New Patent by Cotsarelis

It is from 9 January 2008.

It is different from old patent : it declares explicitly that it is a method to treat baldness!

» It is different from old patent : it declares explicitly that it is a
» method to treat baldness!

where is the link

yes, post a link, thank’s!

I’ve done a search this is all I can find,take a look

http://www.wipo.int/cgi-pct/guest/search5

http://www.wipo.int/patentscopedb/en/fetch.jsp?LANG=ENG&DBSELECT=PCT&SERVER_TYPE=19&SORT=1204429-KEY&TYPE_FIELD=256&IDB=0&IDOC=1666541&C=10&ELEMENT_SET=B&RESULT=1&TOTAL=4&START=1&DISP=25&FORM=SEP-0/HITNUM,B-ENG,DP,MC,AN,PA,ABSUM-ENG&SEARCH_IA=US2007014031&QUERY=(FP%2FCotsarelis)+

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=EP1874265&F=0

this one guess …?

nothing news, or i’m wrong? also the precedent patent said something about “baldness treatment”

if there’s something good to know just extract and paste here please

They speak about what kind of substances inibitor etc could be used…

This technique seems to be very very simple to do, i think that this commercialization, if works, don’t need years and years like other techique, like ICX or aderans… what you think?

» .SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

[ 004 ] This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic alopecia (AGA), acne, rosacea, prostate cancer, and benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), comprising the step of contacting a subject with a 30 compound or composition capable of decreasing prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) level or activity, a downstream signaling or receptor pathway thereof, or prostaglandin D2 synthase level or activity; methods of stimulating hair growth, comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition

I’ll summarize in plain language. In bald human scalp, prostaglandin D2 is 4.4 times expressed over hairy scalp.

In depilated mice, researchers were able to keep fur from going back into the growth phase for 50 days by just continually applying prostaglandin D2

In mice that have very sparse hair genetically and overexpress COX-2 etc, large sebaceous glands and weak hair are in evidence along with an overabundance of prostaglandin D2 in their skin

On the basis of things like that above, and some other evidence, researchers have reached the conclusion that prostaglandin D2 has a negative effect on scalp hair.

There are several prostaglandins. Ketoconazole inhibits two or three prostaglandins, but not D2. Latanaprost inhibits 3 or 4 prostaglandins, but not D2. Alot of prostaglandins are inflammatory, but not all. They perform alot of functions in the body.

Green tea’s ecgc inhibits prostaglandin D2 (hint), but if you take green tea alone it might be noteworthy to consider that mice only given green tea to drink had a 164 percent increase in DHT in other experiments. You might want to be on finasteride if you use green tea to keep that from happening. Green tea is a potent TYPE ONE alpha five reductase inhibitor, and it apparently downregs receptor expression. Topically in hamster flank organ assays, it seems to inhibit the androgen receptor sites. The Epicatechin ECGC is the component in green tea that does these things.

Does it mention which perscription drugs are used for the WNT inhibitor.

Dont know if I should post this cause I dont know s*it about this stuff and I dont want people to try out something crazy, but a simple google search gave me this:

Eicosapentaenoic acid inhibits prostaglandin D2:

Eicosapentaenoic acid is one of the principal omega 3 fatty acids:
http://www.mind1st.co.uk/product_detail_2.asp

I am not trying to claim anything here, all I am saying is that the Internet is full of information for anyone out there interested in learning more about the Follica technique.

But wait and see how the trial goes.

»» » .SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
»
» [ 004 ] This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic alopecia

This doesn’t mention anything about skin wounding (dermabrasion-like or otherwise), or WNT. This doesn’t sound anything like the description of the trial which recently received funding, or of the recent Cotsarelis study which started all of this. In other words, this is a patent for a different treatment, not what’s about to go on trial. It is very interesting, nonetheless.

Am I missing something?

TAGOHL

» »» » .SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
» »
» » [ 004 ] This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic
» alopecia
»
» This doesn’t mention anything about skin wounding (dermabrasion-like or
» otherwise), or WNT. This doesn’t sound anything like the description of
» the trial which recently received funding, or of the recent Cotsarelis
» study which started all of this. In other words, this is a patent for a
» different treatment, not what’s about to go on trial. It is very
» interesting, nonetheless.
»
» Am I missing something?
»
» TAGOHL

2 different patents by Costarialis.

The prostaglandin d2 patent is for acne, alopecia, rosacea, and something else I forgot.

The dermabrasion (or laser resurfacing), wnt-blocking for nine days, then wnt-protiens out the ying-yang patent is purely for de noveau hair growth

»
» 2 different patents by Costarialis.

Thanks.

Your posts are very informative, BTW.

New patent is here:

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=EP1874265&F=0

Wait, I’m confused again.

So is PD2 the substance that needs to be blocked for 9 days, or not?