News from Inside Intercytex

I am posting because I recently had dinner with somebody who is connected to Intercytex. My acquaintance tells me they are having promising results from Phase II volunteers. At this point it appears ICX-TRC will be very good for the crown and vertex, but not for the hairline. The main problem is that the hair direction is too unpredictable. However, I was very pleased with what he had to say about density. I cannot reveal too much because then it would compromise his identity, but my friend claims all volunteers have had significant (i.e., 60%) growth of the injections in a small area that was previously completely bald.

-JoeBobBriggs

That’s good news. I guess you’d still need a HT to do the hairline though. In theory you could get an “18 year old hair line”, fill in temples if necessary, and fill the rest in with the injections. Well let’s hope this comes true!

» I am posting because I recently had dinner with somebody who is connected
» to Intercytex. My acquaintance tells me they are having promising results
» from Phase II volunteers. At this point it appears ICX-TRC will be very
» good for the crown and vertex, but not for the hairline. The main problem
» is that the hair direction is too unpredictable. However, I was very
» pleased with what he had to say about density. I cannot reveal too much
» because then it would compromise his identity, but my friend claims all
» volunteers have had significant (i.e., 60%) growth of the injections in a
» small area that was previously completely bald.
»
» -JoeBobBriggs

No biggie an HT on the hairline was expected. I don’t think anyone here expected it was going to be perfect anyway. If this is in fact true this is superb news the best to date. Any idea as to when ICX will post there results???

Just one thing to remember. The hair is supposed to change its direction throw combing. So in my opinion, the problem in the hairline might be the thickness of the hair and no its direction.
Anyway, I have a feeling that direction won’t be a problem.

Cheers!

Yeah I also dont think direction will be a problem at all, again youre dealing with the cells that create the hair, not an individual hair itself. So if the cells are doing the work, they should take the form of the old hairline

Another psycho…believe him and go fora transplant at the front with 4000 grafts on the hairline…and dont worry HM will fill up the back.

I am suprised you believe these guys and even post back…

» Another psycho…believe him and go fora transplant at the front with 4000
» grafts on the hairline…and dont worry HM will fill up the back.
»
» I am suprised you believe these guys and even post back…

I was saying that in theory. I’m not dumb enough to run out and do something like that. If and when HM is proven as effective that might be an option if one had an unlimited source of hair. As far as we know he could be full of crap.

They shouldn’t have any problem with direction because they are supposed to put the old hair back in life by only injecting new cells!!!

» They shouldn’t have any problem with direction because they are supposed to
» put the old hair back in life by only injecting new cells!!!

No, most of what they are doing is actually creating new follicles. There may also be some re-enlargement of old follicles, but most of it is follicular neogenesis. (It is NOT just one or the other, because BOTH work essentially by the same mechanism!)

Also, the problem at the frontal hairline is indeed one of direction. I predicted, here on HairSite, back in 1998, 1999, 2000, (and again and again every year after that), that HT would be required in the front. I was the first one to predict this and I said it over and over again. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!

The requirement for conventional HT at the hairline will also be comforting to conventional HT surgeons. And I think that’s part of their strategy. By emphasizing that you’ll still need some conventional HT, they are dispelling some of the fears of HT surgeons and defusing some of their specious anti-HT arguments. If most HT surgeons are not threatened by HM, there will be less opposition in the powerful HT industry and lobby. With these groups putting up less opposition, the path will be more clear for regulatory approval and marketing of HM. So basically ICX are emphasizing this thing about direction. It’s a true fact, but not something that in and of itself prevents a person from getting HM, even at the frontal hairline. But by emphasizing this point, they are basically saying to the HT surgeons: “Don’t worry. You’re not obsolete. There’s still a role for you. Support HM, and who knows – it will probably INCREASE your business. Now that HM is about to come online, a lot more men who would never have otherwise wanted HT will now be needing hair transplants – at the frontal hairline!”

Also, in response to hairyoudoing, regarding combing or brushing of the hair changing the direction, that is largely a myth. I’m not saying there’s nothing to it, but it’s mostly a phenomenon that takes place in people with full heads of hair where the hair has a tendency to angle according to the direction in which it’s brushed, if a person continuously brushes it a certain way. Most of it has to do with the hair shafts which are already outside the scalp. It’s not really about changing the angling of the hair follicles. (I think this can be changed a LITTLE BIT by brushing, but not a lot.)

»
» -JoeBobBriggs

Hmm, this doesn’t seem right. I’ve read articles that this company has published that states that injections will stimulate dormant hair follicles to grow again. Does this not apply to the dormant follicles of the hairline? Doesn’t make sense.

So did this person tell you what the hair looks like at the hairline? Are they getting more hair there but it doesn’t look natural? Why would direction even matter after a few inches of growth? You could easily let it grow long and then slick it back or something.

I guess I just don’t understand the problem with hair direction. It must be growing upward, why would it be a problem if each hair is a bit different from the other? Africans have this problem already… it just turns into a tight fro. :slight_smile:

» Hmm, this doesn’t seem right. I’ve read articles that this company has
» published that states that injections will stimulate dormant hair
» follicles to grow again. Does this not apply to the dormant follicles of
» the hairline? Doesn’t make sense.

Wrong. The primary mechanism is actual growing of new hair follicles (i.e., “follicular neogenesis”.) Actually, for quite a while the researchers just weren’t sure of what the mechanism was – re-enlargement of miniaturized follicles, or neogenesis. And they admitted they weren’t sure, and didn’t really have the time, money, or means to ferret out what was really happening. However, lately the consensus is that it’s a COMBINATION OF BOTH, and probably more straight-out neogenesis.

Re-enlargement – which some people call “rejuvenation” – and neogenesis work by practically exactly the same cellular mechanism anyway. If one occurs, and the conditions are sufficient (like the presence of enough follicles which aren’t completely atrophied or fibrosed), then both can and will occur simultaneously.

It’s not either/or. It’s both/and.

»
» -JoeBobBriggs

I have to ask you…if you have had a close friend working for Intercytex, why havent you posted before ??? I mean if you are having dinner with them I assume you are fairly close, and Intercytex has been through round one trials and half way through round two…and I have never seen you post before (its possible that I did miss them though)…I am not trying to attack you, but it doesnt make sense that you would show up and post this info now :slight_smile:

» » Hmm, this doesn’t seem right. I’ve read articles that this company has
» » published that states that injections will stimulate dormant hair
» » follicles to grow again. Does this not apply to the dormant follicles
» of
» » the hairline? Doesn’t make sense.
»
»
» Wrong. The primary mechanism is actual growing of new hair follicles
» (i.e., “follicular neogenesis”.) Actually, for quite a while the
» researchers just weren’t sure of what the mechanism was – re-enlargement
» of miniaturized follicles, or neogenesis. And they admitted they weren’t
» sure, and didn’t really have the time, money, or means to ferret out what
» was really happening. However, lately the consensus is that it’s a
» COMBINATION OF BOTH, and probably more straight-out neogenesis.
»
» Re-enlargement – which some people call “rejuvenation” – and neogenesis
» work by practically exactly the same cellular mechanism anyway. If one
» occurs, and the conditions are sufficient (like the presence of enough
» follicles which aren’t completely atrophied or fibrosed), then both can
» and will occur simultaneously.
»
» It’s not either/or. It’s both/and.
I don’t believe that the company is creating new hairs - this would cause too many complications - clumping, distorted look, directional problems - they wouldn’t be able to hit the market any time soon without solving these issues. Additionally, special care would be needed with each injection due to placing and such; adding time to the procedure – this would be contrary to their statements regarding the speed of the procedures.

I think the hairline is a problem due to the fact that the skin is naturally absorbent; meaning with each injection, the solution caring the cells will spread (diffuse) given a small radius. This could cause a wavelike hairline and may even promote hair from sprouting out places it shouldn’t.

We’ll know soon enough.

» I have to ask you…if you have had a close friend working for Intercytex,
» why havent you posted before ??? I mean if you are having dinner with them
» I assume you are fairly close, and Intercytex has been through round one
» trials and half way through round two…and I have never seen you post
» before (its possible that I did miss them though)…I am not trying to
» attack you, but it doesnt make sense that you would show up and post this
» info now :slight_smile:

in my heart i am hoping this dude is telling the truth, but my gut says it’s another wacko who’ll never post another response, lol.

either way, if results are looking so good then we should expect to hear phase II results in a timely fashion this fall right? the proof is in the pudding baby. :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve already accepted the fact that i may have to get a HT for my diminished hairline even if HM works so that’s not such bad news to me. i’m hoping somehow you WON’T need an HT but i won’t hold my breath.

» I don’t believe that the company is creating new hairs - this would cause
» too many complications - clumping, distorted look, directional problems -
» they wouldn’t be able to hit the market any time soon without solving
» these issues.

How do you know creating new hairs would cause all those complications? Are you an HM researcher? Or just much more informed than the rest of us?

Also, did you notice that the original poster (JoeBobBriggs) stated that the Intercytex guy told him there ARE directional problems with the hairs? And that’s why they want people to get HT at the hairline? Obviously they’ve observed that the directional issues are not a problem at the crown. It only becomes a problem where hairy skin meets hairless skin – at the hairline – because that’s where you really see the directional problems.

So, following from that, by your very own logic, they probably ARE creating new hairs, because there are directional “problems”.

» Additionally, special care would be needed with each
» injection due to placing and such; adding time to the procedure – this
» would be contrary to their statements regarding the speed of the
» procedures.

Again, how do you know all this? Are you just guessing, or do you have some insider information that “special care would be needed”? How do you draw a connection between creating new hairs, and the procedure taking more time? Are you just speculating or do you know something the rest of us don’t?

» I think the hairline is a problem due to the fact that the skin is
» naturally absorbent; meaning with each injection, the solution caring the
» cells will spread (diffuse) given a small radius.

So you think the skin is more “naturally absorbent” at the hairline than on other parts of the scalp? How do you know this? Is it something you just think, or did you read it somewhere? What makes you think skin on one part of the scalp is any more absorbent than skin on another part of the scalp? And what do you mean by “absorbent”? What’s the connection between the skin being “absorbent” and the solution spreading like you described?

Do you know something about the characteristics of the scalp and the scalp skin that the rest of us don’t, or are you just speculating?

» This could cause a wavelike hairline and may even promote hair from sprouting out places it shouldn’t.

How do you know this?

Interview with Dr. Paul Kemp,Intercytex September, 2006

Dr. Kemp does not anticipate that ICX-TRC will completely obsolete traditional hair transplant procedures the moment it becomes available to the public. There will be first generation ICX-TRC, second generation ICX-TRC, and third generation ICX-TRC etc. over time. Hair transplant will still have a role to play in the beginning especially for the hairline design. However, the demand for traditional hair transplant procedures may diminish as each succeeding ICX-TRC protocol becomes more refined and perfect than its predecessors. Also, younger patients who just started losing their hair may turn to ICX-TRC before they consider more invasive options such as hair transplant. If ICX-TRC is administered to a patient early enough upon initial signs of hair loss, this may eliminate the need for traditional hair transplant procedures entirely later on in his life. While it is believed that the role of traditional hair transplant may diminish over time, products such as minoxidil and Propecia will still have an important role to play when ICX-TRC becomes available to the general public. These products will be an important adjunct that complement ICX-TRC induced hair growth.

When asked about the age-old question of whether this type of cell therapy rejuvenates existing follicles or creates new ones, Dr. Kemp said it is not really their goal to understand how the new hairs are formed. It could very well be a combination of both. More in-depth studies and research are necessary before an intelligent answer can be deliberated. At this point, Intercytex’s main focus is to ensure that the protocol is capable of delivering a cosmetically acceptable difference in the test subjects.

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/aesthetic/icxtrc/faqsicxtrc/

13. Would new hair grow in the same direction as the old?

In the ICX-TRC procedure we are not transplanting hair follicles, instead we are implanting cells into the skin which induce new hair growth, so there is no reason for these hairs to grow in a different direction from before.

19. Does the ICX-TRC procedure result in the regeneration of miniaturised follicles or the growth of new follicles (neogenesis)?

Studies indicate that both of these mechanisms may be active. “Intrafollicular” implantation would take advantage of the follicle structure retained by the miniaturised follicles – these follicles would already be aligned in the appropriate direction so rejuvenating or reactivating such pre-existing hairs may be easier than forming new ones in the case of "interfollicular” implantation. Intercytex is looking at both neogenesis and regeneration.

Umm…why is anybody, even for a split second, believing that this guy is anything but completely full of shit?

A secret special friend who is privy to inside info on ICX? Come on…

HAy guess whjat guyz! My sisters, boyfriends, cousins brother is Paul Kemps paperboy and he says TRC grows all your hair back with one injection, costs £10 and you get a free lollipop as well!

For a board which is, supposedly, focused on the scientific method, there can be a distinct lack of critical judgement sometimes.

»
» -JoeBobBriggs

Another messiah, hourray for messiahs ! :slight_smile:

»The main problem is that the hair direction is too unpredictable.

that’s quite a HUGE problem. I wouldn’t go for hm if there is the slightest problem on density or/and direction.

» Umm…why is anybody, even for a split second, believing that this guy is
» anything but completely full of shit?
»
» A secret special friend who is privy to inside info on ICX? Come on…
»
»
» HAy guess whjat guyz! My sisters, boyfriends, cousins brother is Paul
» Kemps paperboy and he says TRC grows all your hair back with one
» injection, costs £10 and you get a free lollipop as well!
»
» For a board which is, supposedly, focused on the scientific method, there
» can be a distinct lack of critical judgement sometimes.

My sentiments exactly. I predict this will be this guys first and last post.

I hope this is true!!! Regardless we only have a few more months to find out what Intercytex is actually doing…

»
» -JoeBobBriggs