Place to buy lithium choride?

Hey, I’m toying with the idea of trying some LiCl topically. Any good places to get the stuff in a pill or something?

» Hey, I’m toying with the idea of trying some LiCl topically. Any good
» places to get the stuff in a pill or something?

I have been trying to find the answer to this for awhile now but to no avail. Someone posted a link on another site which I bought for about $7.00 but I don’t believe it was intended to be used on the skin which makes somewhat leery. I’m looking for a lithium based cream that is intended to be applied topically in tandem with a dermaroller.

Interesting.

I’d like to just buy some plain old pills of the stuff as long as there’s no other additives along for the ride with it.

how do you plan on using lithium, just apply it to the scalp or abrade the scalp before applying it?

Also, what’s the verdict on pigmentation? Would simple abrasion and lithium result in unpigmented hair? Because all the people we heard that regrow hair i.e. from accidents etc, did so without lithium and such. And the hair they grew were pigmented.

» how do you plan on using lithium, just apply it to the scalp or abrade the
» scalp before applying it?

he mentioned it would be used in conjunction with a dermaroller.

I’m toying with the idea of maybe trying to do the Folica-style wound procedure for it.

Depilate a small spot with chemical “Nair” or something, wait 3 days, dermabrade it with sandpaper, wait 3-5 more days, then apply the lithium topical daily for at least a week after that.

If I do this, I’d just do the dermabrasion on a small spot myself with sandpaper. (I’ve successfully played around with sandpaper-abrading small spots in the past.)

It wouldn’t be the Folica deal for real. (Not without the expensive drugs to cause the EGF-R inhibition. We don’t even know whether they’ll absorb topically yet for that matter.) The idea that I’m kicking around would basically just be a test of applying topical lithium onto a spot that has undergone Folica’s actual wounding procedure.

I’m wondering if maybe it could cause some mild thickening of weak existing hairs in the area. You never know.

» I’m wondering if maybe it could cause some mild thickening of weak
» existing hairs in the area.

That’s what i’m really interested in too. But the problem is that since you would be epilating the existing vellus hair, it would be hard to tell if any new growth is from new follicles or the old ones.

he’s probably not even a year old yet and he’s NW3…tch tch! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really interesting though, how a baby with basically hairloss pattern can grow a head full of hair. So essentially its about getting the signalling/procedure right and we should be good to go!

Thicker existing hairs, similar newly-formed hairs . . . either way the important thing would be that the area ended up with thicker hair than it started with.

I think our original scalp hair follicles go down something like 3 or 4 millimeters into the skin layers. No way a dermabrasion could be taking more than 1mm off the top, if that.

I find it hard to believe that all the gains wound be from forming new hairs and not just “fixing” the old ones. Knocking away 1/4th of the top of the follicle would seem like an ideal way to cause just enough damage so the body would want to heal it up rather than kill it entirely.

I think it has been decided that Folica’s deal is indeed theoretically capable of forming a bunch of all-new hairs. I’m not denying that. But if dermabrasion sprouts thicker hairs on my head where I had functioning thin ones, I’m still gonna suspect that I’m mostly looking at revived existing follicles.

Lots of reliable places sell it (e.g., http://www.rx2world.com ). The problem is, lithium chloride isn’t really soluble in too many things, so you may have difficulty formulating a topical.

» It’s really interesting though, how a baby with basically hairloss pattern
» can grow a head full of hair. So essentially its about getting the
» signalling/procedure right and we should be good to go!

I`ve heard that in the first 12 months, the testosterone level is high as by an adult. After that time, it begins to decrease…

I wonder if Lithium Orotate would be better to try.