Oct 2014: New engineering method shows promise for hair

http://stemcellstm.alphamedpress.org/content/early/2014/08/25/sctm.2013-0217.abstract

Looks like she’s used the concept of “wounding” in an innovative way, adding HF stem cells (which according to Cotsarelis and Garza, have never been cultured), as well as DP cells, to wounded skin which is in the process of healing… and grown more skin, with new hair (!!!) If this is true, a big breakthrough! Needs confirmation, though.

This is too technical for me to understand , it is probably one of those that get discussed in scientific communities but never reach commercial development stage. I hope Histogen will come through for us and that will be the end of it.

Here’s the part that I find promising: The suggestion that incorporating any of the hair-producing elements might benefit the process of reforming skin in general.

If researchers are forced to unravel the mysteries of follicle formation just to regrow functional skin for any purpose, then they might finally get serious about understanding hair.

Downside: So far this deal has only talked about early stages of follicles. Cotsarelis has spent the last decade demonstrating that making proto-follicles does not quickly lead to making good usable terminal scalp hairs.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
Here’s the part that I find promising: The suggestion that incorporating any of the hair-producing elements might benefit the process of reforming skin in general.

If researchers are forced to unravel the mysteries of follicle formation just to regrow functional skin for any purpose, then they might finally get serious about understanding hair.[/quote]

Agreed!