@Pat or anyone else: Does Armani do HT for diffuse hair loss suffers?

I have seen Armani do some great work with hairlines, but I am wondering whether he works with diffuse hair loss suffers? I am not balding as per the usual norwood scale - I have a stable zone which I estimate to be NW4 or NW5, but I am thinning uniformly in the top and on my vertex. Can Armani work with this?

Finally, I am curious as to what Armani thinks of Gho’s method for generating infinite donor hair (see here: http://www.hasci.com/default2.aspx?id_taal=fde5973a-30f9-444b-b749-2befab23e313).

I think I speak for many members here when I say that if Gho’s technique does work, and Armani can replicate it and give me a dense NW1 or 2 hair design, I would not hesitate to book my appointment.

Yes, Dr. Armani has worked on diffuse thinning and has produced very nice results in such cases. Diffuse cases are different because there is much more hair that the doctor has to implant in between. This is a special skill and if not done correctly transaction and shock loss can occur.

My first advice to you would be to speak with your family physician about Propecia and Rogaine. Both work best when hair shows signs of miniaturization, as in your case. Though not great at re-growing hair, both medications can work wonders by taking hair from the miniaturized stage back to thick and healthy hair.

If you have been on meds for an extended period of time and have decided a procedure is best for you then work on setting up a consultation with Dr. Armani.

Each case is evaluated separately. An online evaluation would develop a hairloss plan for you.

I hope this helps.

» Yes, Dr. Armani has worked on diffuse thinning and has produced very nice
» results in such cases. Diffuse cases are different because there is much
» more hair that the doctor has to implant in between. This is a special
» skill and if not done correctly transaction and shock loss can occur.
»
» My first advice to you would be to speak with your family physician about
» Propecia and Rogaine. Both work best when hair shows signs of
» miniaturization, as in your case. Though not great at re-growing hair, both
» medications can work wonders by taking hair from the miniaturized stage
» back to thick and healthy hair.
»
» If you have been on meds for an extended period of time and have decided a
» procedure is best for you then work on setting up a consultation with Dr.
» Armani.
»
» Each case is evaluated separately. An online evaluation would develop a
» hairloss plan for you.
»
» I hope this helps.

Thanks Pat. Your HT looks fantastic by the way. Can I ask whether you are still taking any medication? I am on Propecia but not Rogaine. I assume you will still need to take medication to prevent further loss?

Finally, how does Armani plan for future hair loss. I mean, say I will eventually go to a NW6 and there are suddenly bald patches where there are no transplanted hairs. What if I do not have enough donor hairs to cover these bald patches, or if I can cover them but only sparsely such that it doesn’t look very natural? No doubt Armani has done fantastic work, but one of the criticisms of Armani has been that he is quite aggressive and therefore may not plan adequately for future hair loss. Can I get your thoughts on this?

» Yes, Dr. Armani has worked on diffuse thinning and has produced very nice
» results in such cases. Diffuse cases are different because there is much
» more hair that the doctor has to implant in between. This is a special
» skill and if not done correctly transaction and shock loss can occur.
»
» My first advice to you would be to speak with your family physician about
» Propecia and Rogaine. Both work best when hair shows signs of
» miniaturization, as in your case. Though not great at re-growing hair, both
» medications can work wonders by taking hair from the miniaturized stage
» back to thick and healthy hair.
»
» If you have been on meds for an extended period of time and have decided a
» procedure is best for you then work on setting up a consultation with Dr.
» Armani.
»
» Each case is evaluated separately. An online evaluation would develop a
» hairloss plan for you.
»
» I hope this helps.

Also Pat, can I ask how old you are? I’ve been told that I shouldn’t consider a HT if I am too young (less than 35 y.o.).

I am 34, and yes I take Proscar.

If you are using meds that will help prevent you from going to a NW5 or NW6, but lets say the worst case scenario happens. You have a procedure for zones 1 and 2 for say 3,500 grafts…

So you have had your procedure for the front and are on meds which help maintain your crown thru your 30’s and 40’s, you get to enjoy a great full head of hair in your 30’s and 40’s :slight_smile:

Now say as you get older the meds wear off and your crown starts thinning, you may need to and should plan on a 2nd procedure for the crown, zones 3 and 4.

Take my case for example, I have had all 4 zones done with 6,400 grafts and you see my result, I have enough left in my donor for another procedure later in life should I need any area thickened up.

Again, you came in for 3,500 grafts for the front, then you come back for a crown procedure years later… Now see the model below.

Take someone such as yourself who has never had a procedure before, and Dr. Armani asses that he can harvest 8,000 grafts from your donor area over time.

You eventually need coverage from front to back, here is how it would be managed roughly:

Here is what is recomended to the patient

Zone - 1: 2500 follicular units at 80% density

Zone - 2: 2000 follicular units at 40% density

Zone - 3: 1240 follicular units at 30% density

Zone - 4: 2030 follicular units at 20% density

Total grafts 7,770

This strategy gives a high density front with a full dense hairline with many styling options and a lower density crown with great coverage.

Eric (sorry I have been calling you Pat all this time as I thought that was your name), thanks for your informative reply. It makes perfect sense to me. Just a few follow up questions if I may:

1. The 20% density for Zone 4 - will that give you reasonably good coverage? I see that another poster on this forum (Burberry) had 7000+ grafts. Is his Zone 4 indicative of how a 20% density coverage will look like?

2. Would this plan also work for other races, eg. Asians? I am Asian and I understand that Asians have less follicles to start with, so I may not have 8000 grafts to spare.

3. Does Dr. Armani do all surgery himself or does he have other doctors working for him? Armani’s work looks great to me and it is clear he has an artistic eye but I wonder if quality is diluted if other doctors are used instead.

4. Finally, am I right in assuming that the nearest clinic to NYC is the Toronto clinic?

Many thanks,
Leo

Leo,

Dr. Armani or his sister Dr. Sara Armani are the performing surgeons for all surgeries.

Yes it is true, different races have different hair characterisitics, but everyone is different and every case is unique. This is why it is important to have a plan that is taylored towards your needs.

The closest clinic to you would be the Toronto location. We also have our clinic in Los Angeles.

If you are interested in having a consultation please feel free to email me at eric@alviarmani.com