Please everyone stop talking about ACELL

someone on this board, maybe a bunch of people, have been making posts about something called Acell, for a long time here.

i think this is very misguided, and i’ll tell you why.

this company Acell has made no public indication that they’re seriously interested in helping men with mpb.

maybe i’m missing something, but they have not announced anything on their corporate website.

this is a company that specialized in VETERINARY medicine!

to attribute anything to them in the way of a potential cure or treatment for mpb is just the wildest kind of speculation.

one or two posts here indicating an interest in the technology or perhaps potential future applications in mpb would be justified, but people making daily or weekly posts with “Acell” in the subject line is just misleading…

even if YOU think there is an application for mpb, that’s just YOUR opinion, and you shouldn’t mislead people here into thinking that this company is one of the “players” in coming up with a serious mpb treatment.

they are NOT one of the players. they are involved in VETERINARY MEDICINE, for god’s sake…

please stop misleading people with these endless posts about “Acell”…

yeah, yeah, yeah, i know, one of you contacted the company and discussed potential applications of their technology in mpb, and one of the scientist there may have said something positive…

but that is a far cry from Acell actually developing some technology that can help us…

just think of what they would have to do if they wanted to get into the mpb cure biz…

they would have to formulate a whole new biz plan… years…

they would have to hire a bunch of brand new scientists who specialize in mpb and human hair science… LOTS OF MONEY THEY PROBABLY DON’T HAVE… and they would have to raise this money from investors… more TIME

they would have to go to big investors to get the trials financed… MORE TIME AND MONEY… YEARS…

they would have to make an application with the fda… MORE TIME AND MONEY…

i just don’t understand why some people here want to mislead people about some “Acell” fantasies, when this company is about as likely to go into the mpb business as say, Archer Daniels Midland, Toyota or Google.

What’s with the negativity, anything that could potentially cure hairloss should be looked into. Just because Acell doesn’t appear to be some mainstream path does not mean it cannot work.

They are also releasing their matrix for human use, not just for animals. The results we’ve seen for animals, with regrown tissue and hair/fur is what gives us the hope that perhaps Acell can be used to regrow the strip used in a HT so that we have virtually unlimited donor hairs to get all our hair back.

Once its released (expected soon) hopefully someone will try it to finally see if it’ll work or not. Why try to shut down discussion without first being certain its not going to work?

We will talk about using cow saliva for growing our hair if we want to.

Its the HM forum, what do you expect? Every scientific possibility will be analyzed and discussed. If you want to gossip, the ht forum is full of that.

» What’s with the negativity, anything that could potentially cure hairloss
» should be looked into. Just because Acell doesn’t appear to be some
» mainstream path does not mean it cannot work.
»
» They are also releasing their matrix for human use, not just for animals.
» The results we’ve seen for animals, with regrown tissue and hair/fur is
» what gives us the hope that perhaps Acell can be used to regrow the strip
» used in a HT so that we have virtually unlimited donor hairs to get all our
» hair back.
»
» Once its released (expected soon) hopefully someone will try it to finally
» see if it’ll work or not. Why try to shut down discussion without first
» being certain its not going to work?

epikerO, i’m sorry for the negativity.

maybe you’re misunderstanding what i’m saying here. i’m NOT saying that Acell might not have some real application in mpb.

what i am saying is that it doesn’t seem likely.

this company is headed by real scientists who are smart and know the field of skin pretty well.

if they thought they really had something that could help mpb, they wouldn’t be futzing around with dogs and veterinary medicine, they’d be pushing headlong into the field of human hair and mpb, RIGHT NOW…

they wouldn’t wait on it. they would do it NOW.

from what i understand this company has already been contacted by some hairsiters about possible applications of their tech in mpb, and they responded fairly positively, but HAVE NOT SHOWN ANY INDICATION WHATSOEVER THAT THEY ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN INVESTING ONE CENT IN MPB RESEARCH.

i repeat, if they thought this tech had any promise for human mpb, they would be pursuing it RIGHT NOW. if it were really a potential cure or major treatment for human alopecia, they would understand that they’d become multi millionaires, probably billionaires, and they’d drop the whole veterinary thing, or sell it off, and hire some human hair scientists like washenik or stenn or somebody of that calibre, and they’d be pursing the human angle.

these people are not stupid, they may be veterinary scientists, but they are smart enough to know if their technology might work in mpb or not.

There are guys here that have been butchered by HT monsters/Doctors…and Acell is their hope to regain normal life.Even if Acell wont grow one single hair but heal the scalp scars of those people I’ll be happy for them.What about you ? Do you want to leave them alone ? act like everybody does in this society ?

» We will talk about using cow saliva for growing our hair if we want to.
»
»
» Its the HM forum, what do you expect? Every scientific possibility will be
» analyzed and discussed. If you want to gossip, the ht forum is full of
» that.

sure, talk about the techbology or the idea, that’s not my gripe

what is my gripe is when people make daily posts with “Acell” in the subject line.

this is very misleading, it implies that we have an additional player in the human hair restoration game called “Acell”, which is sort of competing with icx, follica and the rest and doing human trials now, or soon.

the truth is they have not shown any real interest in pursuing this for humans, beside (maybe) a few offhand semi positive comments in a phone conversation…

by starting long threads about “Acell” and using their brand name in subject headers, people here are doing a disservice to readers, esp. newbies who might assume this “Acell” stuff is a real player… and they’re not… that’s all.

people are getting their hopes sky high over this and the company is just not really interested in mpb…

there has to be a good reason for it…

we saw pics of it regrowing skin with hair. there are some rumours they would launch it for human use soon. this makes it quite legitimate option. I mean of course no one can guarantee it would grow hair. But ppl are interested in trying.

» we saw pics of it regrowing skin with hair. there are some rumours they
» would launch it for human use soon. this makes it quite legitimate option.
» I mean of course no one can guarantee it would grow hair. But ppl are
» interested in trying.

first of all, that skin was on a dog, wasn’t it?? big difference between a dog and humans.

secondly, “regrowing skin with hair”… the dog didn’t have mpb, did he? because that’s the only way this would prove anything. maybe the skin that this dog was “regrowing” was destined to have fur on it, anyway.

if this happened, it’s not that amazing, considering it was a dog, and dogs are loaded with fur. growing skin with fur on it on a dog is not that amazing!

GUESS WHAT???

People have no choice BUT to talk about things like ACELL. Do you know why that is??? Let me explain…because there isn’t a f***ing cure, thats why!!

Also… guess what?? The only approved drugs that have been released for treating MPB were developed to treat conditions OTHER than MPB!!!

Also… guess what?? YOU DON’T HAVE TO READ EVERYTHING IN THIS FORUM. THIS FORUM WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR YOU!!!

» GUESS WHAT???
»
» People have no choice BUT to talk about things like ACELL. Do you know why
» that is??? Let me explain…because there isn’t a f***ing cure, thats
» why!!
»
» Also… guess what?? The only approved drugs that have been released for
» treating MPB were developed to treat conditions OTHER than MPB!!!
»
» Also… guess what?? YOU DON’T HAVE TO READ EVERYTHING IN THIS FORUM. THIS
» FORUM WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR YOU!!!

Exactly…minox was for blood pressure. Finas was for prostate hyperplasia, ketoconazole was for dandruff and a host of other indications. Spironolactone is used in cirrhosis patients. Copper peptides were for wound healing and hair growth in experimental animals was noted as a side effect. Phenytoin was for something else. Cyclosporin is for organ rejection.

What does this “baldbaby” expect guys to do? Discuss ICX trials to death? They have been hashed over a zillion times already here. Discuss Aderans? Aderans has been willing to release less very very little information about where they are, and what they are up to.

» What does this “baldbaby” expect guys to do? Discuss ICX trials to death?
» They have been hashed over a zillion times already here. Discuss Aderans?
» Aderans has been willing to release less very very little information about
» where they are, and what they are up to.

You’re right; EVERYTHING has been discussed to death. So, I think he expects - in short - for you to get on with life until something tangible actually develops, rather than waisting endless hours posting pure conjecture. I mean, my God, imagine what you might have acomplished with all the time you’ve spent posting here. And what do you have to show for it? More hair? No. You have absolutley nothing but waisted time.

» » What does this “baldbaby” expect guys to do? Discuss ICX trials to
» death?
» » They have been hashed over a zillion times already here. Discuss
» Aderans?
» » Aderans has been willing to release less very very little information
» about
» » where they are, and what they are up to.
»
» You’re right; EVERYTHING has been discussed to death. So, I think he
» expects - in short - for you to get on with life until something tangible
» actually develops, rather than waisting endless hours posting pure
» conjecture. I mean, my God, imagine what you might have acomplished with
» all the time you’ve spent posting here. And what do you have to show for
» it? More hair? No. You have absolutley nothing but waisted time.

then stop wasting YOUR TIME and leave the forum!!!Youve come in there and pretty much said its all a waste, give up, etc. etc. and that is all you have done

WHY ARE YOU HERE???

»
»
» then stop wasting YOUR TIME and leave the
» forum!!!Youve come in there and pretty much said its
» all a waste, give up, etc. etc. and that is all you have done
»
» WHY ARE YOU HERE???

Why are you here? That’s the question. I’m here because I’m trying to understand your mentality.

I’m bored and stuck in a hotel room for the afternoon, and I thought I’d check in on what was going on here. I was shocked at the hysteria, the absolute mass obsession. It was chilling and I thought I’d try and find out what was behind it. I’m trying to help you and others realize that your obsession is simply waisted energy, and that it has no effect on the outcome that you so desperately seek. I’m not going to make it a crusade; after today, I’m not coming back anytime soon.

There sure are allot of attention seekers coming here.
Everytime we have some interesting conversations going on some attention seeking asshole comes along & stirs up the forum with trash talk to draw attention to himself.
From now on we should ignore these idiots to prevent others from coming here & seeking their 15 minutes of fame.

Every new invention spends a long time being a crazy waste of effort. Right up until it works.

Why do we pay attention to Folica & Acell now, when they’re nowhere near our corner HT outlet?

TO POTENTIALLY GET OUR HAIR BACK A LITTLE SOONER!

Isn’t this worthy? Why the f-ck else are we (and you) on MPB websites, if not for this reason?

» » we saw pics of it regrowing skin with hair. there are some rumours they
» » would launch it for human use soon. this makes it quite legitimate
» option.
» » I mean of course no one can guarantee it would grow hair. But ppl are
» » interested in trying.
»
» first of all, that skin was on a dog, wasn’t it?? big difference between
» a dog and humans.
»
» secondly, “regrowing skin with hair”… the dog didn’t have mpb, did he?
» because that’s the only way this would prove anything. maybe the skin
» that this dog was “regrowing” was destined to have fur on it, anyway.
»
» if this happened, it’s not that amazing, considering it was a dog, and
» dogs are loaded with fur. growing skin with fur on it on a dog is not that
» amazing!

Completely legitimate issues. But still, there is nothing better so ppl are interested.

» » » we saw pics of it regrowing skin with hair. there are some rumours
» they
» » » would launch it for human use soon. this makes it quite legitimate
» » option.
» » » I mean of course no one can guarantee it would grow hair. But ppl are
» » » interested in trying.
» »
» » first of all, that skin was on a dog, wasn’t it?? big difference
» between
» » a dog and humans.
» »
» » secondly, “regrowing skin with hair”… the dog didn’t have mpb, did
» he?
» » because that’s the only way this would prove anything. maybe the
» skin
» » that this dog was “regrowing” was destined to have fur on it, anyway.
» »
» » if this happened, it’s not that amazing, considering it was a dog, and
» » dogs are loaded with fur. growing skin with fur on it on a dog is not
» that
» » amazing!
»
» Completely legitimate issues. But still, there is nothing better so ppl
» are interested.

pardon me but wasnt the hair growth with minox shown in humans? yes

i agree growing hair on rats and dogs is meaningless

do you guys even have any scientific background? not much that I can see

» » » » we saw pics of it regrowing skin with hair. there are some rumours
» » they
» » » » would launch it for human use soon. this makes it quite legitimate
» » » option.
» » » » I mean of course no one can guarantee it would grow hair. But ppl
» are
» » » » interested in trying.
» » »
» » » first of all, that skin was on a dog, wasn’t it?? big difference
» » between
» » » a dog and humans.
» » »
» » » secondly, “regrowing skin with hair”… the dog didn’t have mpb, did
» » he?
» » » because that’s the only way this would prove anything. maybe the
» » skin
» » » that this dog was “regrowing” was destined to have fur on it, anyway.
» » »
» » » if this happened, it’s not that amazing, considering it was a dog,
» and
» » » dogs are loaded with fur. growing skin with fur on it on a dog is
» not
» » that
» » » amazing!
» »
» » Completely legitimate issues. But still, there is nothing better so ppl
» » are interested.
»
»
» pardon me but wasnt the hair growth with minox shown in humans? yes
»
» i agree growing hair on rats and dogs is meaningless
»
» do you guys even have any scientific background? not much that I can see

its about ppl wanting to try it. I personally think it could work. If it can regrow finger completely with the nail and fingerprint in human, thats pretty promising to grow even hair on the scalp.

of course, dht, immune reaction (hair antibodies) and all this sht may make it much more difficult.

I do believe that for a non balding guy it could grow hair. For a balding guy, thats a question. Someone will try for sure once it is available. And thats pretty much what this acell talk is about. We are waiting till someone is able to obtain it.

Its perhaps not too probable to grow thick hair but certainly it looks like one of the most immediate things that could in theory succeed. So far it looks we will know if this works or not far sooner then follica releases their product. If ever they will.

Besides. If even I think that something could work (btw I give it 40% max), thats quite significant or at least pretty unusual :slight_smile: What made me think so? The finger regrowth in human + the tissue & hair regrowth in animals. The pics show clearly that the animal had a lot of skin and flesh missing, it regrew back including the hairy skin. Its not about reviving hair, its about growing it again from scratch. My opinion is, its either a scam (and the guy with the finger made the story up), or it could work.

» » » » » we saw pics of it regrowing skin with hair. there are some rumours
» » » they
» » » » » would launch it for human use soon. this makes it quite
» legitimate
» » » » option.
» » » » » I mean of course no one can guarantee it would grow hair. But ppl
» » are
» » » » » interested in trying.
» » » »
» » » » first of all, that skin was on a dog, wasn’t it?? big difference
» » » between
» » » » a dog and humans.
» » » »
» » » » secondly, “regrowing skin with hair”… the dog didn’t have mpb,
» did
» » » he?
» » » » because that’s the only way this would prove anything. maybe the
» » » skin
» » » » that this dog was “regrowing” was destined to have fur on it,
» anyway.
» » » »
» » » » if this happened, it’s not that amazing, considering it was a dog,
» » and
» » » » dogs are loaded with fur. growing skin with fur on it on a dog is
» » not
» » » that
» » » » amazing!
» » »
» » » Completely legitimate issues. But still, there is nothing better so
» ppl
» » » are interested.
» »
» »
» » pardon me but wasnt the hair growth with minox shown in humans? yes
» »
» » i agree growing hair on rats and dogs is meaningless
» »
» » do you guys even have any scientific background? not much that I can
» see
»
» its about ppl wanting to try it. I personally think it could work. If it
» can regrow finger completely with the nail and fingerprint in human, thats
» pretty promising to grow even hair on the scalp.
»
» of course, dht, immune reaction (hair antibodies) and all this sht may
» make it much more difficult.
»
» I do believe that for a non balding guy it could grow hair. For a balding
» guy, thats a question. Someone will try for sure once it is available. And
» thats pretty much what this acell talk is about. We are waiting till
» someone is able to obtain it.
»
» Its perhaps not too probable to grow thick hair but certainly it looks
» like one of the most immediate things that could in theory succeed. So far
» it looks we will know if this works or not far sooner then follica releases
» their product. If ever they will.

pardon me but nobody regrew a finger are you referring to the pic of the supposed finger regeneration posted on here. that was total bullcrap…the tip of the finger was mangled and it regrew. that was not in any way near regrowing an entire finger . this is a total lie
Hell i lost more of my finger than that in an accident at work, it regrew the tip after being sliced off, its the bodys regenerative powers it is not some miracle

In the latest video he shows pioctures that prove what he says. That is that it regrew 1cm of the finger tip that was missing. 1 cm including the bone and everything. That is really awesome imho if that is true. Why? Because simply so far this was beyond anyones imagination. We could not grow back tissue so far. Certainly not anything deeper than few mm. All that ever grew back was scarred skin.

His finger has no scar whatsoever. and the pics show how weirdly it was growing and healing. froum outside in.