that slowly releases the goodies over time into our
» balding heads. Or maybe let us import the stuff ourselves from Asia and
» allows us to ‘self-medicate’ by injecting ourselves with it. That would be
» the best option. With all kinds of FDA regulations, I wonder if that is
» possible.
»
» Maybe someone could bring this up with them otherwise we’ll surely lose
» another 2 or 3 more years trying to figure it out after its released in
» 2013. Khalil or googoo…how about asking them?

lol… there are plenty of filthy rich asians… i dont think that their primary concern is providing this treatment to every tom dick and harry in the US. I also doubt they are planning on releasing time-lapse patches to implant under your scalp… lol… you sound nuts. It is also extremely unlikely that they will officially let consumers “self-medicate” by injecting a non-FDA approved substance yourself.
You will probably have to keep flying to Asia… simple as that… however as seen in the press releases… histogen showed an improvement even beyond the 1 year time mark. So I wld think that treating onself with Histogen once a year is sufficient… i highly doubt that a double dosing gives double the results…

Obviously i know there are plenty of rich asians.

But the way the economy is going, there are going to be plenty of poor bald americans. Its for the latter that i’m asking.

Why would you doubt that more frequent administration of the stuff would not produce a better result. From their tests, the highest concentration of it produced the best result.

I would assume a higher concentration + more frequent usage would result in even better results.

As per the FDA rules, we are allowed to import upto 3 months worth of medicine for self-usage. So why wouldn’t they be able to ship it in?

» Obviously i know there are plenty of rich asians.
»
» But the way the economy is going, there are going to be plenty of poor bald
» americans. Its for the latter that i’m asking.
»
» Why would you doubt that more frequent administration of the stuff would
» not produce a better result. From their tests, the highest concentration
» of it produced the best result.
»
» I would assume a higher concentration + more frequent usage would result in
» even better results.
»
» As per the FDA rules, we are allowed to import upto 3 months worth of
» medicine for self-usage. So why wouldn’t they be able to ship it in?

i think if you can get a doctor to write a script for that, then you can import the stuff no problem, which is not a bad idea in my opinion, I am sure there are plenty of quack doctors who are willing to write a script for just about anything.

» » Obviously i know there are plenty of rich asians.
» »
» » But the way the economy is going, there are going to be plenty of poor
» bald
» » americans. Its for the latter that i’m asking.
» »
» » Why would you doubt that more frequent administration of the stuff would
» » not produce a better result. From their tests, the highest
» concentration
» » of it produced the best result.
» »
» » I would assume a higher concentration + more frequent usage would result
» in
» » even better results.
» »
» » As per the FDA rules, we are allowed to import upto 3 months worth of
» » medicine for self-usage. So why wouldn’t they be able to ship it in?
»
» i think if you can get a doctor to write a script for that, then you can
» import the stuff no problem, which is not a bad idea in my opinion, I am
» sure there are plenty of quack doctors who are willing to write a script
» for just about anything.

the doc would have to be preeetty whack to risk his neck by administering a on approved drug. Its not the same as docs perscribing dutasterid which is an approved drug - just not for hairloss. I’m not convinced it will be easy to find a doctor willing to do that.

I’m not familiar with FDA regulations but… importing 3 months worth of medicine for self-use applies for non-approved drugs as well??

well the main problem is that the stuff that histogen makes has to be grown from our own cells if i’m not mistaken. So its not something we can just import or am I wrong?

So unless they preserve our cells in a blood bank or something, we’re going to have to fly to Asia to get this done.

Someone really needs to alert them to the EXPENSE for North American and European customers. It would be better if they had something close by and planned for it AHEAD of time instead of having us wait forever.

We have just one life to live and its a damn shame watching year after year go by without our hair due to beaurocracy. And that is assuming Histogen even has the treatment it claims to have.

So far we have seen no before & after pictures of the 1 year patients.

» well the main problem is that the stuff that histogen makes has to be grown
» [IS NOT!!]from our own cells if i’m not mistaken. So its not something we can just
» import or am I wrong?

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-77695.html#p78128

» from our own cells if i’m not mistaken. So its not something we can just
» import or am I wrong?
»
» So unless they preserve our cells in a blood bank or something, we’re going
» to have to fly to Asia to get this done.
»
» Someone really needs to alert them to the EXPENSE for North American and
» European customers. It would be better if they had something close by and
» planned for it AHEAD of time instead of having us wait forever.
»
» We have just one life to live and its a damn shame watching year after year
» go by without our hair due to beaurocracy. And that is assuming Histogen
» even has the treatment it claims to have.
»
» So far we have seen no before & after pictures of the 1 year patients.

unlike Aderans where your own cells are extracted and multiplied… the drug which histogen is working on is not custom made from your own biomaterial.

» from our own cells if i’m not mistaken. So its not something we can just
» import or am I wrong?

no, you guys think growth factors always have to be taken from our own bodies, that’s not true, i think they are adding stuff like wnt and vegf to the lotion or cream, i wouldn’t be surprised when the stuff is available in Asia, customers in other countries can order that online too and have them ship.

there is a big difference between what Histogen does and Aderans,

ok my mistake, they isolate growth factors and proteins but their formulation does not have to be cultured from a person’s own cells.

it will be interesting to see what the before-after (full head picture) results of their study from more frequent usage of their product is instead of just one shot at baseline.

how is Aderans doing, any updates. What’s their timeline or do they have none?

» ok my mistake, they isolate growth factors and proteins but their
» formulation does not have to be cultured from a person’s own cells.
»
» it will be interesting to see what the before-after (full head picture)
» results of their study from more frequent usage of their product is instead
» of just one shot at baseline.
»
» how is Aderans doing, any updates. What’s their timeline or do they have
» none?

Yes but the point is, right now i wouldnt do such thing as DIY-experiments. Maybe ther is a chance that you destroy or damage anything and therefore not be able to get HM the normal way.

Freddie555…because you are raising this type of line? already really exists a treatment of histogen for our problem? … It does not exist. histogen this in the start of its clinical assays, had not shown despite they can give a full head of hair for one norwood 6, but exactly thus you comes here and raises this type of line… STOP with this type of garbage.

their clinical assay is based on a single injection of their mixture which showed increasing hair count & hair shaft diameter results for upto a year and possibly beyond. they only studied it for a year more so for safety rather than anything else.

Histogen believes that their mixture creates new follicles. I don’t know whether that is true. I don’t understand why they don’t test it on a perfectly bald area to see if it really is the case instead of guessing.

Anyway, I’d like to see what the result of monthly or perhaps even weekly injections of this stuff actually does for MPB.

That being said I know there’s not going to be a cure while I’m still young. In another 10 years, there might be a couple more treatments in the pipeline like Histogen but we’ll still be waiting for a cure which will be “5 years away”.

OK… then waits until really some company or doctor in shows to one real, true cure with photos and videos to them of one norwood 6 for norwood 1, exploit that nobody still obtained… aderans, histogen, tricoschience, intercytex, follica…

Hello…I have a question,do you think that HSC injection could save existing hair which is estimated to disappear (because of DHT),if that could be possible then it won’t be problem to get treatment every 0,5 ,1,2 or 5 years just to save that hair + more new hair. Rest of the bald spots you can just fix whit HT surgery and of course get perfect hairline.That would be great because we could buy us some time for real cure. So do you think is that possible that HSC could SAVE our EXISTING DHT dependent hair for all life if we get treatment every time when it’s needed. Sorry for my bad english…

» So do you
» think is that possible that HSC could SAVE our EXISTING DHT dependent hair
» for all life if we get treatment every time when it’s needed.

Nobody knows as the only study ever conducted so far with HSC is with one injection at baseline. So far it looks promising. I’m hoping tests with more frequent injections will result in more and thicker hair.

We can hopefully expect the results of their trials sometime in mid 2012 assuming they start testing soon.

But there are so many let downs in this industry, I would not get my hopes up until we see solid evidence of a Norwood 7 guy turn into a Norwood 2.

From histogen’s trials…

4 areas of the patients scalp were treated differently. I think (not sure) the bald region was broken up into 4 areas :

1. One with a higher dosage of histogen
  2. One with a lower dosage of histogen
  3. One with wounding by a laser (don’t know if histogen was added?)
  4. One control area

All areas look like they were shaved first.

The area with the best results turned out to be the area of higher dosage of histogen. So far the optimal dosage and frequency of application has not been worked out, this test was just to see if it worked and was safe (which it was).

Picture was taken then to count the number of follicles, probably after shaving it again.

I’ll try to dig up more info on the 4 areas as I’m sure I got it wrong but I have no time now.

I’ll try to dig up more info

»
»
» From histogen’s trials…
»
» 4 areas of the patients scalp were treated differently. I think (not
» sure) the bald region was broken up into 4 areas :
»
» 1. One with a higher dosage of histogen
» 2. One with a lower dosage of histogen
» 3. One with wounding by a laser (don’t know if histogen was added?)
» 4. One control area
»
» All areas look like they were shaved first.
»
» The area with the best results turned out to be the area of higher dosage
» of histogen. So far the optimal dosage and frequency of application has
» not been worked out, this test was just to see if it worked and was safe
» (which it was).
»
» Picture was taken then to count the number of follicles, probably after
» shaving it again.
»
» I’ll try to dig up more info on the 4 areas as I’m sure I got it wrong but
» I have no time now.
»
» I’ll try to dig up more info

this is old news… nevertheless interesting… What i dont understand is if or if not the hair was shaven…

the untreated area is a complete hairless hole in his head. but the hair looks like it was shaven for the photograph… If it was not shaven then that is an AMAZING difference to the other regions… almost too hard to believe…

The good thing is also that those comeback hairs and the direct sourroundings looks healthy. i mean really healthy.

And yes unfortunatley they just test this for security resons out of the blue. But for this kind of low as* no effort thing its pretty amazing and can really transform a NW7 to a NW1

So the only thing annoying is in fact the waiting time and to resist go for a hair transplant

» So the only thing annoying is in fact the waiting time and to resist go for
» a hair transplant

I agree, i want to get 2000 grafts to midscalp and temple area but im waiting on some new from Histogen.

If i hear nothing by spring 2012 im going for a HT with Dr Keser