Dear forum readers,
I had mentioned how permanent hair removal by FUSE/fue is being requested by patients.
Now I am surprised at how much the demand has grown.
Therefore, I feel I should mention who would be suitable/best candidates for this and what they should keep in mind in terms of pre and post op care:
Since a %age of hair are in dormant/telogen phase at any time , all the hair can not be removed in a single session. However, unlike laser hair reduction, the hair follicle once removed from the root will not grow back.
Its advisable to go for a test session of hair removal to see the healing as it is different in different parts of the body. Only proceed for a larger session once you have undergone the test session and waited for atleast 4 weeks.
The best hair for removal are the ones with thick calibre (advantage over laser hair reduction is that whereas laser is not effective for white hair, FUSE/fue is equally effective on hair of any color).
- let the hair grow (do not shave it)
- get required blood tests to know, if possible, the cause of any increased hair growth
- Blood screening for diabetes, HIV hepatitis B etc
Post op :
- There will be erythema/redness on the area for a few days to a few weeks.
- Do not apply steroid creams especially in the first 2 weeks to reduce this redness
- Get rid of any scabs on a daily basis to hasten healing.
Please let me know your queries and suggestions.