New Clinical Trial Office Available

»»i am one of the guys who is part of the phase 2 study. yes, it appears that some hair has developed. i have not be contacted as what they will do with me in the future after the completion of the study. i would think they would try different formulations in their next trial group. my new hair development is sparse, not enough to blend in with my existing hair. if i remember correctly each injection had a million cells. at that time i was concerned that the growth in each injection would be so thick that it would look like the early days of large plugs from hair transplants. so one possibility would be that several visits of injections would be necessary to achieve enough density to be satisfactory.
» There was a member here who was part of the study, but he hasn’t posted in
» a while.

» »»i am one of the guys who is part of the phase 2 study. yes, it appears
» that some hair has developed. i have not be contacted as what they will do
» with me in the future after the completion of the study. i would think they
» would try different formulations in their next trial group. my new hair
» development is sparse, not enough to blend in with my existing hair. if i
» remember correctly each injection had a million cells. at that time i was
» concerned that the growth in each injection would be so thick that it would
» look like the early days of large plugs from hair transplants. so one
» possibility would be that several visits of injections would be necessary
» to achieve enough density to be satisfactory.

This mentioned scenario WILL be -without any doubts- the reality with such a cell-based approach like ARI’s “Ji Gami” - simply because you can’t predict anything (growth rate, FU-grouping, angles etc).

Therefore, especially for the frontal area (hairline, temples, zone 1-3), I would ALWAYS prefer artistically performed “What You See Is What You Get”-techniques/methods - like HST.

» »»i am one of the guys who is part of the phase 2 study. yes, it appears
» that some hair has developed. i have not be contacted as what they will do
» with me in the future after the completion of the study. i would think they
» would try different formulations in their next trial group. my new hair
» development is sparse, not enough to blend in with my existing hair. if i
» remember correctly each injection had a million cells. at that time i was
» concerned that the growth in each injection would be so thick that it would
» look like the early days of large plugs from hair transplants. so one
» possibility would be that several visits of injections would be necessary
» to achieve enough density to be satisfactory.
» » There was a member here who was part of the study, but he hasn’t posted
» in
» » a while.

Phase II trials are all about dosing and efficacy so you could have been on one of the lower doses for all we know. It will be interesting to see if they plan on using you again. The big question will be whether it’s compoundable or not.

@ Iron_Man : I do agree to a certain point. I think that your kind of method is the best solution for people who already had an hairtransplant and therefore reduced Donor, HST will be the first choice of people with that situation.

But i think for a virgin scalp, lets say NW 5 with no hairtransplant and Ari/Histogen/WHatever Else is working for the whole vertex, and the frontal area is the only thing which has do be repaired.

For those guys also a good FUE could work perfectly. Lets assume the average person has 4500 Grafts. And someone with no hairtransplant is going to fill in the frontal area with around 3000 Grafts. Then this person has 1000 save Grafts and is on the same maybe better level then someone who did the first thing.

That multiple procedures has to be done, thats for sure because even if it works directly you have to ive your hair a boost.

@thomastank : You brought up some nice informations, but i have some questions.

1. Whats your actual status?

2. Did FIn and Minox work for you in the past

3. The area around the injection, did your native hair fall out or did it actually grew a little stronger then before
    (Iam asking this because a lot of people dont see the positive impacts thos treatments could have on your own hair and it is important)

4. If you had to make wild guess: Lets assume for one second your whole head would be blank FULL blank. WHat kind of density would you have if you put your new grown hairs on the whole head with the current pattern? Its just a guess i know but it could give us some insights.

5. Did you have contact to other guys in this study?

6. Did they also inject something in your donor area

7. I know this would be too much to ask but, could you plug one hair and see if this hair would grew back (only if your next visit is in a few weeks, cause till then it should be grown back)

If it grows back i say “We all relax and save money”

» » »»i am one of the guys who is part of the phase 2 study. yes, it appears
» » that some hair has developed. i have not be contacted as what they will
» do
» » with me in the future after the completion of the study. i would think
» they
» » would try different formulations in their next trial group. my new hair
» » development is sparse, not enough to blend in with my existing hair. if
» i
» » remember correctly each injection had a million cells. at that time i
» was
» » concerned that the growth in each injection would be so thick that it
» would
» » look like the early days of large plugs from hair transplants. so one
» » possibility would be that several visits of injections
» would be necessary

» » to achieve enough density to be satisfactory.
»
» This mentioned scenario WILL be -without any doubts- the reality with such
» a cell-based approach like ARI’s “Ji Gami” - simply because you can’t
» predict anything (growth rate, FU-grouping, angles etc).
»
» Therefore, especially for the frontal area (hairline, temples, zone 1-3),
» I would ALWAYS prefer artistically performed “What You See Is What You
» Get”-techniques
/methods - like HST.

» »
» @thomastank : You brought up some nice informations, but i have some
» questions.
»
» 1) Whats your actual status?

• i’m near the completion of the study.

» 2) Did FIn and Minox work for you in the past

• in order to be in the study, they didnot want clients to have any previous treatments

» 3) The area around the injection, did your native hair fall out or did it
» actually grew a little stronger then before

• the injection site is chosen because the scalp is essentially bare where the injection takes place. so i don’t think there was much native hair present. so i don’t think any fell out or got any stronger.

• (Iam asking this because a lot of people dont see the positive impacts
    » thos treatments could have on your own hair and it is important)

» 4) If you had to make wild guess: Lets assume for one second your whole
» head would be blank FULL blank. WHat kind of density would you have if you
» put your new grown hairs on the whole head with the current pattern? Its
» just a guess i know but it could give us some insights.

• my best guess would be to compare a new scalp of injected stem cells to that of some new born baby whose head is full, but sparse in density. i’ve notice in some women as they get older, their total head of hair is thinner.
    is it better than being bald. probably yes. would that look be satisfactory in the long run, probably not. in regards to hair pattern, the hair seems to grow in a natural fashion. so i couldn’t tell if it is natural hair or stem-cell hair.
    »
    » 5) Did you have contact to other guys in this study?
  • since i didnot have any friend/family member particpate with me. i know no one. i think they don’t want us to compare results amongst ourselves.

» 6) Did they also inject something in your donor area

• what would be the purpose of something in the donor area? just a pain killer prior to hair removal.

» 7) I know this would be too much to ask but, could you plug one hair and
» see if this hair would grew back (only if your next visit is in a few
» weeks, cause till then it should be grown back)

• i could pull out a hair, but wouldn’t know exactly where it came from. i also couldn’t tell if it was my normal hair or from the injection-created.

» If it grows back i say "We all relax and save money"
i don’t understand your comment?
»»

Hello thomas thank you very much for your answers.

I have to apologize my first question was ask in a very stupid kind of way. I just wanted to know whats your status on the norwood scale :slight_smile:

But anyway thank you for the information about your part in this study.

My last question was more of a general thing, that in the case of a plucked hair, we should all be cool and save our money, cause this shows that those hairs are actually permanent.

You gave us some very interesting infos btw. Cause we know now (some of us actually sooner then today) that the hair grows in the correct pattern.

So right now we should ask all hair docs who told us a few weeks before " HM well guys seems to be cool on da paper but in da reality we dont know if the hair will have the originla characteristicas" (yes guys therer were a few docs who actually told that to patients Facepalm to infinity

I hope you keep us informed.

Are you actually blank on your head or just diffuse. And for how long did you have MPB?

Thanks for you effort and give those ARI guys a nice greeting, they shouldnt be so sneaky and under the radar, they should keep in touch with us hairloss sufferers cause some of us have really good ideas etc

» Thanks for you effort and give those ARI guys a nice greeting, they
» shouldnt be so sneaky and under the radar, they should keep in touch with
» us hairloss sufferers cause some of us have really good ideas etc

hehe no offense but i think our ideas are very juvenile in nature. We are all laymen and i’m sure our brainstorming is of little use to the actual experts.

Maybe its childish, but it was meant to be read with a little wink wink

» » Thanks for you effort and give those ARI guys a nice greeting, they
» » shouldnt be so sneaky and under the radar, they should keep in touch
» with
» » us hairloss sufferers cause some of us have really good ideas etc
»
» hehe no offense but i think our ideas are very juvenile in nature. We are
» all laymen and i’m sure our brainstorming is of little use to the actual
» experts.

hehe… ok then :wink:

» Maybe its childish, but it was meant to be read with a little wink wink
»
» » » Thanks for you effort and give those ARI guys a nice greeting, they
» » » shouldnt be so sneaky and under the radar, they should keep in touch
» » with
» » » us hairloss sufferers cause some of us have really good ideas etc
» »
» » hehe no offense but i think our ideas are very juvenile in nature. We
» are
» » all laymen and i’m sure our brainstorming is of little use to the
» actual
» » experts.

I dont know if it all works out well but one thing is for sure if it doesnt(given the magnitude of these trials) this will be the greatest dissapointment we ever had in these forums…and we all had a lot

by the way great thread that we all enjoy reading and commenting, seems that when we have something serious and real to discuss we all behave maturely

Lets look at this from a neutral point.

1. They managed to grow hairs from the bald scratch

Thats the most important thing, cause lets assume that thomas tank got the dose with the lowest concentration. Try to think what would happen if you increase the dosage :slight_smile:

iam not afraif that it wont work, iam more afraid to commit a terrible mistke when HM is ready like giving me a NW0 hairline and when iam turning 40 i will look really ugly and unnatural

» I dont know if it all works out well but one thing is for sure if it
» doesnt(given the magnitude of these trials) this will be the greatest
» dissapointment we ever had in these forums…and we all had a lot
»
» by the way great thread that we all enjoy reading and commenting, seems
» that when we have something serious and real to discuss we all behave
» maturely

»»
» I have to apologize my first question was ask in a very stupid kind of
» way. I just wanted to know whats your status on the norwood scale :slight_smile:
»
» being on this site helped me to research the norwood scale. the person at ari said i was nw5. to qualify for the research project the client had to be either a nw5 or nw6.

because my receding was from the rear instead of the front, it was not as noticeable for me. fornuately for me, i didnot lose alot of hair when i was young. while i was not familiar with my mother’s brothers/father i would guess they were bald by the time they were middle-aged.

my father’s youngest brother has a full head of hair. but my dad’s father was definitely bald by the time he was sixty.

ari has kept me in the dark so far. no rapport or feedback. maybe in due time that might change.

i hope ari will consider me for future treatment/study because i think long term observation is important to the effectiveness of this kind of research.

»» I have to apologize my first question was ask in a very stupid kind of
» way. I just wanted to know whats your status on the norwood scale :slight_smile:
»
»at my recent visit with ari, the researcher checked my file and told me i was classified as nw5. as a client they were looking for people who were either nw5 or nw6.
»
» Are you actually blank on your head or just diffuse. And for how long did
» you have MPB?
»
»i am moving from the phase of diffuse towards blank. my mpb has become more apparent in the last ten years.

while i am not familiar with my mother’s brothers, my guess is that they all became bald with age.

my dad and two of his brothers became bald slowly, beginning from the front and progressing towards the back. my dad and the older two uncles were tall in statue. but my youngest uncle is short and has a full head of hair. his sons are short and also have a great head of hair so far.

Hello Thomas,
first of all I apologize for my English but it is not my primary language.
I would like to ask you: exactly what do you mean by ‘sparse in density’?
Have you few hairs in respect of the area of the treatment, or your new hairs
are thin in their diameter? Or both?
Thanks for your time,
William

» Hello Thomas,
» first of all I apologize for my English but it is not my primary
» language.
» I would like to ask you: exactly what do you mean by ‘sparse in density’?
» Have you few hairs in respect of the area of the treatment, or your new
» hairs
» are thin in their diameter? Or both?
» Thanks for your time,
» William

William read the forum first please… this question has been answered.

»
» William read the forum first please… this question has been answered.

I read the forum. However since we’re often speaking about hairs
like baby/old female hairs, I would like a confirm on what we could
interpret for thickness.
I do not want to be redundant, neither to seems even a bit aggressive,
if I do, sorry :slight_smile:

no worries… here is a repost of

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-73063-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html

» Thanks for the replies, Thomas.
»
» When you say that the new hair is “thin”, do you mean density is low, or
» do you mean the hairs are of small caliber?

after about 9 months now, the hair in the area of the injections looks normal in direction,the thickness of the individual hairs looks normal, the hair grows at a normal pace. so at this point it’s a matter of density. originally when the injections were done, my concern would be that the hair would grow too dense and look like clusters of hair plugs. each injections has many cells (not sure if it’s hundreds,thousands or even millions placed in each individual injection). dense or sparse, my concern is how long will the new hair stay and regenerate for the future