News

Thanks for posting a real news story, superhl (and a good one).

Hope this attracts some good attention from intelligent forum members, and helps to submerge that Pilox crap for a while…

I’m really getting tired of these teaser articles. Every once and a while, you see an article like this and then several years go by and you never hear anything about again. Yay.

Its your own fault for giving yourself false hope.

Of course any new discovery will have to come with why we should care about the discovery, otherwise there would be no point to discovering anything.

If an article simply state that they found protein X65f4, and the signaling pathway that causes its gene expression, then no one would have a clue what that means. Scientific articles will report a new discovery and it will ALWAYS report the reason why we should care.

If a new protein is discovered that may lead to a hair loss cure, then they will report that. No one is tricking you or taking your money to spread this information. Its simply information and you might not care, but students who are interested in research who might one day use this information and do something with it will care.

Stop being so small minded.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Thanks for posting a real news story, superhl (and a good one).

Hope this attracts some good attention from intelligent forum members, and helps to submerge that Pilox crap for a while…[/quote]
Thanks. We gotta be getting really close!

I didn’t see anything new in that article.

We already know Wnts have an impact on hair growth.

You can more or less write off any hormonal cure for hair loss coming in our lifetime.
It will take on average 10 to 15 years (minimum) to get through the FDA and
hundreds of millions of dollars… which nobody has.

The only possibility of a cure (in my humble opinion of course) is cell
therapy. The number of researchers in this field are so very few.

And the few who do show up here are hounded by monkeys who are too stupid to
understand how few in number these experimenting researchers are.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is going to be a cure in our life time -
not the meaningful part of it anyways. I say this after having been on this
forum for about 10 years.

Not small minded at all. I’ve got a very open mind. So when I see 100 articles that say “stem cells can grow new hair” over a period of 20 years, I kind hope to see a worker prototype at some point. Otherwise, why repeat the same thing over and over with no actual advancements based on the 20 year old theory? Can you imagine how cancer patients feel when they read all those articles that say a cure for cancer is right around the corner? What corner? The 5 year corner or the 100 year corner? Anyhow, I really doubt a hairloss cure will be available in your lifetime given this rate. But keep an open mind, your open mind might help you grandchildren’s grandchildren. :wink:

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by JamesJ[/postedby]
Not small minded at all. I’ve got a very open mind. So when I see 100 articles that say “stem cells can grow new hair” over a period of 20 years, I kind hope to see a worker prototype at some point. Otherwise, why repeat the same thing over and over with no actual advancements based on the 20 year old theory? Can you imagine how cancer patients feel when they read all those articles that say a cure for cancer is right around the corner? What corner? The 5 year corner or the 100 year corner? Anyhow, I really doubt a hairloss cure will be available in your lifetime given this rate. But keep an open mind, your open mind might help you grandchildren’s grandchildren. ;)[/quote]

This may or may not help some of our members, but i had a a “groundhog day” on this forum many years ago where i realised that this hamster wheel we are all on was here to stay for a very long time… which sadly has proved to be true…
So…i decided to get transplants… purposefully low density so i had coverage all over my head, this enabled me to create the realistic illusion of a full head of hair using Toppik at first and now Caboki… Seriously guys if you have the cash… get low density transplant coverage, cut your hair shortand use fibres with a gel spray to give shine… undetectable… simples… :slight_smile:

What is caboki and why do you like it better than toppik?

Not small minded at all. I’ve got a very open mind. So when I see 100 articles that say “stem cells can grow new hair” over a period of 20 years, I kind hope to see a worker prototype at some point. Otherwise, why repeat the same thing over and over with no actual advancements based on the 20 year old theory? Can you imagine how cancer patients feel when they read all those articles that say a cure for cancer is right around the corner? What corner? The 5 year corner or the 100 year corner? Anyhow, I really doubt a hairloss cure will be available in your lifetime given this rate. But keep an open mind, your open mind might help you grandchildren’s grandchildren. :wink:

[postedby]Originally Posted by TonyUK[/postedby]

This may or may not help some of our members, but i had a a “groundhog day” on this forum many years ago where i realised that this hamster wheel we are all on was here to stay for a very long time… which sadly has proved to be true…
So…i decided to get transplants… purposefully low density so i had coverage all over my head, this enabled me to create the realistic illusion of a full head of hair using Toppik at first and now Caboki… Seriously guys if you have the cash… get low density transplant coverage, cut your hair shortand use fibres with a gel spray to give shine… undetectable… simples… :-)[/quote]

[quote]

So…i decided to get transplants… purposefully low density so i had coverage all over my head, this enabled me to create the realistic illusion of a full head of hair using Toppik at first and now Caboki… Seriously guys if you have the cash… get low density transplant coverage, cut your hair shortand use fibres with a gel spray to give shine… undetectable… simples… :-)[/quote]

Simple… until your remaining hair starts falling out and those transplants
stick out like a sore thumb.

When that happens… instead of caboki, you’ll be getting a bukake from Japanese
men.

[quote]

So…i decided to get transplants… purposefully low density so i had coverage all over my head, this enabled me to create the realistic illusion of a full head of hair using Toppik at first and now Caboki… Seriously guys if you have the cash… get low density transplant coverage, cut your hair shortand use fibres with a gel spray to give shine… undetectable… simples… :slight_smile:

[postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]

men.[/quote]

You speakey da English Freddie? U read the part of my post where i said “purposefully low density so i had coverage all over my head,”

Or did you only reply to the post so you could use your lame Bukakke quip?

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]

men.

You speakey da English Freddie? U read the part of my post where i said “purposefully low density so i had coverage all over my head,”

Or did you only reply to the post so you could use your lame Bukakke quip?[/quote]

Why didn’t you answer my question about caboki? How is it better than toppik?

I totally agree with you TonyUK. I gave up on cell based treatments after seeing aderans and replicell fail and got a transplant. No regrets at all, it was the best decision ever. It has given me some instant relief actually.

I had my hair line fixed but still have a balding crown (which i use toppik, dermmatch on, so it doesn’t bother much). Luckily I have very good donor (hair density and hair shaft thickness is quite high), so I will be able to get full coverage with a second transplant and I have been able to slow down my hair loss drastically with propecia (u really have to stick to propecia for at least a full year to see it work).

You’re all going to get bukkaked as your hair continues to fall out.
There is never a happy ending to a hair transplant 2, 3, 4 years down the
line. At least not from someone who isn’t a shill for some hair transplant
clinic.

That your transplant is low density and spread out means nothing. As you go
bald, the transplanted hairs which remain in place look weird and attract
unwanted stares. Its almost as if people are trying to figure out why these
hairs are growing where they are not supposed to and can’t take their eyes
off it.

I hold the Olympic record for spotting a transplant from a distance - and it
was on a guy who’s existing hair was falling out. Its very obvious.

Second, there is no “safe zone” when it comes to transplants. The hair on
the back of your head can thin just as the hairs on the top do. It happens
unexpectedly even while on meds to slow down hair loss. You never know when
nature will decide to accelerate the clock on your rate of hair loss.

Gentlemen, you have violated the The Third Law of Baldness which states :

“A hair transplant is a road to a whole new set of miseries down the line.”

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]
You’re all going to get bukkaked as your hair continues to fall out.
There is never a happy ending to a hair transplant 2, 3, 4 years down the
line. At least not from someone who isn’t a shill for some hair transplant
clinic.

That your transplant is low density and spread out means nothing. As you go
bald, the transplanted hairs which remain in place look weird and attract
unwanted stares. Its almost as if people are trying to figure out why these
hairs are growing where they are not supposed to and can’t take their eyes
off it.

I hold the Olympic record for spotting a transplant from a distance - and it
was on a guy who’s existing hair was falling out. Its very obvious.

Second, there is no “safe zone” when it comes to transplants. The hair on
the back of your head can thin just as the hairs on the top do. It happens
unexpectedly even while on meds to slow down hair loss. You never know when
nature will decide to accelerate the clock on your rate of hair loss.

Gentlemen, you have violated the The Third Law of Baldness which states :

“A hair transplant is a road to a whole new set of miseries down the line.”[/quote]

You are always saying this stuff. But you refuse to acknowledge the fact that not everyone with MPB problems goes NW#6-7. Look around, there are tons of men in middle age and older who fall between NW#2.0 and NW#5. HTs are risky but with an ethical doc they are still the best option for quite a few men.