Praying\'s continued repair journey with Dr. Umar

Dear fellow fellow-hairsiter friends,
I’m finishing up my week of surgery with Dr. Umar this week. Those who have followed my case know that I’m a victim of the old-punch grafts. In the early 90’s (starting when I was only 19yrs old) I had a doctor from New England butcher my scalp and left me with scars, an unsightly appearance, and hardly any growth. I had to wear a hairpiece to go out in public. I’m 36 now, and still wear the hairpiece. My first couple of procedures with Dr. Umar were to create temple points and a temple region, of which I had none. Also, Dr. Umar placed leg hair (some chest hair too) into my ravaged rear scalp (where the old punch grafts were taken). The results were excellent. My temple region and points grew in to my utmost satisfaction and my rear scalp was improved–more of a filler to help camoflauge the large gaps.

For this weeks procedure, Dr. Umar took things further. For my rear scalp area he placed beard hair throughout, so that the results will not act merely as a filler, but provide good density, both actual and cosmetic. Also, Dr. Umar created a hairline that will synch perfectly with his previously created temple region. This hairline was designed with my wish to continue to wear the hairpiece behind it. With the temple points, this hairline will blend and match my temple region perfectly. The decision to design a hairline with the intent of maintaining a hairpiece behind it is not to be taken lightly. Dr. Umar agreed to this strategy as he and I both know that I have no desire to get rid of the piece–unless a scientific breakthrough occurs (hair cloning) or I continue further with body/beard hair to make my bald zone diminish in size. The natural hairline in front of the piece will give me much more confidence, as I will no longer have to worry about how the “fake hairpiece hairline” looks–the front of any hairpiece is the biggest give-away to the obsever. Now I won’t have to worry about that anymore. Also, the maintence needed to wear a hairpiece behind my new “real” hairline will make my life much easier–though I’m sure it will take some time to get it right through some trial and error (blending, direction, styling, etc.).

Words cannot express my gratitude for the expertise, compassion, and integrity of Dr. Umar. He has given me a new lease on life–and I am not overstating that. He is a perfectionist of the type I have rarely encountered in my life (we finished last night/am at 12:30 and if it wasn’t for me complaining of being tired and wiped out, he probably would have gone on through until the morning). There is no other Doctor on earth that I would suggest going to --am I biased, HELL YES. My results and how I feel about myself and my future can only lead my that conclusion.

Kudos to Dr. Umar’s assistant Cindy–sweet, smart, and very professional. Dr. Umar has the highest of standards, and that is why Cindy is working there.

I asked Dr. Umar to show my photos and to give details on my procedure a(graft count and the like). I’ll be staying in Califonia for a few more days and will check hairsite to see if anyone has any questions or wishes to get in touch with me.

Best wishes to everyone on their own journey,
Praying

You never want to get rid of the hairpiece? Yes I would like to see your pics.

Glad to hear you are progressing toward your goal. I’m blown away by Dr. Umar’s work that I’ve seen. Does Dr. Umar perform additional grafts when time permits? I’m scheduled for three days/3,000 grafts with him. If time permits is it possible to get a couple hundred extra grafts in a day in your experience? Obviously I’d be willing to pay for the extra grafts. I’m hoping to fill in my scars and rebuild my temples. Again good luck and congratulations on your success.

Hi Rooster,
Yes–I’ve been “blown away” myself re: Dr. Umar’s work–especially with the most difficult repair cases–which I include myself in. I’m sure he’ll be able to tell you himself on the possibility of getting additional grafts for your three days. Best wishes–you’re in great hands (literally).
Best,
Praying

» Glad to hear you are progressing toward your goal. I’m blown away by Dr.
» Umar’s work that I’ve seen. Does Dr. Umar perform additional grafts when
» time permits? I’m scheduled for three days/3,000 grafts with him. If time
» permits is it possible to get a couple hundred extra grafts in a day in
» your experience? Obviously I’d be willing to pay for the extra grafts. I’m
» hoping to fill in my scars and rebuild my temples. Again good luck and
» congratulations on your success.

» You never want to get rid of the hairpiece? Yes I would like to see your
» pics.

Dear abcxyz,

Sure I’d like to get rid of the hairpiece–I’d like to pour gasoline on the thing and set it on fire. But, for the extent of my baldness and the major scar revisions I have, I have decided to go for an alternative–the transplanted hairline, transplanted temple region/points, with a partial hairpiece to cover the crown. I still have plenty of body hair and quite a bit of dense beard hair, so I’m leaving open the option of utilizing that for the crown. For fifteen years I have been wearing basically a “full cap” hairpiece/wig, so this is a huge step forward for me. Each patient has different expectations and circumstances. I’m simply doing what works best for me. No one likes to wear a “rug.” But, I’m playing with the cards that were dealt to me. I’m immensely grateful for where I’m at now, thanks to Dr. Umar–and Im looking forward to the next six months. I haven’t had a hairline since the first Bush was President, so I’m very excited.
Regarding the pics: I’ve asked Dr. Umar to post the pictures he took this past week when he gets a chance–they should be coming soon I reckon.

Take care,
Praying

» I’m playing with the cards
» that were dealt to me.

And that’s the only way a man can do it. Good luck to you.

where r your pics ? i couldn’t find them.