News from Inside Intercytex

» Umm…why is anybody, even for a split second, believing that this guy is
» anything but completely full of shit?
»
» A secret special friend who is privy to inside info on ICX? Come on…
»
»
» HAy guess whjat guyz! My sisters, boyfriends, cousins brother is Paul
» Kemps paperboy and he says TRC grows all your hair back with one
» injection, costs £10 and you get a free lollipop as well!
»

Wow sign me up, I want that lollipop.

» that’s quite a HUGE problem. I wouldn’t go for hm if there is the
» slightest problem on density or/and direction.

Well, Fatal, I think you’re going to be very disappointed, then. Direction won’t be perfect. Personally, I think that’s too much to ask, and the prospect of getting my hair back greatly outweighs my concerns over direction.

I never paid that much attention to the direction of my hair, even back in college when it was very thick and I wore it pretty long. One solution to imperfect direction is to go for a short haircut – something like a Brad Pitt look. For me, it’s all about filling in space with hair – not about having the hairs look impeccable and perfect. That’s something way up on the luxury scale. I’ll let Stone Phillips and Trent Lott worry about that!

» My sentiments exactly. I predict this will be this guys first and last
» post.

People here attacked nathan for posting what he claimed to be positive insider information from Aderans, and nathan kept on coming back to post again and again. If this guy is lying, why should he stop coming back?

Learn from history!!

» » My sentiments exactly. I predict this will be this guys first and last
» » post.
»
» People here attacked nathan for posting what he claimed to be positive
» insider information from Aderans, and nathan kept on coming back to post
» again and again. If this guy is lying, why should he stop coming back?
»
» Learn from history!!
I thinks its pretty much assumed at this point that Nathan has no real insider info. He still claims something is gonna be released this year.

LOL. So basically what you’re saying is that it’s too easy for someone to come to HairSite and make up a story like this. True, but think of the flip-side. It is EXACTLY as easy for a person to come to HairSite to make up a lie, as it is for them to come to HairSite and tell the truth about a real incident. No easier. No harder.

Now, assuming that Intercytex has more than one employee, it stands to reason that these employees will have friends and acquaintances. And that, even if these friends and acquaintances don’t know about HairSite at first, all they have to do is Google “Intercytex” and they’ll come up with a million posts – on this forum. Then all they have to do is come here and post about it.

We have to also assume that people are people, and that not everyone “connected with Intercytex” will walk around mute all day, refusing to say a word about the company.

So, in objectively assessing the likelihood of this person’s telling the truth, and not knowing this guy personally, I would have to say that it’s premature to label it rubbish. It’s at least as likely, right now, that he’s telling the truth as that he’s fabricating a story.

I’m not saying he’s definitely telling the truth, just that we can’t jump to conclusions. Sit back, don’t get your hopes up too high about this one post, but also keep an open mind!

I do not really care if you believe me or not. In truth I do not know this person all that well, which is why I called him an “acquaintance”. To answer some questions, it appears Intercytex will release details in late September, although I am not sure if that is new information. Keep in mind ICX-TRC is their flagship product, so they want to be extremely careful in how they release information from their trials.

–JoeBobBriggs

» Umm…why is anybody, even for a split second, believing that this guy is
» anything but completely full of shit?
»
» A secret special friend who is privy to inside info on ICX? Come on…
»
»
»
» For a board which is, supposedly, focused on the scientific method, there
» can be a distinct lack of critical judgement sometimes.

» » that’s quite a HUGE problem. I wouldn’t go for hm if there is the
» » slightest problem on density or/and direction.
»
» Well, Fatal, I think you’re going to be very disappointed, then.
» Direction won’t be perfect. Personally, I think that’s too much to ask,
» and the prospect of getting my hair back greatly outweighs my concerns
» over direction.
»
» I never paid that much attention to the direction of my hair, even back in
» college when it was very thick and I wore it pretty long. One solution to
» imperfect direction is to go for a short haircut – something like a Brad
» Pitt look. For me, it’s all about filling in space with hair – not
» about having the hairs look impeccable and perfect. That’s something way
» up on the luxury scale. I’ll let Stone Phillips and Trent Lott worry
» about that!

hi JTR,
i too don’t matter if my hair isn’t like pratt bitt, in the perfect direction etc. But when it comes to having hair looking patchy, i don’t know. Imo there’s a very big difference between having hair in the proper direction and not brushed well and trying to brush your hair from something which is naturally not rightly oriented. If the hair from TRC looks like those we’ve seen on mouse, regardeing angle, that’s a big problem. Still, i think the statement from JoeBobBriggs is weird since TRC is supposed to rejuvenate hair instead of creating new follicules. All of this is weird anyway.

» Still, i think the statement from JoeBobBriggs is weird since TRC
» is supposed to rejuvenate hair instead of creating new follicules. All of
» this is weird anyway.

Fatal, this business about TRC “rejuvenating” hair is a MYTH!!!

Honestly, I don’t know how or where this BS started, but they never said for sure they were only “rejuvenating” dormant hair follicles. I think this is a complete myth that was spread here on HairSite, by people posting here who just don’t know what they’re really talking about. They said it was “rejuvenation”, but that was just their own theory, and then the theory spread far and wide so that lots of people just assumed it was true. These people made a big ASSUMPTION and their assumption was WRONG!!

Please read the post by damon, above, where he quotes Dr. Kemp.

TRC is not just “rejuvenating” dormant hairs. They NEVER verified that they’re doing this, and more likely, according to their own admissions lately, TRC accomplishes a mixture of both some rejuvenation (really, regeneration) and some FOLLICULAR NEOGENESIS. (Most likely, in my opinion, it is mostly follicular neogenesis).

I do however want to point out one inconsistency in what Dr. Kemp said:

"13. Would new hair grow in the same direction as the old?

“In the ICX-TRC procedure we are not transplanting hair follicles, instead we are implanting cells into the skin which induce new hair growth, so there is no reason for these hairs to grow in a different direction from before.”

Note that the answer he gave here is not logical. He says in ICX-TRC they are not transplanting follicles, but injecting cells, therefore there’s no reason for the hairs to grow in a different direction from before. That does not follow logically from his first premise. On the contrary, we know that in HT, where follicles are transplanted, the follicles CAN be made to grow in the proper direction. Direction, if it becomes an issue anywhere, is much more likely to be a crapshoot when injecting cells, not when transplanting follicles.

I think that Dr. Kemp was just talking off the top of his head (literally?) here, and not really thinking through his answer. So, I think that this particular answer can be written off as an impromptu slip of the tongue, or a mistake, by Dr. Kemp. However, Dr. Kemp’s other answers (posted by damon above) are much more revealing and informative, because he appears to be reasoning them out and speaking from actual knowledge.

Finally, regarding Brad Pitt, I’m not talking about the “perfection” of his hair. Yes, his hair may be perfect, but look at how he wears it most of the time – cut very short, so that direction doesn’t matter so much.

» I am posting because I recently had dinner with somebody who is connected
» to Intercytex. My acquaintance tells me they are having promising results
» from Phase II volunteers. At this point it appears ICX-TRC will be very
» good for the crown and vertex, but not for the hairline. The main problem
» is that the hair direction is too unpredictable. However, I was very
» pleased with what he had to say about density. I cannot reveal too much
» because then it would compromise his identity, but my friend claims all
» volunteers have had significant (i.e., 60%) growth of the injections in a
» small area that was previously completely bald.
»
» -JoeBobBriggs

And that’s the biggest issue many forget to consider. It’s one thing to have some success from the injections, but how does one achieve the perfection that mother nature provide’s in hair direction and angulation, establishment of the FUs, etc. I believe if hair direction is not right including the crown, it will not look natural. It could potentially look like a hair piece and not provide that natural aesthetic appeal. Still, we are much farther down the road than we were ten years ago.

Now with cloning, that’s different. One can implant the cloned follicle within pre-made tissue grafts so control can be maintained in placement and artistry.

I’ll leave it at that.

No, the hell I won’t.

What are the chances of someone who has an “aquaintance” who WORKS AT INTERCYTEX, who just happens to know about THIS MESSAGE BOARD on an relatively obscure HM forum WHO HAS NEVER POSTED HERE BEFORE (but apparantly has ghosted for a while) just casually mentioning what an ICX employee has revealed ABOUT A TRIAL WITH PROPRIETARY INFORMATION AT STAKE when there are compeditors who would love to know ICX’s methods? Then this same aquaintance WHO HAS NEVER POSTED HERE BEFORE just looks up this website for the hell of it, and gives us all a heads up because he just knows that a bunch of guys out there in cyberspace with an exaggerated interest in hair would LOVE TO KNOW ICX’s success or failure in this trial. So this “aquaintance”, out of the kindness of his heart, goes through the rigamorole of creating a screename, makes up a password, types it twice, creates an account, signs in and starts a brand new thread out of sypathy HERE, but not at HairlossBALK or HairlossBelp or any of the other hairlosssites?

Would the aquainted “employee” be in any trouble for releasing any info early to a mere “aquaintance”?

Odifourous…I want a peppermint lolipop for my nose’s sake.

» I’ll leave it at that.
»
»
» No, the hell I won’t.
»
»
»
» What are the chances of someone who has an “aquaintance” who WORKS AT
» INTERCYTEX, who just happens to know about THIS MESSAGE BOARD on an
» relatively obscure HM forum WHO HAS NEVER POSTED HERE BEFORE (but
» apparantly has ghosted for a while) just casually mentioning what an ICX
» employee has revealed ABOUT A TRIAL WITH PROPRIETARY INFORMATION AT STAKE
» when there are compeditors who would love to know ICX’s methods? Then this
» same aquaintance WHO HAS NEVER POSTED HERE BEFORE just looks up this
» website for the hell of it, and gives us all a heads up because he just
» knows that a bunch of guys out there in cyberspace with an exaggerated
» interest in hair would LOVE TO KNOW ICX’s success or failure in this
» trial. So this “aquaintance”, out of the kindness of his heart, goes
» through the rigamorole of creating a screename, makes up a password, types
» it twice, creates an account, signs in and starts a brand new thread out of
» sypathy HERE, but not at HairlossBALK or HairlossBelp or any of the other
» hairlosssites?
»
»
» Would the aquainted “employee” be in any trouble for releasing any info
» early to a mere “aquaintance”?
»
»
»
» Odifourous…I want a peppermint lolipop for my
» nose’s sake.

dude, its not hard to find this site. you type hairloss in almost any search engine and this comes up in the top three results. also this dude could be a regular poster who created a seperate account for all we know. i know if i had some inside information i wouldnt post under this account so people can hunt me down for information, lol.

i till don’t know if i believe him though. i’d rather hear it from ICX, plus 60% growth rate aint nothing to be doing back flips over. in grade school 60% is failing, lol. try to pass to the next grade with an overall average of 60% and see how far you get.

i guess we’ll have to wait until 2nd or 3rd generation Hm to get a decent looking head of hair anyway.

The probability that Joe or his friends are just trying to be interesting is greatly above 50%

How many times we have heard similar leaked infos that never have been proven to be anything close to accurate or true?

JoeBob:

Did you know about HairSite before you had the conversation with that person? Had you ever seen this forum before? Have you ever posted here before?

Thanks,

JTR

»
» dude, its not hard to find this site. you type hairloss in almost any
» search engine and this comes up in the top three results. also this dude
» could be a regular poster who created a seperate account for all we know.
» i know if i had some inside information i wouldnt post under this account
» so people can hunt me down for information, lol.

Right, WAMHB. In fact, I don’t know why it hasn’t occurred to benji that even if JoeBobBriggs had NEVER heard of HairSite or Intercytex before, after having a conversation with the guy from Intercytex (assuming that really happened), all he’d have to do would be to google “Intercytex” and he’d find not just Intercytex’s website, but THIS HAIRSITE FORUM, on which Intercytex has been mentioned… oh, I don’t know… about a MILLION TIMES.

This is not rocket science, people.

I have looked up this site before, but I haven’t looked it up in the past couple of years. I figure hair multiplication research is too slow to monitor on a monthly let alone yearly basis. By the way, there is one other thing I forgot to mention: my acquaintance said they also tested a larger balding area in addition to the small bald area but the density results were about the same regardless (i.e., above 60% with some variability).

Oh, and I should say he does not work for Intercytex. If you go back and read my first post, I only said he was “connected” to Intercytex.

–JoeBobBriggs

» JoeBob:
»
» Did you know about HairSite before you had the conversation with that
» person? Had you ever seen this forum before? Have you ever posted here
» before?
»
» Thanks,
»
» JTR

Here is the results of “Intercytex”:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2006-16,GGLR:en&q=intercytex

Nothing on this site my friend.

I wish I weren’t so cynical JTR about this “Billy Bob Briggs”, but the fact that el Nathano didn’t jump on this thread…ah, well…

ICX said “mid year” before they’d have phase 2 data, but they have been a little late before and Im hoping by October 1, they give us some news personally. But man, until it comes from them…all this “friend” stuff and secret sources, etc. Well, you know…we have all had our hopes up in the past.

Nevertheless I could be very wrong and Joe Bob Briggs, who was a character and writer here in America who used to write for Playboy magazine and review movies (horror) on the old USA cable network (which probably isn’t shown in Britan), could be a cultural icon known to a BRITISH poster who just happened to have dinner with ONE of Intercytex’s 70 employees who just happened to be one of ICX’s employees “in the know” about the preliminary results of the hair trial that is ongoing, just “mighta sorta” mentioned that during this dinner that the trial is going well, and we are getting 60% response in the recip area (a novice wouldn’t know what that meant), and that kind soul found this website, which has less posters and traffic than Hairlosskelp or Hairbosstall or regoof.con would have chosen this one site, and this HM forum (remember, the ICX google results page does not mention this site)…well, my friend JTR (whom I adore), Im just dubious.

But that being said my friend, I’d love to be wrong. Im getting to be a cynical old fart aren’t I? :lol3:

------Thats probably from arguing with the shampoo guys.

» Here is the results of “Intercytex”:
» intercytex - Google Search
»

I never said that JoeBobBriggs would have to find HairSite on the first page of results. All I said was, that if he Googled “Intercytex”, he would find many references to Intercytex on this HairSite forum. I’m assuming he’s not fool enough just to go through one page of results.

Look at the last result here:

http://www.google.com/search?q=intercytex+icx+trc&hl=en&start=10&sa=N

And I didn’t even type in “Hairsite” as a search word.

Anyway, JBB answered me above, and told us he was aware of HairSite, and visited the forum last a few years ago, but visits very rarely because HM progress moves too slowly to keep his interest. So the issue is moot. However, my point stands that he still could have found us using Google, if he had searched for “Intercytex”. There are thousands of pages and posts from this forum accessible on Google.

Also, benji, a couple of things:

1. JBB just now said it wasn’t an employee of Intercytex. He said the person was “connected” with ICX. Could be a trials patient, or a trials patient’s family member. Could be a janitor at the Farjo Clinic, for all we know.

2. JBB doesn’t have to be in Britain. He might be, but remember ICX also has an office in Massachusetts.

3. True the use of the name “JoeBobBriggs” suggests an American or a person very familiar with American culture, but a Brit could know this, too. If I post here as “Declan Patrick McManus”, it doesn’t mean I have to be a Brit, because only a Brit would know that’s Elvis Costello.

Interesting, though, that our friend JoeBob hasn’t used a single word, or turn of phrase, that would enable us to nail him either as a Briton or as an American.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&q=joe+bob+briggs&btnG=Search

Who is JoeBobBriggs? Is it an old forum’s member? Does anyone know JoeBobBriggs? how many posts did Joe write?