New stem cell company -- Kerastem

Apparently this is already available in Japan, Switzerland, and Spain with FDA trials about to start in the U.S.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503852?term=Kerastem&rank=1

Studies have shown Minoxidil to have a 14% increase in density, propecia a 16% increase, and Kerastem to have a 37% increase.

Here’s the Japanese site in Google translate:

Is there any data/evidence on the longevity of the results?

Do we have reason to think it gives a gain beyond the first year, or into the follicles’ next hair cycle?

And I wonder how compoundable it is? I assume not much or else we would have a real step forward on our hands.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
Is there any data/evidence on the longevity of the results?

Do we have reason to think it gives a gain beyond the first year, or into the follicles’ next hair cycle?

And I wonder how compoundable it is? I assume not much or else we would have a real step forward on our hands.[/quote]

Good questions. You know what this seems like to me? Someone is trying to capitalize on what jarjarbinx is always talking about here, that is using secretion derivatives from adipose derived stem cells (and adipise tissue in general) as a hair growth stimulator.

I won’t go into great detail right now as I’m very busy, but I think this will promote some growth (as that information says, it may be better than Minoxidil – although we still don’t have any hard evidence before our eyes)… but it is NOT and will not be anything like a real cure, unless they are actually injecting live cells.

As I’ve said before, and I really mean this, any treatment that does not involve injecting or implanting actual live cells (not just a serum or growth factors derived from cells, but actual live cells themselves) will NEVER be a real cure!