Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Not a formal Update

The updates I’ve been posting here are the same as my personal text documents I’ve been keeping. I’m not ready for another formal update as yet as I’m not sure that I have anything to update. If I was to judge results at this moment, I would call my experiment a resounding failure. But peeling finished only 4 or 5 days ago so maybe it is too early to comment. I’ll do a formal update as soon as developments warrant it.

» The updates I’ve been posting here are the same as my personal text
» documents I’ve been keeping. I’m not ready for another formal update as yet
» as I’m not sure that I have anything to update. If I was to judge results
» at this moment, I would call my experiment a resounding failure. But
» peeling finished only 4 or 5 days ago so maybe it is too early to comment.
» I’ll do a formal update as soon as developments warrant it.

baccy—if you made some hair up there it may be several weeks before you seen it poking out from your scalp

hair follicle neogenesis means making ‘baby hair’ again like when you were a baby, many babies are born bald and their hair comes in kinda slow----this ‘process’ is making brand new hair out of epidermal skin cells so even when they are made they may not enlarge very quickly

i admire your courage and persistence

however i think you are a perfect example of guys who are so panicked and desperate they will try anything to get their hair back

is it that devastating to be bald to risk your health?

I believe everyone doing a chemical peel will fail. It is my believe that it just is´nt enough disruption to the epidermis. If everyone would do mechanical wounding and remove the epidermis completely we would know that the error is either the timing of drugs or the drugs it self. With chemical peeling we have three unknown factors which all could lead to the failure of the experiment.

» » The updates I’ve been posting here are the same as my personal text
» » documents I’ve been keeping. I’m not ready for another formal update as
» yet
» » as I’m not sure that I have anything to update. If I was to judge
» results
» » at this moment, I would call my experiment a resounding failure. But
» » peeling finished only 4 or 5 days ago so maybe it is too early to
» comment.
» » I’ll do a formal update as soon as developments warrant it.
»
» i admire your courage and persistence
»
» however i think you are a perfect example of guys who are so panicked and
» desperate they will try anything to get their hair back
»
» is it that devastating to be bald to risk your health?
For me, it is HangingInthere. I am suffering every day, sometimes consciously and sometimes unconsciously. I can’t function normally when it comes to girls, even if they have showed interest in me, I basically say no to them since I am so unconfident because of my hair loss. I will see a psychologist for this. I am missing on so much in my life because of this, I feel it destroys me slowly. But I am very causious about trying unproved things, I have not even tried Propecia nor Rogaine because of all the terrifying stories about the side effects. So for me, a cure would basically save my life.

But I am also realistic and am aware of the fact that new treatments take time. And they have researched hair growth for a long time without anything effective yet. So based on previous history, the future is not bright. But new things are coming up, new findings etc., so the only thing I can do is hope.

Not to mention the technical challenge of the problem…

I bet if any of these guys did achieve significant success they
would be right on trying to solve some other interesting problem,
it’s also about the nature of the challenge and the understanding
of the technical aspects as well…

Probably as interesting as many other pursuits one could spend a
little spare time and effort on :slight_smile:

» Not to mention the technical challenge of the problem…
»
» I bet if any of these guys did achieve significant success they
» would be right on trying to solve some other interesting problem,
» it’s also about the nature of the challenge and the understanding
» of the technical aspects as well…
»
» Probably as interesting as many other pursuits one could spend a
» little spare time and effort on :slight_smile:

Thats an interesting observation. TCA peels, lasers, CO2, sunburns are all mentioned in the patent as well as abrasion. With the other methods of inducing reepilithialization the outer skin is damaged and peels off on its own in a few days instead of being removed instantly by rubbing it off

One definitely removes the dermis with TCA peels, but the skin that is destroyed by the acid doesnt come off right away but flakes off in ensuing days.

The two weird getfitinib hair growth photos that debris posted were probably the results of mild sunburn at just the right time, but in the experimental section of the follica patent, only abrasion with a felt-wheeled instrument was used for epidermal disruption. I wonder if they will indeed find that one method of epidermal disruption is better for whatever biochemical reason than others over time. Rox Anderson, on Follica’s team, is a laser expert and I think this is a hint at what direction they’d at least LIKE to take in skin disruption. If you are trusting some tech to do the abrasion manually with a dermabrading instrument, the window might be a day earlier or later depending on human error----but a laser is something that can be “timed” and calibrated to the same power in each application. However, different people no doubt have thinner/thicker/more resiliant skin so even at that, predicting the precise time of the embryonic window might still prove difficult.

I have no doubt that this will work in making new hair. We have seen two pictures of it, and Follica was able to make human hair on human skin everytime they tried it when human skin was grafted onto the backs of SCID mice…so it will work, but I also am resigned to thinking that it will have to be done professionally to really get consistent results. There are just so many variables in getting the embryonic window and the necessary drugs to the epidermal skin cells without other chemicals possibly interefereing with what they are doing.

People on this board should be feeling very good however, Aderans starting phase two with real people …follica trialling at Harvard with real people, these entities think they “have it” obviously.

» » The updates I’ve been posting here are the same as my personal text
» » documents I’ve been keeping. I’m not ready for another formal update as
» yet
» » as I’m not sure that I have anything to update. If I was to judge
» results
» » at this moment, I would call my experiment a resounding failure. But
» » peeling finished only 4 or 5 days ago so maybe it is too early to
» comment.
» » I’ll do a formal update as soon as developments warrant it.
»
» I believe everyone doing a chemical peel will fail. It is my believe that
» it just is´nt enough disruption to the epidermis. If everyone would do
» mechanical wounding and remove the epidermis completely we would know that
» the error is either the timing of drugs or the drugs it self. With chemical
» peeling we have three unknown factors which all could lead to the failure
» of the experiment.

What are the 3 unknown factors?

For me it is type of and dosage of the drug, timing of application and depth of wounding. others may disagree.
» » » The updates I’ve been posting here are the same as my personal text » » » documents I’ve been keeping. I’m not ready for another formal update » as » » yet » » » as I’m not sure that I have anything to update. If I was to judge » » results » » » at this moment, I would call my experiment a resounding failure. But » » » peeling finished only 4 or 5 days ago so maybe it is too early to » » comment. » » » I’ll do a formal update as soon as developments warrant it. » » » » I believe everyone doing a chemical peel will fail. It is my believe » that » » it just is´nt enough disruption to the epidermis. If everyone would do » » mechanical wounding and remove the epidermis completely we would know » that » » the error is either the timing of drugs or the drugs it self. With » chemical » » peeling we have three unknown factors which all could lead to the » failure » » of the experiment. » » What are the 3 unknown factors?

When did you see results from your last experiment? Was it around this time?

»
» hair follicle neogenesis means making ‘baby hair’ again like when you were
» a baby,

I wish it were so. This process forms terminal hair a couple of weeks from wounding. That’s why it’s so good. You know within a couple of weeks whether you’ve been successful or not. The hair I gained last time was terminal immediately as it appeared.

»
» is it that devastating to be bald to risk your health?

I haven’t really done anything to risk my health. I am, shall we say, one of the more ‘conservative’ experimenters.

» I believe everyone doing a chemical peel will fail.

I agree. That is why after I’d applied the chemical peel, I sanded the scalp. My scalp disruption isn’t at fault. It’s my protocol and possibly the topical formulation.

»
»
» When did you see results from your last experiment? Was it around this
» time?

I should have been seeing new/rejuvenated TERMINAL hair beginning to poke through by now. More comes later but initial results should now be visible based on my previous experience.