Pfizer buying Intercytex?

Big pharmacueticals are eyeballing ICX now. I knew it this would happen eventually. ICX has been in trouble financially lately - I guess :dunno:

Anyways, Pfizer - the makers of “Rogaine” are looking into buying out ICX. I would guess that the reason why, is that they will be sure to “kill” the HM work done by ICX, so Pfizer can keep on selling Rogaine. My guess is that Pfizer will buy ICX and then most likely sit on the patents ICX has on TRC (HM).

It’s all about money. I knew it.

Here’s a link to the article:

http://www.businessweekly.co.uk/2009060 … fizer.html

But for example i’m waiting for something like HM or similar… so is not sure. I think that the money you will done with an HM will be moooore than money of a topical s hit… so it’s probably that they want to play in the HM race like the other big companies… because if one day one hm will be on market, ALL the society working for hair without something similar will be death… so everybody need to try! If not… don’t waste money with this s hit, transplant or hairpiece, or shave :stuck_out_tongue:

» Big pharmacueticals are eyeballing ICX now. I knew it this would happen
» eventually. ICX has been in trouble financially lately - I guess :dunno:
»
» Anyways, Pfizer - the makers of “Rogaine” are looking into buying out ICX.
» I would guess that the reason why, is that they will be sure to “kill” the
» HM work done by ICX, so Pfizer can keep on selling Rogaine. My guess is
» that Pfizer will buy ICX and then most likely sit on the patents ICX has on
» TRC (HM).
»
» It’s all about money. I knew it.
»
» Here’s a link to the article:
»
» http://www.businessweekly.co.uk/2009060 … fizer.html

What’s with the conspiratorial gloom and doom? I would guess that Pfizer wants to profit from HM. Why kill HM if it works in favor of something that barely works? If they kill ICX-TRC, they’d just waste their money buying it anyway because someone else will come out with HM, e.g. Aderans.

If Pfizer buys ICX that will be great news!

Why wouldn’t Pfizer want to potentially profit from HM? It could make TONS of money. They could still make the argument that Rogaine can help with maintenance… or help in post-operative care. This would make some people continue to use Rogaine. If Intercytex is financially troubled, having Pfizer take over could be a good thing. It all depends on Pfizer’s intent.

The world doesn’t revolve around HM. It’s been noted in another forum pfizer is interested in icx eye treatment . There gonna buy ICX ditch HM AND ALL OTHER ICX projects other than what they want and divert all funds into that project. It has nothing to do with wanting to kill HM to save rogaine. Similar thing happened with neosil osh. company was bought due to interest in another project they shut down all other projects but what they want.

You are actually right. But i dont believe that HM will be ditched entirely. Pfizer is the worlds largest pharmaceutical company they have money to spare to keep the work on HM alive. It is a fact though that Intercytex resources and facilities for stem cell cultivation and research will focus on this eye treatment and HM will always come second place. Its only in case some other company has great results and “attracks” the market’s interest that Pfizer will put effort again in the project.

Anyway it doesn’t seem to be such a negative outcome since Aderans has much of the Intercytex’s know-how as they were actually co-operating.

»
» TRC (HM).

Minoxidil changes the follicle to where it NEEDS it in order to stay alive. This will ensure that a lifetime of usage is required if one whishes to maintain the remaining hair he/she has. In other words, a lifetime of use means a lifetime of supply…I knew they would buyout intercytex, I just knew it, and they will now put that patent on the shelf because rogaine is the #1 money maker. Their objective is growing your hair back rather than finding a cure. Why would they want to cure YOUR balding head when they’ve induced it? And minoxidil will never be known by the people…you know why? Because 1)it is engraved in your minds that your hair loss is only because of DHT 2)There is no cure and never has been.3)Minoxidil is fda approved which proves that is must be safe…I’m tired of corporate criminals

» » Big pharmacueticals are eyeballing ICX now. I knew it this would happen
» » eventually. ICX has been in trouble financially lately - I guess
» :dunno:
» »
» » Anyways, Pfizer - the makers of “Rogaine” are looking into buying out
» ICX.
» » I would guess that the reason why, is that they will be sure to “kill”
» the
» » HM work done by ICX, so Pfizer can keep on selling Rogaine. My guess is
» » that Pfizer will buy ICX and then most likely sit on the patents ICX has
» on
» » TRC (HM).
»
» Minoxidil changes the follicle to where it NEEDS it in order to stay
» alive. This will ensure that a lifetime of usage is required if one whishes
» to maintain the remaining hair he/she has. In other words, a lifetime of
» use means a lifetime of supply…I knew they would buyout intercytex, I
» just knew it, and they will now put that patent on the shelf because
» rogaine is the #1 money maker. Their objective is growing your hair back
» rather than finding a cure. Why would they want to cure YOUR balding head
» when they’ve induced it? And minoxidil will never be known by the
» people…you know why? Because 1)it is engraved in your minds that your
» hair loss is only because of DHT 2)There is no cure and never has
» been.3)Minoxidil is fda approved which proves that is must be safe…I’m
» tired of corporate criminals

First off, Rogaine is made by McNeil-PPC, a branch of Johnson&Johnson. And it is not their biggest product.
Secondly, the idea that a large pharmaceutical company would buy, then shelf a possible blockbuster treatment/medication/procedure is just absurd. The cash flow from something like a successful HM treatment dwarfs anything that can be brought in by Rogaine. In fact, they will make far more money from one HM treatment than they can for a lifetime supply of Rogaine.
I understand the distrust in corporations, but let’s get one thing straight. They may be evil, but they sure as hell aren’t dumb.

See what I mean? This proves everything I’ve been saying. People like rev who continue to cling to HM don’t know what they’re talking about. They’re seriously misinformed. Now we can see that this HM company is being sold in a fire sale for UKP 750,000. I doubt it’s even worth that much, but whatever. Now that rev has been totally humiliated here, we can move on to the next company to topple and discredit rev even more…

»
» TRC (HM).
»
»
» Here’s a link to the article:
»
» http://www.businessweekly.co.uk/2009060 … fizer.html

Wow, I guess the last place you’ll find logical thought is on a hairloss board. I never understand why people buy into these conspiracy theories. My one point: who buys rogaine for $40-$50 when you can buy generic for $10-$15? Everyone I know buys the generic stuff. I don’t think Pfizer cares about sustaining rogaine sales in perpetuity.

» See what I mean? This proves everything I’ve been saying. People like rev
» who continue to cling to HM don’t know what they’re talking about. They’re
» seriously misinformed. Now we can see that this HM company is being sold
» in a fire sale for UKP 750,000. I doubt it’s even worth that much, but
» whatever. Now that rev has been totally humiliated here, we can move on
» to the next company to topple and discredit rev even more…

Obsessed much?

If all bald men around the world could chip in a buck each, we’d have more than enough money to buy out intercytex hundreds of times over, and hire some competent scientist to work 24/7 and make this thing a reality. Then, we could offer the treatment/cure at cost only, and not try to make a profit. People shouldn’t be making a profit off of others misery. Most don’t understand that hairloss goes way beyond a cosmetic issue. It puts a freeze on peoples lives, totally destroys their personality, destroys their social interactions, and shakes their relationship with God. I still ask God why, but I realize that if their wasn’t bullsh*t like this in the world then we wouldn’t have the opportunity to help each other out–and I think that the cure to hairloss should be all about that, giving people back another chance at life.

I know, it’ll never happen…

» If all bald men around the world could chip in a buck each, we’d have more
» than enough money to buy out intercytex hundreds of times over, and hire
» some competent scientist to work 24/7 and make this thing a reality. Then,
» we could offer the treatment/cure at cost only, and not try to make a
» profit. People shouldn’t be making a profit off of others misery. Most
» don’t understand that hairloss goes way beyond a cosmetic issue. It puts a
» freeze on peoples lives, totally destroys their personality, destroys their
» social interactions, and shakes their relationship with God. I still ask
» God why, but I realize that if their wasn’t bullsh*t like this in the world
» then we wouldn’t have the opportunity to help each other out–and I think
» that the cure to hairloss should be all about that, giving people back
» another chance at life.
»
» I know, it’ll never happen…

Unfortunately, you’re correct. I brought this up (working together as a group to raise money) on several ocassions, and was ridiculed for the idea. Many people (back then) said that ICX was close to bringing a product to market so there was no need (to raise money as a group). Now it’s years later, and it feels like it further off now than it felt then.

» » If all bald men around the world could chip in a buck each, we’d have
» more
» » than enough money to buy out intercytex hundreds of times over, and
» hire
» » some competent scientist to work 24/7 and make this thing a reality.
» Then,
» » we could offer the treatment/cure at cost only, and not try to make a
» » profit. People shouldn’t be making a profit off of others misery. Most
» » don’t understand that hairloss goes way beyond a cosmetic issue. It puts
» a
» » freeze on peoples lives, totally destroys their personality, destroys
» their
» » social interactions, and shakes their relationship with God. I still
» ask
» » God why, but I realize that if their wasn’t bullsh*t like this in the
» world
» » then we wouldn’t have the opportunity to help each other out–and I
» think
» » that the cure to hairloss should be all about that, giving people back
» » another chance at life.
» »
» » I know, it’ll never happen…
»
» Unfortunately, you’re correct. I brought this up (working together as a
» group to raise money) on several ocassions, and was ridiculed for the idea.
» Many people (back then) said that ICX was close to bringing a product to
» market so there was no need (to raise money as a group). Now it’s years
» later, and it feels like it further off now than it felt then.

I don’t even think Rogaine (or Propecia for that matter) is all that big of a money maker, not even including the fact that you can buy generic Rogaine for a lot cheaper.

Honestly I’d say maybe 10% of balding men (at best) use these products regularly. An actual treatment like hair multiplication or what Histogen is doing that could theoretically yield a real “hair restoration” or close to it would be far more lucrative.

Histogen’s set up actually would yield the best commercial model most likely because the hairs are still DHT susceptible (Follica may be the same deal) … so they could set up a system where you have to come in for a top up every 3-5 years.

Pfezier may be looking to buy ICX because they see the writing on the wall for products like Rogaine. Because if they want to shutter this whole thing they’d be buying Aderans and Follica and Histogen, not ICX. Their interest could also be completely independent of anything hair related as well, as you’re talking about a huge company with many vested interests.

» » » If all bald men around the world could chip in a buck each, we’d have
» » more
» » » than enough money to buy out intercytex hundreds of times over, and
» » hire
» » » some competent scientist to work 24/7 and make this thing a reality.
» » Then,
» » » we could offer the treatment/cure at cost only, and not try to make a
» » » profit. People shouldn’t be making a profit off of others misery.
» Most
» » » don’t understand that hairloss goes way beyond a cosmetic issue. It
» puts
» » a
» » » freeze on peoples lives, totally destroys their personality, destroys
» » their
» » » social interactions, and shakes their relationship with God. I still
» » ask
» » » God why, but I realize that if their wasn’t bullsh*t like this in the
» » world
» » » then we wouldn’t have the opportunity to help each other out–and I
» » think
» » » that the cure to hairloss should be all about that, giving people
» back
» » » another chance at life.
» » »
» » » I know, it’ll never happen…
» »
» » Unfortunately, you’re correct. I brought this up (working together as
» a
» » group to raise money) on several ocassions, and was ridiculed for the
» idea.
» » Many people (back then) said that ICX was close to bringing a product
» to
» » market so there was no need (to raise money as a group). Now it’s
» years
» » later, and it feels like it further off now than it felt then.
»
»
» I don’t even think Rogaine (or Propecia for that matter) is all that big
» of a money maker, not even including the fact that you can buy generic
» Rogaine for a lot cheaper.
»
» Honestly I’d say maybe 10% of balding men (at best) use these products
» regularly. An actual treatment like hair multiplication or what Histogen is
» doing that could theoretically yield a real “hair restoration” or close to
» it would be far more lucrative.
»
» Histogen’s set up actually would yield the best commercial model most
» likely because the hairs are still DHT susceptible (Follica may be the same
» deal) … so they could set up a system where you have to come in for a top
» up every 3-5 years.
»
» Pfezier may be looking to buy ICX because they see the writing on the wall
» for products like Rogaine. Because if they want to shutter this whole thing
» they’d be buying Aderans and Follica and Histogen, not ICX. Their interest
» could also be completely independent of anything hair related as well, as
» you’re talking about a huge company with many vested interests.

except seriously do u think follica is dead there hasn’t been any news in forever now!

Good news, ICX must have something valuable to offer for investors to consider buying them.

If anything, I think that Pfizer buying intercyntex would speed up the research for HM and make it come about faster.

» If anything, I think that Pfizer buying intercyntex would speed up the
» research for HM and make it come about faster.

OH MY GOD

» TRC (HM).
»
»

The rogaine patent has expired since long ago. Big pharmaceuticals expect to get the return of their investiment long before their patent expires thats why they put million of their cash in FDA trials. thats the reason patents exist and trust me all the investiment return and profits (they expect to make to be happy)they calculate them with the patent horizon. After the patent expires anyone can use it and make money out of the original investiment of the compnay that paid the trials so by then the competition is greater and the profits plummet.

So your conspiracy theory doesnt stand because they no longer consider rogaine as a money maker drug for them since anyone can make rogaine now and sell it cheaper. Ofcourse it keeps giving profit to them and in your mind that profit is great, but thats not how they operate, they dont invest in protecting drugs that their patent has expired.Instead they invest in new drugs and new possible patents to get the maximum profit as long as they have the patent. thats the big money widow for them and thats how they all think.

So phizer buying intercytex could only be good news.I dont know if its good news for TRC though because maybe they are more interested in other parts of intercytex’s research.Who knows…

If you’re operating a cheap brass jewelry business, and then someone in town finds gold on their land, what do you do?

Do you want to buy the gold-enriched land in order to keep the gold from getting to market, and then go on selling your brass jewelry?

HELL NO!

You say “F*ck the brass, I’ve got GOLD on my hands for christ sakes!” You buy the land with the gold, and then you start selling gold at many times the profit of the old stuff.