Permanent hair removal - increasing demand

Dear forum readers,
I had mentioned how permanent hair removal by FUSE/fue is being requested by patients.
Now I am surprised at how much the demand has grown.

Therefore, I feel I should mention who would be suitable/best candidates for this and what they should keep in mind in terms of pre and post op care:

1. Since a %age of hair are in dormant/telogen phase at any time , all the hair can not be removed in a single session. However, unlike laser hair reduction, the hair follicle once removed from the root will not grow back.

2. Its advisable to go for a test session of hair removal to see the healing as it is different in different parts of the body. Only proceed for a larger session once you have undergone the test session and waited for atleast 4 weeks.

3. The best hair for removal are the ones with thick calibre (advantage over laser hair reduction is that whereas laser is not effective for white hair, FUSE/fue is equally effective on hair of any color).

Pre operatively:

1. let the hair grow (do not shave it)
  2. get required blood tests to know, if possible, the cause of any increased hair growth
  3. Blood screening for diabetes, HIV hepatitis B etc

Post op :

1. There will be erythema/redness on the area for a few days to a few weeks.
  2. Do not apply steroid creams especially in the first 2 weeks to reduce this redness
  3. Get rid of any scabs on a daily basis to hasten healing.

Please let me know your queries and suggestions.

Regards,
Dr. A

Hello Dr. Poswal, I tried electrolysis a few times over the years to get rid of some parts of my body hair (unibrow, ears, back of neck, lower back).

It was slow, sometimes caused scarring, and I could not tell how often it was permanent. Some of it definitely worked.

Anyway, can you compare the speed of the FUE/FUSE method versus electrolysis? Cost differences per hour? Scarring differences?

Do you do this yourself, or do you have staff trained for this?

Can you remove fine hair (like on my upper back and uppers shoulders) this way?

Thank you.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by tembo[/postedby]
Hello Dr. Poswal, I tried electrolysis a few times over the years to get rid of some parts of my body hair (unibrow, ears, back of neck, lower back).

It was slow, sometimes caused scarring, and I could not tell how often it was permanent. Some of it definitely worked.

Anyway, can you compare the speed of the FUE/FUSE method versus electrolysis? Cost differences per hour? Scarring differences?

Thank you.[/quote]

Wouldn’t it be better to transplant these hairs to your scalp rather than just getting rid of them entirely? That is such a waste in my opinion.

Why not just use No No ? It is being advertised everywhere as the device that can truly get rid of unwanted hair permanently and easily. No surgery necessary.

Yeah… frankly who cares.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by chris[/postedby]
Why not just use No No ? It is being advertised everywhere as the device that can truly get rid of unwanted hair permanently and easily. No surgery necessary.[/quote]

No No doesn’t work that well, if you go to Amazon you will see all the negative reviews.

Dear sir

I also want to get rid of my tiny visible hairs in ears.

With regards
Nitesh

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by tembo[/postedby]

Thank you.

[postedby]Originally Posted by stitchmeup[/postedby]

Wouldn’t it be better to transplant these hairs to your scalp rather than just getting rid of them entirely? That is such a waste in my opinion.[/quote]

I agree with you. At an emotional level it feels bad just taking out the roots and not transplanting them.
In patients that do require transplant we transplant the extracted roots.

But then there are those that just have an excess of hair. Those are the ones I was talking about. They just do not want those extra hair in unwanted places.

Regards,
Dr. A

An example of Permanent hair removal by FUSE/fue (A86- Repair Hair Transplant- Dr. A’s Clinic)

Click link below-
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-129614-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html