Proscar sides?

I’m 22 and have been on proscar for about a year and a half. The only side I have is slighty watery ejaculation, is this anything to worry about?

Also am I at risk of losing my ability to have kids later in life or anything like that?

» I’m 22 and have been on proscar for about a year and a half. The only side
» I have is slighty watery ejaculation, is this anything to worry about?
»
» Also am I at risk of losing my ability to have kids later in life or
» anything like that?

That is a well documented side effect and no it won’t harm your chances of having kids in the future.

No the side effect should not affect later life down below.

noone knows for sure… google for this site there are many stories there about this drug

www.propeciasideeffects.com is the url i think

» noone knows for sure… google for this site there are many stories there
» about this drug
»
» www.propeciasideeffects.com is the url i think

The drug has been study very extensively, it will not affect sperm motility.

At present, there is little evidence that finasteride has a negative effect on sperm count or morphology. The longest double-blind, placebo controlled study of 181 men with AGA, randomized to receive either finasteride 1 mg or placebo for 48 weeks, found no significant effects on sperm concentration, total sperm per ejaculate, sperm motility, or sperm morphology. The authors conclude that testosterone—and not DHT—is the primary androgen regulating spermatogenesis, sperm maturation, and seminal fluid production in the testis, epididymis, and seminal vesicle. One recent study did find a significant drop in sperm count by 34% after 26 weeks of once-daily finasteride 5 mg, but the change became smaller and then was insignificant by week 52 and again on the 24-week follow-up. There were no effects on sperm morphology.

One very small study recruited three men who had been on finasteride 1 mg/day for 5 years for sperm analysis. Using a transmission electron microscope, researchers found altered sperm morphology consistent with necrosis. One of these patients was azoospermic, and two showed normal sperm concentration but with severely reduced motility. After 1 year off of medication, the tests were repeated and found a recovery of the spermatogenic process.

There have also been two case reports of severe azoospermia resulting in impaired fertility. Such reports remind us to inquire whether the man and his partner are having difficulty getting pregnant. Stopping finasteride in these situations may improve semen parameters and help the couple avoid more invasive fertility treatments.

Source -
Medical treatments for male and female pattern hair loss
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology - Volume 59, Issue 4 (October 2008)

The bottom line is that Fin doesn’t seem to permanently damage the sperm themselves.

But while you’re on the drug (and maybe even a while afterwards), the sperm may be notably impaired from successfully getting someone pregnant.

» The bottom line is that Fin doesn’t seem to permanently damage the sperm
» themselves.
»
» But while you’re on the drug (and maybe even a while afterwards), the
» sperm may be notably impaired from successfully getting someone pregnant.

and as a final thought that means that you can have both hair and kids^^