Opinions (Dr A, Dr Umar, Dr Woods as well as other drs.)

I just came across this thread. Not really posting much at all anymore enjoying the summer. Anyway. I read through all the post’s here is what I see. I was one of the people that viewed this poor guys result and the strip scar under his chin in a photo at doctor Woods office prior to my surgery back in 2003. As you can see I have been around a while . Anyway sure you can mixed it in it will definately grow. But what about if your hair thins more? It sticks out like a sore thumb. Beleive me this guy’s beard hair caliber was very wirey and he did get it removed. So you prospective repair patients do what you like. I would not use this resource for the head. Strip scar maybe another story. And as far in my opinion on the other hairs on the body. Hey I have not seen enough solo pure unnder arm hair ht’s in the last 4 years or so to think it makes a big cosmetic difference at all. And if Dr. Woods don’t want to do it. Then you go to another doctor that is willing to. Not such big drama to talk about. If there is a bunch of these patients that had other parts of bh extracted besides chest and maybe some thicker leg hair enough to really make a cosmetic difference for them. Good for them. I would expect these doctors to have availiable at the asking beard hair recepient patients with grown out results availiable for any patient considering this surgery before 1 hair is transplanted to the head. Call me cautious. But I know enough past patients from my years on the net that had to go back for corrective work.

» I just came across this thread. Not really posting much at all anymore
» enjoying the summer. Anyway. I read through all the post’s here is what I
» see. I was one of the people that viewed this poor guys result and the
» strip scar under his chin in a photo at doctor Woods office prior to my
» surgery back in 2003. As you can see I have been around a while . Anyway
» sure you can mixed it in it will definately grow. But what about if your
» hair thins more? It sticks out like a sore thumb. Beleive me this guy’s
» beard hair caliber was very wirey and he did get it removed. So you
» prospective repair patients do what you like. I would not use this
» resource for the head. Strip scar maybe another story. And as far in my
» opinion on the other hairs on the body. Hey I have not seen enough solo
» pure unnder arm hair ht’s in the last 4 years or so to think it makes a
» big cosmetic difference at all. And if Dr. Woods don’t want to do it. Then
» you go to another doctor that is willing to. Not such big drama to talk
» about. If there is a bunch of these patients that had other parts of bh
» extracted besides chest and maybe some thicker leg hair enough to really
» make a cosmetic difference for them. Good for them. I would expect these
» doctors to have availiable at the asking beard hair recepient patients
» with grown out results availiable for any patient considering this surgery
» before 1 hair is transplanted to the head. Call me cautious. But I know
» enough past patients from my years on the net that had to go back for
» corrective work.

Thanks for the reply Franklin. I guess in my case I’m not all that worried about my hair continuing to thin as I’m 49 years old and almost all (if not all) hair up on top is from transplants and not likely to be lost. I am however concerned about the hair looking out of place amongst my other hair. I think that concern can be mitigated by placing it sparsely throughout the scalp if there is plenty of other hair surrounding it.

Answers like yours are why this thread was started. I want to gather as many opnions as possible. Thanks.

Just have the doctors who you are considering have the patients availiable for viewing. Believe me in my ht journey there is nothing like seeing it in person. It is what seperates talk on the internet from the truth as you view it. Good luck.

» Just have the doctors who you are considering have the patients availiable
» for viewing. Believe me in my ht journey there is nothing like seeing it
» in person. It is what seperates talk on the internet from the truth as you
» view it. Good luck.

Even this isn’t full proof.A doc will never show you the bad results,only the good ones.The 3-5 patients the doc will show you may be 3-5 patiens out of 100 he had success with.

Yes Damon. Nothing is fool proof. This is why if you read way back on some of my very old posts from 4 years ago. I contacted the patients myself through the internet. Exchanged e-mails with photos. Talked on the phone. You be surprised at a lot of the people that are willing to help . They were in the same situation once considering ht. I did a lot of the leg work myself. I just did not rely on photos and internet talk. This is elective cosmetic surgery from the start so why not give yourself the best shot at getting it right the first time?

Yes I can verify that Franklin did help many people for years.

I came around after long time…

Guys, what can I say …, when I read about beard hair transplant again, my hands began to shake… :frowning:

Surely, every individual is different (so no quarrel with the guys above who are happy with their results), but in my case it was a disaster.
(To be more precise, it was a 3 years disaster within another much longer one, because my life with HT in the last 12 years has been one long torture :(:frowning:

Anyway, back to the topic: In my case the difference in caliber was even bigger than that shown in photos in the beginning of the thread (because my hair is extremely fine). It was not that bad within first 6-12 months, but later it really began “to stick out like a sore thumb”. Any yes, I agree with Franklin that “strip scar maybe another story”.

Thank you.

P.S. To Dr.A: I have tried to contact you on hairadvise101@yahoo.com and as a result I have received something like news e-mails only. Please, would you be so kind to tell me the address where I can contact you ? Thank you.

P.S.P.S I am the poster known before as “Programmer”. I just have lost my password and my e-mail address has changed as well. My new nickname is my real first name.

Hi Franklin, how have you been? You are married man now ? :slight_smile:

Yes, you sure did your homework before you decided to go to Dr. Woods. It all pays off big time. We need to get you a personal journal set up so that you can put that in your post’s signature.

» P.S. To Dr.A: I have tried to contact you on hairadvise101@yahoo.com and
» as a result I have received something like news e-mails only. Please,
» would you be so kind to tell me the address where I can contact you ?
» Thank you.
»
» P.S.P.S I am the poster known before as “Programmer”. I just have lost my
» password and my e-mail address has changed as well. My new nickname is my
» real first name.

Dear Pavel,
I tried but couldnt locate your email in my inbox nor the bulk folder.
Can you please resend the email with copy to aposwal1@yahoo.com ?

Regards,
Dr. A

Hey David how are you? Well we just returned from the Dominican Republic on vacation and are talking about marriage possibly next year. I will be back in her home country colombia in a few months and we will tell her family our plans. Yes I will be in contact and we can do a personal journal.Hope all is well with you.

» Hey David how are you? Well we just returned from the Dominican Republic on
» vacation and are talking about marriage possibly next year. I will be back
» in her home country colombia in a few months and we will tell her family
» our plans. Yes I will be in contact and we can do a personal journal.Hope
» all is well with you.

Hey Franklin I have been to the Dominican Republic and I am married to a Dominican. Beautiful Country.

» Hey David how are you? Well we just returned from the Dominican Republic on
» vacation and are talking about marriage possibly next year. I will be back
» in her home country colombia in a few months and we will tell her family
» our plans. Yes I will be in contact and we can do a personal journal.Hope
» all is well with you.

I KNEW IT!

You can’t fool me, I have been teasing you for years, remember?

Congrats my friend…

» I came around after long time…
»
» Guys, what can I say …, when I read about beard hair transplant again,
» my hands began to shake… :frowning:
»
» Surely, every individual is different (so no quarrel with the guys above
» who are happy with their results), but in my case it was a disaster.
» (To be more precise, it was a 3 years disaster within another much longer
» one, because my life with HT in the last 12 years has been one long
» torture :(:frowning:
»
» Anyway, back to the topic: In my case the difference in caliber was even
» bigger than that shown in photos in the beginning of the thread (because
» my hair is extremely fine). It was not that bad within first 6-12 months,
» but later it really began “to stick out like a sore thumb”. Any yes, I
» agree with Franklin that “strip scar maybe another story”.
»
» Thank you.

Pavel, thanks for writing. Can you provide additional details such as:

who did your surgery?
how much beard hair did you use?
where did you place beard hair (spread throughout top or one location)?
was beard hair mixed in among other scalp hair?