New Law for Hair Transplant Surgeries

From many of the before and after photos we see publicized via internet, websites, magazines, etc, etc., we need to take into account of the fact that those are “obviously” hand picked results.

It is well understood that each patient has a right to privacy, however we should also take into account the significance of utmost importance of prospective patients as well that look for cosmetic changes (hair transplants) and that need to choose their surgeon wisely.

Therefore, to separate the fakes from the pros, wouldn’t it be more logical if a regulation was passed in the cosmetic surgery field (particularly hair transplants) that each and every surgeon must take before and after, unaltered, photos of every single patient they perform a hair transplant on while covering their identity 100%? This way patients cannot say that their identity will be disclosed, which we must respect in every way, because only their hair and head photos will be taken. Any tatoos and/or scars on the forehead or elsewhere can be covered to keep safe the identity of patients that wish to keep their procedures confidential.

By passing such a regulation we can actually see every single patient’s results from each and every clinic and/or surgeon…both, the good results they hand-pick to publicize AND the bad results they tuck in under the rug.
It will then be left to the consumer/patient as to which surgeon is best fit for him/her.

I can very well understand your point and it would certainly improve things for the potential patients out there doing their research. However, at the end of the day even with the face covered it is still the patients own head and hair and so they have the right to decide whether or not photos of the tops of their heads are published.

sadly yes. unless they were notified prior to procedure of the new concept that needed to be followed. it’s a dream i know but those seeking hair transplants would be in an extreme advantage compared to today’s whether.

» I can very well understand your point and it would certainly improve things
» for the potential patients out there doing their research. However, at the
» end of the day even with the face covered it is still the patients own head
» and hair and so they have the right to decide whether or not photos of the
» tops of their heads are published.

I think it’s a great idea but who is going to enforce this to make sure that the doctors are doing just that with every patient.

Yes in a perfect world, neat idea except that I don’t think this will ever happen in our lifetime, the doctors will probably lobby the hell against such a law! It’s a big administrative nightmare and nothing to gain from their perspective.

Yeh very true. First comes $$$ then comes the patient.

» Yes in a perfect world, neat idea except that I don’t think this will ever
» happen in our lifetime, the doctors will probably lobby the hell against
» such a law! It’s a big administrative nightmare and nothing to gain from
» their perspective.