Optimistic

» A treatment is potentially 5 years away from legalization in the USA when
» it has finished half the FDA trials.
»
» 5 or 10 years ago nobody was that far along or even close.

ICX was…

» » A treatment is potentially 5 years away from legalization in the USA
» when
» » it has finished half the FDA trials.
» »
» » 5 or 10 years ago nobody was that far along or even close.
»
» ICX was…

ICX was based in Britain.

» » A treatment is potentially 5 years away from legalization in the USA
» when
» » it has finished half the FDA trials.
» »
» » 5 or 10 years ago nobody was that far along or even close.
»
» ICX was…

the clues where there from the beginning that ICX was going to fail. The trials are nothing like the ones now. The company wasn’t privately funded, had other projects, small scale trials and no variation on Gho’s already failed technique.

I haven’t been here long, I wasn’t losing hair when all the ICX stuff was going on, but when everyone talks about companies saying 5 years and leading everyone on; I can’t believe people actually believed it. Surely it was obvious from the big gap between phase 1 and 2 and the 16 person trial that ICX were never developing HM and had a million and one reasons to make everyone think they where on to something

ICX is not even a valid example. They were not anywhere near the halfway point of the trials 5 years ago, let alone 10 years.

This the crucial point I keep trying to make on these discussions - it doesn’t matter whether or not ICX actually failed. Their timeline predictions 5 and 10 years ago were still going completely against common sense even if they had eventually succeeded later on.