New INTERCYTEX patent... important!

Hi guys, for the first time i write on this forum, but is some years that i read your posts… I wanna put your attenctions on something that seems to be very interesting about the new icx patent, i’m speaking about the in-vitro creation of new hairs, that can be after transplanted in a human scalp… in few words, this means the end of the problem of the limit of the donor hair, so if this patent go well, we can have illimitated transplants that can resolve defintitely the hairloss drama…

I wanna post here the most iteresting parts of the protocol about the research, read well:
A proto-hair is capable of further development. It can develop into a mature hair follicle in a suitable in vitro culture. It can also develop into a mature hair follicle if implanted into a recipient : this means that an in vitro produced proto-hair can subsequently produce a mature hair follicle in vivo.

This invention addresses one of the problems of current hair transplantation techniques that there is a limit to the available donor hair. The total number of human scalp hairs is fixed after birth. Similarly the donor hair source for an Alopecia patient is restricted. As hair transplantation does not create any new hair, it simply transfer hairs from one location to another, there is a need for a method of producing further hairs

Surprisingly, we have found that a partially formed follicle structure (proto-hair) generated in vitro will also develop into a mature hair when transplanted. (so, for the first time, an in vitro hair, “artificial”, can grow on a human scalp… illimitated hairs can grows… not bad!

This invention dramatically decreases the quantity of donor hair tissue required. It has the potential to provide an infinite number of hair follicles or proto-hairs from the cells originally isolated from a few hair follicles, since the cells can be infinitively expanded in vitro.

So… i think that is a wonderful news. Is not on the same level of the ICX TRC, i think that is a more rude technique but… is the same a revolution for the problem of the hairloss! No limit of donor means no limit of hairs… understand?! If they make a commercial use of this work, we have a great definitive solution for the hairloss problem!

ps
an important particular i think… this study was registred on the EUROPEAN PATENT OFFICE the same day of the conference in las vegas with ICX and hair transplant doctors…

What u think hairsite members??

This invention would be the beginning of a new world. Because, a hair is a tiny organ and researchers will learn a lot from that. This will open the area of building organs like heart, liver, kidney and change those organs without any rejection from the patient, this means a lot…

As far as hair goes, this sounds good, but the only thing would be a lot of manual work on your head which translates into $$$$. But no more problem of bad hair line, bad direction, etc, baldness would be resolved for sure…

Yes, but in particular for the hairloss question, it could be the solution that a lot of people are hoping for. TRC seems to be far (2,3,4 years?)… this tecnique i think that is ready now, they say the tecnique works… so illimitated donor=full head of hair…
why peolpe on this forum don’t say nothing about this?

Hey all,

This is absolutely amazing news. There is NO point in being depressed about hair loss since a cure is on the way.

Carefully read these two claims from the patent:

1. “We have for the first time produced such proto-hairs [i.e., hairs that are precursors of mature hair follicles] in vitro.”

2. “Surprisingly, we have found that a partially formed follicle structure (proto-hair) generated in vitro will also develop into a mature hair when transplanted [in vivo].”

3. “The invention provides a method of providing a hair follicle or proto-hair at an interfollicular or intrafollicular site, which comprises implanting or delivering an in vitro produced hair follicle or proto-hair at the site.”

F**king unbelievable. Baldness will be cured soon. Maybe I should move to Europe though before the American economy collapses :wink:

Best,
BB

You and Hangin should get together and duke it out.

The Extreme Optimist VS. The Extreme Pessimist :slight_smile:

» You and Hangin should get together and duke it out.

hanginthere would do all the “duking” :slight_smile:

Extreme optimist – my optimism is based on facts. Read the patent and their claims. How can one NOT be excited by Intercytex reporting that they have cultured proto-hairs in vitro, which can then be implanted into the scalp? This is not just DP cells, but entire hair follicles being implanted. Wow.

» You and Hangin should get together and duke it out.
»
» The Extreme Optimist VS. The Extreme Pessimist :slight_smile:

» Extreme optimist – my optimism is based on facts. Read the patent and
» their claims. How can one NOT be excited by Intercytex reporting that they
» have cultured proto-hairs in vitro, which can then be implanted into the
» scalp? This is not just DP cells, but entire hair follicles being
» implanted. Wow.
»
» » You and Hangin should get together and duke it out.
» »
» » The Extreme Optimist VS. The Extreme Pessimist :slight_smile:

I think that’s their new IP they were talking about in their report.

I believe this is their latest discovery and this wasn’t their first way to go back in 1999-2000, but with the technology and their experience, they are finding a better way to do it. We call it improvement :smiley:

So how can this patent help us?

I think that generally speaking, this is not necessarily better than what TRC already does. But it does have some specific applications, such as hair line or growing hair on damaged skin tissue.

As I understand it, by reading the patent, what they did can be summarized as:
(DP cells + skin cells) cultured = proto-hairs

But TRC is very similar. Instead of culturing DP cells and skin cells in vitro, TRC combines DP cells and skin cells in vitro via injection into the skin:
(cultured DP cells) + skin cells = hair follicles

In the near future, assuming that they have tested their new findings in humans, this helps us because it implies that TRC works.

exactly,

contrary to what some think, ICX is not “pulling our legs”. They are seriously dedicated to making cell-based hair growth work and treat MPB with acceptable effectiveness. They have spent alot of money, grown real hair in trials, and are working to get better and better results. This company has other products that are now on the market.

ICX is not some big scam to loot investors money and declare a “failure” while Paul Kemp and his buddies walk off with a bunch of moolah. IT is far from that. These people really think they are working on an effective countermeasure to MPB, despite what any ‘psuedo-experts’ who wish to denigrate them, or hairtransplant professionals who create accounts who wish to bash and spread pessimism about them want you to believe.

I’ve been screaming this for years.
Instead of injecting a solution of cells into the scalp and struggling to find a method to control the “direction and consistency of growth”… why not just multiply and grow the follicle cells to maturity in the lab (in vitro).
Then implant the mature hairs ONE-BY-ONE into the scalp using the traditional FUE technique.
Doing 10,000+ hairs this way would be very labor intense and probably require several visits to the doctor’s office… but WHO CARES.
Baldness would be a thing of the past. And recreating DENSE hairlines would be very possible.

» Hi guys, for the first time i write on this forum, but is some years that i
» read your posts… I wanna put your attenctions on something that seems to
» be very interesting about the new icx patent, i’m speaking about the
» in-vitro creation of new hairs, that can be after transplanted in a human
» scalp… in few words, this means the end of the problem of the limit of
» the donor hair, so if this patent go well, we can have illimitated
» transplants that can resolve defintitely the hairloss drama…
»
» I wanna post here the most iteresting parts of the protocol about the
» research, read well:
» A proto-hair is capable of further development. It can develop into a
» mature hair follicle in a suitable in vitro culture. It can also develop
» into a mature hair follicle if implanted into a recipient : this means
» that an in vitro produced proto-hair can subsequently produce a mature
» hair follicle in vivo.

»
» This invention addresses one of the problems of current hair
» transplantation techniques that there is a limit to the available donor
» hair. The total number of human scalp hairs is fixed after birth.
» Similarly the donor hair source for an Alopecia patient is restricted. As
» hair transplantation does not create any new hair, it simply transfer
» hairs from one location to another, there is a need for a method of
» producing further hairs

»
» Surprisingly, we have found that a partially formed follicle
» structure (proto-hair) generated in vitro will also develop into a mature
» hair when transplanted.
(so, for the first time, an in vitro
» hair, “artificial”, can grow on a human scalp… illimitated hairs can
» grows… not bad!
»
» This invention dramatically decreases the quantity of donor
» hair tissue required. It has the potential to provide an infinite number
» of hair follicles or proto-hairs from the cells originally isolated from a
» few hair follicles, since the cells can be infinitively expanded in
» vitro.

»
» So… i think that is a wonderful news. Is not on the same level of the
» ICX TRC, i think that is a more rude technique but… is the same a
» revolution for the problem of the hairloss! No limit of donor means no
» limit of hairs… understand?! If they make a commercial use of this work,
» we have a great definitive solution for the hairloss problem!
»
» ps
» an important particular i think… this study was registred on the
» EUROPEAN PATENT OFFICE the same day of the conference in las vegas with
» ICX and hair transplant doctors…
»
» What u think hairsite members??

um…how come no one is asking for some references here, some website that has made these claims, everyone just read this and are opening champaign bottles. So where can cross reference this?

If this is true then it is in fact a very promising development.

I have little belief in getting an injection and voila - hair is back.
(Not in the near future anyway)

This seems like the logical next step in surgical hair restoaration though.

» » Hi guys, for the first time i write on this forum, but is some years that
» i
» » read your posts… I wanna put your attenctions on something that seems
» to
» » be very interesting about the new icx patent, i’m speaking about the
» » in-vitro creation of new hairs, that can be after transplanted in a
» human
» » scalp… in few words, this means the end of the problem of the limit
» of
» » the donor hair, so if this patent go well, we can have illimitated
» » transplants that can resolve defintitely the hairloss drama…
» »
» » I wanna post here the most iteresting parts of the protocol about the
» » research, read well:
» » A proto-hair is capable of further development. It can develop into
» a
» » mature hair follicle in a suitable in vitro culture. It can also
» develop
» » into a mature hair follicle if implanted into a recipient : this means
» » that an in vitro produced proto-hair can subsequently produce a mature
» » hair follicle in vivo.

» »
» » This invention addresses one of the problems of current hair
» » transplantation techniques that there is a limit to the available donor
» » hair. The total number of human scalp hairs is fixed after birth.
» » Similarly the donor hair source for an Alopecia patient is restricted.
» As
» » hair transplantation does not create any new hair, it simply transfer
» » hairs from one location to another, there is a need for a method of
» » producing further hairs

» »
» » Surprisingly, we have found that a partially formed
» follicle
» » structure (proto-hair) generated in vitro will also develop into a
» mature
» » hair when transplanted.
(so, for the first time, an in
» vitro
» » hair, “artificial”, can grow on a human scalp… illimitated hairs can
» » grows… not bad!
» »
» » This invention dramatically decreases the quantity of
» donor
» » hair tissue required. It has the potential to provide an infinite
» number
» » of hair follicles or proto-hairs from the cells originally isolated from
» a
» » few hair follicles, since the cells can be infinitively expanded in
» » vitro.

» »
» » So… i think that is a wonderful news. Is not on the same level of the
» » ICX TRC, i think that is a more rude technique but… is the same a
» » revolution for the problem of the hairloss! No limit of donor means no
» » limit of hairs… understand?! If they make a commercial use of this
» work,
» » we have a great definitive solution for the hairloss problem!
» »
» » ps
» » an important particular i think… this study was registred on the
» » EUROPEAN PATENT OFFICE the same day of the conference in las vegas with
» » ICX and hair transplant doctors…
» »
» » What u think hairsite members??
»
»
»
» um…how come no one is asking for some references here, some website that
» has made these claims, everyone just read this and are opening champaign
» bottles. So where can cross reference this?

The link was posted in an earlier thread:
http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=...223&F=0&QPN=WO2007109223

I believe that this technique is more simply than the TRC, is more rude, in the trc with a simple iniection you have new hairs, here you need the classical transplant operation, so one to one hair in your scalp… trc i think is the technique of the future, the perfect work, no surgery, no post operation, nothing… but maybe is 2,3,4 years away.
This new in vitro coltivation is only a way to put in the business a new techinque that give the next step, the evolution, to the classical transplant, and them in the protocol seems to be very sure about this, that the in vitro transplant works.
But guys… where is the problem??
We want hairs… the way to have them is not a problem!

ps
no problems of direction, color, size… is a normal transplant but with illimitated hairs…

I find this to be probably GREAT news, but I’m not sure it greatly changes the situation.

We’re still basically trusting ICX that the process works, will be sold in a reasonably near-future timeframe.

We have yet to see any concrete evidence that the hairs produced are 100% indistinguishable from the original donor hairs. (And most worrisome to me, ICX has never even made a clear enough statement to put themselves on the hook for claiming it.) ICX is certainly acting like this is a non-issue. If it truly isn’t any issue with their current results, then it shouldn’t bother ICX to go on record saying it . . . right?

I’m cautiously optimistic but I still want proof. The more public statements they make without clearing up these basics, the more uncomfortable I get.

» I believe that this technique is more simply than the TRC, is more rude, in
» the trc with a simple iniection you have new hairs, here you need the
» classical transplant operation, so one to one hair in your scalp… trc i
» think is the technique of the future, the perfect work, no surgery, no
» post operation, nothing… but maybe is 2,3,4 years away.
» This new in vitro coltivation is only a way to put in the business a new
» techinque that give the next step, the evolution, to the classical
» transplant, and them in the protocol seems to be very sure about this,
» that the in vitro transplant works.
» But guys… where is the problem??
» We want hairs… the way to have them is not a problem!
»
» ps
» no problems of direction, color, size… is a normal transplant but with
» illimitated hairs…

The patent could be a way of stopping other companies of using icx technology in a slightly different way (growin follicles in vitro in stead of on top of the head). They may not even be using this technology as a commercial product.

The patent could be a way of stopping other companies of using icx technology in a slightly different way (growin follicles in vitro in stead of on top of the head). They may not even be using this technology as a commercial product.

No, i think is different… if you read the protocol, the inventors are not researchers of intercytex, they are from usa, icx is only the praticant…it can sounds like icx have buy this work because could be a good application to extend the transplant technique before the release of trc…

» I believe that this technique is more simply than the TRC, is more rude, in
» the trc with a simple iniection you have new hairs, here you need the
» classical transplant operation, so one to one hair in your scalp… trc i
» think is the technique of the future, the perfect work, no surgery, no
» post operation, nothing… but maybe is 2,3,4 years away.
» This new in vitro coltivation is only a way to put in the business a new
» techinque that give the next step, the evolution, to the classical
» transplant, and them in the protocol seems to be very sure about this,
» that the in vitro transplant works.
» But guys… where is the problem??
» We want hairs… the way to have them is not a problem!
»
» ps
» no problems of direction, color, size… is a normal transplant but with
» illimitated hairs…

you guys seem to be under the illusion that hair transplants the only problem is …sufficient donor hair, and if we just had unlimited donor hair, we could have perfect hair with a translant

you guys have a lot to learn about transplantation, there are a million things that can go wrong