New site for Follica

It has a good chance to grow hair as well.

For me its either a scam and no finger will ever grow, or it is not and then it will grow even the hair though possibly, the hair will be dht sensitive forcing you to use strong antiandrogens + acell (possibly during the regrowth even something as strong as oral spiro).

I am sorry to see you go butchered & hiding because you seem to be one of the very few approaching this logically.You have raised some serious questions & no one is prepared to answer them,everybody just wants to keep burying their heads in the ground.
I feel your frustration & will follow your lead.I think I will check in next month to see what if anything these guys have discovered with the magical dust.
Best of luck to you guys & be sure to take plenty of BEFORE & AFTER photos of your “experiments” If it does work,please share your advice freely,don’t be greedy,you will literally be saving lives.

Max- I hate to disappoint you but the only way there will be phase 3 trails is if somebody else pays for it. If hm was working ICX would be paying for a phase 3 trial, the fact that they don’t want to waste anymore more of their money on this is proof it doesn’t work. It’s over man.
Even if it does work, it will end up in Bosleys hands. Find a sure fire way to end drug addiction & give the solution to the worlds biggest drug dealer to distribute. The fact that ICX is willing to get into bed with Bosley given all the bad press his clinic has received should tell you what ICX is all about.

While I share everyone’s disappointment with Intercytex, I dont get the sudden annoyance (probably not the best word but the closest I can think of) with Bosley being associated.

In their financial statements from 2006 they say clearly that they had granted an option to Bosley for distribution back then. So I can understand a general annoyance with Bosley being involved but its not a recent thing. Whatever there is to be read into about Bosley being involved was there to be interpreted as much in 2006, when any sort of results or predictions about TRC were minimal, as it was in 2007.

Im not saying ICX is going to be a success…far from it. The fact that they’re not continuing Phase III is more telling than anything else. All we need is confirmation in either September or March.

I suppose until its confirmed as ineffective, there is still an outside hope but you’d have to be more of a sugary-sweet optimist than I’d ever be capable of being to still hold onto hope for them.

I’m so sick of hearing about ICX and how HM is pipe dreams again.

Look, informing everyone that ICX’s phase #2 is a failure is not controversial. It’s not news. It’s not a wakeup call. It’s not a splash of cold water on our faces.

Most of the diehard daily posters here have come to that conclusion several months ago. Many of them suspected as much even longer ago.

We already know this about ICX. We’ve already absorbed the implications of it. We’ve sustained the emotional disappointment that the failure brings.

And many of us still have a lot of hope in Folica’s method.

»
» And many of us still have a lot of hope in Folica’s method.

As do I of course.

Sorry I didn’t really get across what I wanted to say all that effectively and I certainly didn’t want to keep bringing up the same old (and obviously annoying/depressing) non-news.

I just wanted to point out to the comment about Bosley that they had some involvement from a while ago, but alot of people seem to think, or thats my impression anyways, that its something fairly recent. Its not really that significant or anything in the grand scheme of things I guess, but I thought I’d just throw it out there anyways.

this wasn’t a GREAT post but it is an OLD post… you have to dig down DEEP on this board for anything halfway interesting or relevant these days!!!

Its amazing to see how few of the regular posters to this forum have ever even bothered to read the Follica patent.

Follica did indeed test with many mice.

Follica also tested human skin grafted onto SCID mice. Guess what, they grew human hair on that skin where there was no hair. They did it EVERY TIME THEY TRIED IT.

Rev, I think it was, posted two strange hair growth photos of patients with getfitinib usage. This wasn’t some strange hypertrichotic growth effect of this drug. Thousands of people have taken getfitinib post-chemotherapy by now. These two people likely had too much sun right before getting on the drug at just the right time, so that the skin peeled (re-epilithialization), their immune-systems were down, and they were inhibiting epidermal growth factor…all AT THE SAME TIME. What happened? New hair was made. One guy (who is dead from his cancer) had it right in the middle of his bald head, and another had whisker-like hair growing off of their nose. That is HUMAN SKIN. Dark hair on a grey, bald head. Dark black hair on a nose.

It will take Follica a few years to get the topicals and carriers “right”. Right now theyv’ve got to figure out how to get a intervention that wounds the skin just so, so they can accurately even begin to apply the compounds of the intervention at the correct times. This will take some testing of a few years for certain. They have began testing AT HARVARD for the wounding phase to see exactly what happens when human skin is disrupted, and what pathways are upregged, what the t-cell response is, and all of that jazz. But its being worked on by a company specifically formed to pull this off.

The drugs used in the topical are all FDA approved pre-existing drugs. I imagine they will be an eczema drug (immunosupperssant) and erlonitib or getfitinib (small molecule egf-antagonists used for some cancer patients). They will only be used in all probability for several DAYS. Certainly less than 14 days at the very most.

not arguing about follica, benji

of all the shyte here being talked about on this board, follica has the highest chance of working, probably…

but there’s not a lot of NEW NEWS coming out about it…

not that there’s anything hopeful about anything else, but it seems all ppl want to talk about is acell, self experimenting with wounding, and putting cancer meds on their heads…

LET FOLLICA TAKE CARE OF THE WOUNDING SHYTE, PPL!!! if it works, they will perfect it, not you! if the shyte works, they will give u ur hair back, not u doing it over your kitchen sink!!!

u could seriously destroy your scalps so that NOTHING, not even follica could work on your scalps!

get real, people!!!:frowning:

»
»
» but there’s not a lot of NEW NEWS coming out about it…
»
»

To be honest Baldbaby…it will probably be another year or two before much new comes out about it if you think about it. They are doing wouding trials now. They’ve got to see how different skin types re-epilithialize in terms of days, how different age-groups skin heals and the length before re-epilithialization, what is the best, most consistent wounding method (laser, CO2, abrasion, chemical peels).

Then they have to test their carriers with the drugs in the protocol. They have to see if t-cell responses inflame the wounded area (if they do, they will have to topically suppress t-cell responses with pimecromilus or tacromilus for certain, because hairs have been shown NOT TO FORM in neo-natal mice where inflammation was induced). Then they have to work on consistency, how much of the adjuvants to add (FGF or minox or both, LiCl or not, topical flutamide or dutasteride or both). There are so many variables “up there” to look at that I expect it to be at least of couple of years before they can say “hey, we have got something that will work in almost everybody” and even then its going to be “some” hairgrowth. I doubt anybody would be Colin Farrel after one round. Hopefully, someday, they will also be able to add antagonists to the androgen receptor GENE or Chromosome 20 to their topical when some are found…so that the hair “made” isn’t MPB-prone at all.

» Its amazing to see how few of the regular posters to this forum have ever
» even bothered to read the Follica patent.
»
»
» Follica did indeed test with many mice.
»
»
»
» Follica also tested human skin grafted onto SCID mice. Guess what,
» they grew human hair on that skin where there was no hair. They did
» it EVERY TIME THEY TRIED IT.
»
»
»
» Rev, I think it was, posted two strange hair growth photos of patients
» with getfitinib usage. This wasn’t some strange hypertrichotic growth
» effect of this drug. Thousands of people have taken getfitinib
» post-chemotherapy by now. These two people likely had too much sun right
» before getting on the drug at just the right time, so that the skin peeled
» (re-epilithialization), their immune-systems were down, and they were
» inhibiting epidermal growth factor…all AT THE SAME
» TIME. What happened? New hair was made. One guy (who is dead from his
» cancer) had it right in the middle of his bald head, and another had
» whisker-like hair growing off of their nose. That is HUMAN SKIN. Dark hair
» on a grey, bald head. Dark black hair on a nose.
»
»
»
»
»
» It will take Follica a few years to get the topicals and carriers “right”.
» Right now theyv’ve got to figure out how to get a intervention that wounds
» the skin just so, so they can accurately even begin to apply the compounds
» of the intervention at the correct times. This will take some testing of a
» few years for certain. They have began testing AT HARVARD for the wounding
» phase to see exactly what happens when human skin is disrupted, and what
» pathways are upregged, what the t-cell response is, and all of that jazz.
» But its being worked on by a company specifically formed to pull this off.
»
»
»
»
» The drugs used in the topical are all FDA approved pre-existing drugs. I
» imagine they will be an eczema drug (immunosupperssant) and erlonitib or
» getfitinib (small molecule egf-antagonists used for some cancer patients).
» They will only be used in all probability for several DAYS. Certainly less
» than 14 days at the very most.

that’s the question for benji… if it’s just some regrown/revived old hairs, then it’s no better than rogaine or propecia…

epidermal disruption resulting in hair follicle neogenesis (EDIHN) hairs are BRAND NEW HAIRS MADE FROM EPIDERMAL STEM CELLS.

Rogaine just “pumps up” existing hairs and revives some miniaturizing hairs that already exist. Finasteride (propecia) does the same thing.

Follica is attempting to make BRAND NEW HAIRS

There is a huge difference.

Does Hangin not even understand the topics of this Forum? I’ve never seen such an ignorant fool. Rogaine = Follica…BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Follica may not work, but it’s nothing at all like Rogaine or other treatments. Hangin, I love it when you show your true colors…moron.

» Does Hangin not even understand the topics of this Forum? I’ve never seen
» such an ignorant fool. Rogaine = Follica…BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
»
» Follica may not work, but it’s nothing at all like Rogaine or other
» treatments. Hangin, I love it when you show your true colors…moron.

Oh my god some people really dont have a clue! If you want to write things about rogaine then go off to the topicals section! There is such a big difference between the two i dont even know where to start explaining!

Follica has shown it can grow NEW hair! They are now working only all the different variables to get the formula just right! Some previous posts explain the whole thing!

Once again it takes time and people seem to give up as soon as they dont see published results!

» » Does Hangin not even understand the topics of this Forum? I’ve never
» seen
» » such an ignorant fool. Rogaine = Follica…BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
» »
» » Follica may not work, but it’s nothing at all like Rogaine or other
» » treatments. Hangin, I love it when you show your true colors…moron.
»
»
»
» Oh my god some people really dont have a clue! If you want to write things
» about rogaine then go off to the topicals section! There is such a big
» difference between the two i dont even know where to start explaining!
»
» Follica has shown it can grow NEW hair! They are now working only all the
» different variables to get the formula just right! Some previous posts
» explain the whole thing!
»
» Once again it takes time and people seem to give up as soon as they dont
» see published results!

Here is a clue moron, first of all you have no proof Acell or any of these companies do that

second guys dont care if its NEW hair, they would be more than happy and jumping up and down to get their OLD HAIR…ANY HAIR…you are going to sit there and say that NEW HAIR is better hair somehow. HAIR IS HAIR. moron

» epidermal disruption resulting in hair follicle neogenesis (EDIHN) hairs
» are BRAND NEW HAIRS MADE FROM EPIDERMAL STEM CELLS.
»
»
» Rogaine just “pumps up” existing hairs and revives some miniaturizing
» hairs that already exist. Finasteride (propecia) does the same thing.
»
»
» Follica is attempting to make BRAND NEW HAIRS
»
»
»
» There is a huge difference.
»
»
»

lets say i have a huge bald area
rogaine or prop regrow all the hair that was there before

do you think i care if its NEW hair? or old hairs revived?

» Here is a clue moron, first of all you have no proof Acell or any of these
» companies do that

Follica’s protocol produces new follicles. Idiot. Here is the reference to Cotsarelis’ work that led to the formation of Follica:

Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after wounding. Nature. 2007 May 17;447(7142):316-20.

The human skin experiments (grafted onto SCID mice) showing de novo creation of hair follicles are detailed in the patent. Why I am not surprised that you have not bothered to do the slightest amount of research on the topics you choose to discuss? LMAO!

» second guys dont care if its NEW hair, they would be more than happy and
» jumping up and down to get their OLD HAIR…

That’s the problem, kid. Nothing really restores old hair well at all. That’s why this web site exists. :wink:

» you are going to sit there and say that NEW HAIR is better
» hair somehow. HAIR IS HAIR. moron

Old hair is essentially no hair, since balding follicles are miniaturized, and, by and large, cannot be coaxed into returning to their pre-balding state. Also, you are neglecting numerous scarring alopecias (which are even more distressing than MPB), where “old” follicles are completely destroyed. Thus, creating new hair follicles is extremely valuable.

Please keep responding…you are digging yourself deeper. :smiley:

» lets say i have a huge bald area
» rogaine or prop regrow all the hair that was there before
»
» do you think i care if its NEW hair? or old hairs revived?

Idiot, why are you discussing fantasy? Rogaine and propecia can’t restore a huge bald area. But creating new follicles could do just that. Not to mention the practical reasons: who wants to chemically castrate themselves for the next 60 years, or rub grease on their scalp until they hit the morgue?

Man, you really want us to take your nutritional BS seriously, when you don’t even understand the topics we discuss here?

» » Here is a clue moron, first of all you have no proof Acell or any of
» these
» » companies do that
»
» Follica’s protocol produces new follicles. Idiot. Here is the reference to
» Cotsarelis’ work that led to the formation of Follica:
»
» Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after
» wounding. Nature. 2007 May 17;447(7142):316-20.
»
» The human skin experiments (grafted onto SCID mice) showing de novo
» creation of hair follicles are detailed in the patent. Why I am not
» surprised that you have not bothered to do the slightest amount of research
» on the topics you choose to discuss? LMAO!
»
» » second guys dont care if its NEW hair, they would be more than happy
» and
» » jumping up and down to get their OLD HAIR…
»
» That’s the problem, kid. Nothing really restores old hair well at all.
» That’s why this web site exists. :wink:
»
» » you are going to sit there and say that NEW HAIR is better
» » hair somehow. HAIR IS HAIR. moron
»
» Old hair is essentially no hair, since balding follicles are miniaturized,
» and, by and large, cannot be coaxed into returning to their pre-balding
» state. Also, you are neglecting numerous scarring alopecias (which are even
» more distressing than MPB), where “old” follicles are completely destroyed.
» Thus, creating new hair follicles is extremely valuable.
»
» Please keep responding…you are digging yourself deeper. :smiley:

obviously Acell of follica or all these treatments you keep spouting off about dont work for shiit or they would be being sold commeercially. Can I go out and buy this technology now? where? Proves you are chasing shadows and rumors and bullshiiit…

I have successfully kept my remaining hair with my dht blockers and thickened the thinning areas to about 300 percent their density when i started

I doubt that acell could be capable of this, all of this acell follica crap is pure speculation and theory, if it works so well why is it not available commercially, huh? tell me that? because IT DOESNT WORK :smiley: